Boycott Goodwill Stores During Holidays
GOODWILL EX EMPLOYEE

Phoenix, AZ

#869 Aug 2, 2012
Maybe Porky writes bounced checks but Kim Rydor was criminally charged and served jail time for her bounced checks. Jim Teter doesn't know how to run the non-profit business and admitted it. Larry Betz the Goodwill Compliance Officer graduated from the lowest law college in the USA. Perfect for Goodwill. Christopher Meyers seemed to be a very nice person, however, Porky is now head of Loss Prevention with zero skills in that department. What can you expect from a former K-Mart Stock boy. Porky was also instrumental in the Keith Mason and Diane Hansen romance scandal and now Porky is doing the same thing with the VP of Real Estate. Who will be instrumental in snitching on Ryder and Porky in Corporate? This whole thing would be a fantastic story for the newspaper.
GOODWILL EX EMPLOYEE

Phoenix, AZ

#871 Aug 6, 2012
SPADE wrote:
Well a couple of months or so back I'd defended this ass backwards Co. because I know the Halleen's but I found it wasn't worth it because of the BS my daughter is being put through & it was handed down by Jackie per one of my daughters former bosses ,I do understand how ever that the orders may of been handed down from someone above J.H. but as far as I know it could of been pesonal as well. My daughter was recently given a raise & she's been w/the Co. for over a year but yet they cut her hrs way .......back it makes no sense what so ever. What also really gets me is her former boss just got transfered to another store quit a distance from his home and it was shortly after he supposedly acccidently ran into a bunch of top notches of the Co. in Vegas,I'm thinking they didn't want him talking but guess that's too late. So my whole thing is just like EVERY CORP. IN AMERICA the little fish have to struggle to survive while the big fish flourish,& I'd like to see them get flushed.
I am an ex Goodwill employee and I know how rotten Corporate can be. They may have raised your daughters salary - but by cutting her hours they feel she will be getting a samaller salary. More money for the greedy Corporate people.
Boo Hoo

Tempe, AZ

#872 Aug 7, 2012
Goodwill of Central Arizona has three (3) civil cases in court filed against them at the present time. What an ethical non-profit.
Just a Goodwill grunt

Phoenix, AZ

#873 Aug 8, 2012
I have been watching this thread for a few months now. and ready or not... here I come! I'm a grunt at a Goodwill store in Mesa. I've been w/GW for over 3 years. I work my ass off everyday, stuggling to make my quota's, so I can keep this crappy job. Crappy because of the low wages, the lack of appreciation, the push, push push to make money for the Corp. sharks. I got every review I've had LATE, sometimes by months, then I've had to wait 2 and 3 months to see that lousy .25 increase appear on my check. I asked about backpay... and after the 3rd time waiting for a response was finally told by my HR Rep.(Veronica) and I quote "the big guys up at Corporate really don't care weather you get any backpay or not" I was shocked. But, I'm sure that is TRUE... why should they... if I don't like it I should quit. right? Just a lowly store GRUNT, working hard to make corp a few bucks for another catered lunch. There are lots of people standing in line for my job, so I've been told over and over. GOODWILL (Corp. Sharks) are the worst bunch of money-grubbing leaders I've ever heard of... and I think the public should know what a corrupt bunch of liars this Co is run by. and so they shall...
Just a Goodwill grunt

Phoenix, AZ

#874 Aug 11, 2012
Ya know most people that donate to GW stores actualy think that we are going to repair their stuff (putting people to work). We don't fix much of anything and it kills me how much furniture goes into our compactor. Sometimes the stuff is just dusty and dirty or needs a couple small nails, screws or just the twist of a screw driver to be sellable, but I usually hear "compact it" if I start to tighten something up. It's just such a waste. I think most stores are under-staffed there should be a person at ever store, whose main job is to do minor repairs and apply a little elbow-grease to clean up 10 years off dust from these donated items, instead of just deeming them junk and trashing them.-and that's my 2 cents for today. thx
Boo Hoo

Tempe, AZ

#875 Aug 11, 2012
Just a Goodwill grunt wrote:
Ya know most people that donate to GW stores actualy think that we are going to repair their stuff (putting people to work). We don't fix much of anything and it kills me how much furniture goes into our compactor. Sometimes the stuff is just dusty and dirty or needs a couple small nails, screws or just the twist of a screw driver to be sellable, but I usually hear "compact it" if I start to tighten something up. It's just such a waste. I think most stores are under-staffed there should be a person at ever store, whose main job is to do minor repairs and apply a little elbow-grease to clean up 10 years off dust from these donated items, instead of just deeming them junk and trashing them.-and that's my 2 cents for today. thx
You are so right - Most of the stores here in Central Arizona are filthy - especially at 32nd and Greenway. Some of the furniture that is thrown out could be a beautiful antique. With a little elbow grease someone would cherish it. NO, Goodwill would never hire someone to do minor repairs as it would mean more money lost for the greedy Corporate people. Goodwill has NEVER DONE ANYTHING FOR THE PUBLIC OTHER THAN GIVING JOBS TO BENIFIT CORPORATE.

