Death at School: Parents Fight Back A...

Death at School: Parents Fight Back Against Deadly Discipline

There are 1 comment on the KSFO AM 560 story from Nov 30, 2012, titled Death at School: Parents Fight Back Against Deadly Discipline. In it, KSFO AM 560 reports that:

Parents of children who have died or been injured while being manhandled, held down or locked up in America's public schools are fighting back.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSFO AM 560.

complicated

United States

#1 Nov 30, 2012
This is a complicated situation. My heart goes out to the parents who have lost their children. I also do not think strapping children to boards or putting them in bags is the way to go. However, being a parent of a child with autism symptoms, I do understand the complications of this. I've held my child and rocked for hours before while physically restraining him from an inconsolable emotional response. This is not an easy line to tread. And my child is rather non violent, non aggressive compared to other children we have been around. I wish there was a one size solution, but there isn't. As parents and care givers of special needs children we sometimes find our best chance of giving our children better quality of life and a shot at a more normal existance is in doing something that seems awful or drastic to those who haven't walked in our shoes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phoenix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama: Any misconduct at VA will be punished (May '14) 8 hr DeltaVetWife 6
Spinal Patient needs help with pain (Jan '11) 9 hr DeltaVetWife 19
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) Apr 26 chuckles 1,144
we are suppliers of froozen chicken feet in l... (Mar '13) Apr 26 elenasan37 48
Armpit Airline Apr 22 Citizen 2
When are they going to make movie about Pat Til... Apr 20 Whiny1 3
News Phoenix Police Officer Patrick Larrison, Bully ... (May '11) Apr 17 Bro 34

Phoenix Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Phoenix Mortgages