I noticed huge BILLBOARD SIGNS here in Phoenix that Goodwill is now using to promote their donations. How tacky and low of Goodwill when they spend all this money on such garbage instead of using this money for helping the homeless and less fortunate people. St.Vincent De Paul has kitchens to feed the hungry. Please tell me one thing that Goodwill has done that they can be proud of. Oh, they put people to work - so does Walmart, Target. KMart and McDonalds. People also are not aware that Goodwill is a Non Profit but also a private business.
Boo Hoo
#876 Aug 16, 2012
Former Asset Protection wrote:
Why would PORKY have my ASS?????
Why are you so stuck on that perceived relationship? If they are or were an item, then you should already have your answer. It should already be clear in your mind that the so called code of ethics is not enforced at the corporate level of director and above. Case in point, Dolan was brought back by Porky. At least I held on to my morals and saw what was happening and made the choice of voluntarily resigning from further employment at that place. Here is something to ponder......Porky also bounced a check. Guess who it was made out to.
I guess Porky (alias Tim O'Neal) and his mistress Kim Ryder (the check fraud Queen who is a VP in GOODWILL REAL ESTATE) have a lot in common - they both bounce BAD CHECKS. Can you believe that Porky is the Chief Operation Officer of GOODWILL and the HEAD OF LOSS PREVENTION. I KNOW WHERE GOODWILL IS HEADING WITH THEIR ETHICS.
Been There

Phoenix, AZ

#878 Aug 25, 2012
Boo Hoo

Phoenix, AZ

#879 Aug 26, 2012
Thank you Been There for the article you posted. Now people will stop supporting such an ungrateful supposed non-profit business. They are taking advantage of the handicap and lining the pockets of the idiots who are in Goodwill Corporate here in Arizona. I know of a young sweet lady who had some disability and worked at the 32nd and Greenway store who was paid way under minimum wage. I personally saw her check and was shocked that Goodwill was paying her so little when she was doing the same amount of work as others. Goodwill of Central Arizona is a prime example of a disgusting shameful supposed non profit. However, you are dealing here in Ariona with uneducated guiltless people in CORPORATE WHO CAME OUT OF KMART.
thinkaboutit

United States

#880 Aug 29, 2012
Great ideas i found glasses selling for $1.99 when you can get then in packs Of four for a $1.00 New And throw away plastic containers $1.99 used And empty when thet are free when you buy a pound Of sliced turkey for $2.50 good will is terrible there are tons Of rip offs $.25 shirts for $4.99 crazy yard sale is the best they need to get real folks over price out dated stinky crap!
DISGUSTED

Glendale, AZ

#881 Aug 30, 2012
What are you doing with all those donations - besides lining the pockets of GOODWILL'S CORPORATE. Saint Vincent de Paul has five (5) kitchens that feed the homeless and hungry in the Phoenix, Az. area.
Goodwill only brags about the jobs they give people. GOODWILL PUTS PEOPLE TO WORK only to make money for the fat boys like PORKY.
Please people start donating to non-profits that do good for the people instead of those who brag and do nothing.
Been There

Glendale, AZ

#882 Aug 30, 2012
Americans with Disabilities to Protest
Goodwill’s Subminimum Wages
Protesters to Urge Boycott, Demand Fair Wages
Baltimore, Maryland (August 20, 2012): The National Federation of the Blind (NFB), one of the oldest and largest organizations of Americans with disabilities, announced today that it, along with other organizations of people with disabilities, will conduct over eighty coordinated nationwide protests in front of thrift stores operated by Goodwill Industries International, Inc., the nonprofit manufacturer and retailer. The informational protests will raise awareness of Goodwill’s practice of paying subminimum wages to many of its workers with disabilities. Freedom of information requests filed by the NFB confirmed that Goodwill Industries employees with disabilities have been paid as low as $0.22 an hour. The NFB and nearly fifty other organizations of people with disabilities support legislation, the Fair Wages for Workers with Disabilities Act (H.R. 3086), which would phase out and then repeal the nearly seventy-five-year-old provision of the Fair Labor Standards Act that permits special certificate holders to pay subminimum wages to workers with disabilities. The protests will take place on Saturday, August 25, generally from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. local time at Goodwill thrift store locations throughout the United States.
Reality

Phoenix, AZ

#884 Sep 3, 2012
Goodwill smells of piss and the employees are sofa king retarded.

Gross and nasty
DISGUSTED

Tempe, AZ

#885 Sep 10, 2012
My friend and I went to the Goodwill half-price sale on saturday - and I will NEVER GO AGAIN. Unruly children, filthy rest rooms, broken down items that they should have never put on the shelves and the rest of the stuff was so dirty you would not want to touch it. I will contact the proper authorities on this as it is a very unhealthy place to shop. Goodwill needs to clean up their act.
DISGUSTED

Tempe, AZ

#886 Sep 16, 2012
Porky how are you doing with Goodwill's new venture. How disgusting for a non-profit to use our donations for Goodwill's corporate salaries. Is it going to be as profitable as your private auto business was? How will you be putting people to work on your new construction business. I see you have a lawsuit already on your newest venture. As usual Goodwill pleaded GOOD FAITH.
Been There

Tempe, AZ

#887 Sep 16, 2012
Goodwill of Central Arizona corporate officers are commplaining about employee theft in their stores. However, the theives in corporate are taking more advantages of the theft that they are complaining about. this is well documented that the corporate are taking more advantages of the many trips, lavish parties not fund raisers, made up corporate titles for their friend - take for instance Tim O'Neal that is HEAD OF LOSS PREVENTION with no training in that department, Kim Ryder corporate VP of Real Estate who has zero knowledge regardin real estate - Goodwill had to hire someone to do her job while she is still getting paid a large corporate salary, Teter who is part of the Goodwill board (AVNET) and is now CEO. In my opinion he is an idiot - that takes all his orders from Tim O'Neal. I could go on and on.
DISGUSTED

Phoenix, AZ

#888 Sep 16, 2012
Before anyone thinks of hiring Goodwill's commercial service divison - just take a trip to any of their non-profit stores and you will definetly change your mind. Goodwill must and should clean their filthy stores from top to bottom. The floors could use a good cleaning and the toilets are so bad you do not even want to use them - let alone the filthy merchandise they are selling. You would think they would at least make an effort to clean the free items that are for sale. The stores should be a good indication of Goodwill's only thought is to make more and more money for the greedy misfits in CORPORATE. If anyone thinks of hiring this company the filthy stores will surely change their minds.
Just a Goodwill grunt

Phoenix, AZ

#889 Sep 18, 2012
Yes, Disgusted... you are right our store is pretty dirty, most of the time. It doesn't HAVE to be that way though, if Goodwill would just put a few more people to work at each store, or maybe give us a full 40 hour work week instead of he 37 1/2 hours that seems to be our max. hours. But we're always short handed and the production QUOTA's!-not goals... quota's, are insane... 500 pcs, a day, put to the sales floor, for each miscel pricer, 400 pcs of Linens, 175 pcs of Electrical, 500 books and 500 pairs of shoes? REALLY? Seriously? and pull old and broken merchandise, straighten and put stuff back where it belongs? Who has time to USE the filthy bathroom, let alone CLEAN it! crack that whip Mr. and Ms. supervisor... but I have no incentive to give a shit, I know where the money that's generated from all my hard work is going! Lining the pockets of Mr. Good and Mr. Will! A cost of living increase would sure be nice, as the new hires are making just under what some of our longtime (3 and 4 years)employees are making. sad.. just sad!
Been There

Phoenix, AZ

#890 Oct 11, 2012
A national disability advocacy group is urging a boycott of Goodwill arguing that the collector of unwanted clothes and furniture should not be paying workers with disabilities less than minimum wage.

The National Federation of the Blind is coming out against Goodwill after obtaining documents showing that the venerable nonprofit known for reselling household goods pays some workers with disabilities as little as $1.44 per hour.

“We are calling upon all Americans to refuse to do business with Goodwill Industries, to refuse to make donations to the subminimum wage exploiter and to refuse to shop in its retail stores until it exercises true leadership and sound moral judgment by fairly compensating its workers with disabilities,” said Marc Maurer, president of the National Federation of the Blind.

Goodwill’s compensation practices are legal. Under the Fair Labor Standards Act, employers have been able to obtain special permission from the U.S. Department of Labor since the 1930s to pay those with disabilities less than the federal minimum of $7.25 per hour.

However, the National Federation of the Blind says the allowance is based on an outdated view of the ability of individuals with disabilities to work and they say that Goodwill should do better.

“That Goodwill Industries exploits many of its workers in this way is ironic, because its president and chief executive officer is blind. Goodwill cannot credibly argue that workers with disabilities are incapable of doing productive work while paying its blind CEO over half-a-million dollars a year,” Maurer said.

The National Federation of the Blind and dozens of other disability advocacy groups support legislation introduced in Congress last year that would end subminimum wage altogether. However, no further action has been taken on the bill.

For their part, Goodwill representatives said in a statement that 64 of their 165 local affiliates pay employees with significant disabilities below minimum wage but such workers receive an average of $7.47 per hour.

“Goodwill supports changes in the (law) so long as the right of people with disabilities to maintain employment of their choice is preserved,” the statement said.

What’s more, the group added that paying less than minimum wage “enables Goodwill and thousands of other employers to provide opportunities for people with severe disabilities who otherwise might not be part of the workforce.”
Boo Hoo

Tempe, AZ

#891 Oct 17, 2012
Welcome back Ms Kim Ryder. Are the rumors TRUE??????????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phoenix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jumper 11 hr jump 1
News Phoenix Police Officer Patrick Larrison, Bully ... (May '11) 15 hr guest 33
prostitutes on 27th ave (Jan '10) Fri vance 116
yellow residue after monday's rainstorm (Mar '11) Thu Jerry 25
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) Thu SKANKHUNT42 1,122
Is Sun City the best place to retire in AZ? (Apr '09) Mar 21 Dreyfus 58
News Is prostitution and sex taking place in Scottsd... (Oct '09) Mar 21 Brother Smith 226

Phoenix Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Phoenix Mortgages