City Data forum sucks!!!
zxcvbg

Cicero, IL

#71 Jan 25, 2012
He who knows wrote:
Just found out more news about the city-data forum. Whatever moderators of that forum there are that live in America also happen to be tea partiers. Yes, you read correctly! Tea partiers! Exactly like Florida's current governor, Rick Scott!
You couldn't possibly be more wrong. None of the moderators are American at all. The city-data forum is a North Korea based forum, with roughly 98% of all the staff being North Koreans, 0.5% of the staff being Polish, and 1.5% Russian. The city-data forum Administrator is likely a close relative of the late Kim Jong-Il, both senior mods work as security in North Korea's brutal gulags! So the city-data forum moderators are many thousands of times WORSE than Tea Partiers. North Korea is a heavily militarized totalitarian dictatorship, and a horrendously brutal one at that. In North Korea, just simple posession of a Bible is punishable by death/public execution, as was found out painfully in 1995 when 5 people were publicly executed by being run over with a steamroller because construction workers found a bible in a basement with a list of members of the church group.
Factual

Summerville, SC

#72 Aug 3, 2012
inthewest wrote:
Have you ever been a member of this site or are you currently?
This site is trash. I joined a few months ago and really thought it was cool until I realized how much favoritism the moderators have. I gave an honest opinion about a city on the City vs City board and I got an infraction for "starting a fight" and "insulting" I also got infractions for calling someone a troll who was being a troll! I hate how some posters can get away with name calling and others can't. All the city/state forums are a big mess. People come in with only a few posts and just start bashing the city etirely and the people that live there. I hate how there are "star parties" for whenever people get stars. Finally, I hate how certain cities are overly praised(San Francisco, New York City, Seattle), and how other cities are constantly bashed (Los Angeles, Phoenix, Miami, Las Vegas) I have not been banned from this site as of yet, but I am done with that site. The site seems to be filled with 40+ year olds who sit on there a*ses all day and just bash entire. cities and regions. what are your experiences with the site?
I helped someone by giving a free site to learn English and was banned forever. If I knew where to find theses moderators I would thank them personally. The site is biased, and needs to be deleted totally from the internet. Especially regarding Oahu-Hawaii, which is over priced and advertised nonsense "paradise" that does NOT exist on a racially prejudiced lot sized parking lot.
Factual

Summerville, SC

#73 Aug 3, 2012
The site banned me for posting a site helping someone learn English for FREE?! Maybe they restrict it to Nazis conformity. Biased jerkoffs like moderator "7th generation" need to be thanked personally. Seig Heil.
Christian

Hurst, TX

#74 Nov 12, 2012
Joined it and got trashed by everyone bc I asked what's good about San Antonio. I really wanted to know but got humiliated instead. Screw them!
Sundry

South Saint Paul, MN

#75 Mar 11, 2013
Yes the site and moderators are terrible in my opinion. If you abide by the rules and terms of service but happen to beat one of them in a debate or discussion, or you make points they simply don't like or don't want to hear, you could very well be banned forever from the site for absolutely no reason other reason than you embarrassed one of the moderators and made their comments or points look silly. It's too bad but true. I avoid that site like the plague.
bellafinzi

Beverly, MA

#76 Sep 12, 2013
Sundry wrote:
Yes the site and moderators are terrible in my opinion. If you abide by the rules and terms of service but happen to beat one of them in a debate or discussion, or you make points they simply don't like or don't want to hear, you could very well be banned forever from the site for absolutely no reason other reason than you embarrassed one of the moderators and made their comments or points look silly. It's too bad but true. I avoid that site like the plague.
Sounds like you are a trouble maker and your opinion does not reflect my experience at the site. Perhaps you behave ljke a troll and got banned but blame it on the site instead.
John

Ocean Springs, MS

#78 Sep 18, 2013
city data forum is a joke.

i am a very depressed man that asked for real advice and posted real true facts about myself and thoughtsi have.

they "banned me for life" for supposedly "trolling"

what a joke.

Do not use the city-data forum if you want to be truthful or look for real helpful advice, because any one of their hundreds of moderators will ban you for life for their own sense of power.
aaryn gires

Honolulu, HI

#79 Sep 22, 2013
John wrote:
city data forum is a joke.
i am a very depressed man that asked for real advice and posted real true facts about myself and thoughtsi have.
they "banned me for life" for supposedly "trolling"
what a joke.
Do not use the city-data forum if you want to be truthful or look for real helpful advice, because any one of their hundreds of moderators will ban you for life for their own sense of power.
Grow a pair.
123ABC

Boise, ID

#80 Nov 17, 2013
The Hawaii, especially the Big Island forum on City data is complete garbage. You have a crew of people there who have made it their mission to discourage people from coming to "their island" and will band together to accomplish their common goal. I see this pretty much rings true with across the boards. People have this "my turf" mentality and although they would never say it in person they try and have a loud bark on the internet. My advice go to city-data for the statistics they have nicely gathered but avoid the forums. They are filled with people who never get off the computer and constantly try to "scare" you from coming to their neck of the woods. sad isn't it lol.
Jim

North Port, FL

#81 Nov 18, 2013
City Data is fine if your a liberal, but they are very biased to the left and if you don't agree or post a neg thought on something they like your banned. Simple as that. I posted about how the seasoned citizens flood florida in the winter and buy up everything in sight and was given points for being insulting. How the hell was that insulting? Its a fact. You can't get a table at a restaurant, you can't go to the super market and find any of the good priced itmes they are always out of stock, the roads are like NJ rush hour and they have the attitude of I come from where they do things right. Its facts. But they say its being insensitive. Being insensitive is saying something disparaging, not facts. CD has become a trash sight for realtors to try to pick up business and everyone has to be vanilla bland on topics. Its a nice sunny day, the rain is good we needed it, I love the shopping in this town, Obama is trying his best, bla bla bla bla. Screw city data. Create other user names through proxies and log in, they can't stop you.
Jim

North Port, FL

#82 Nov 18, 2013
boycott city data. I just got banned because I posted a fact that I have a friend who worked in a Detroit hospital that stopped playing Christmas music because of the Muslim uproar and started to play Muslim music. She quit and moved to Traverse city mi and saw in the paper who the local college has applied to let in 1000 Chinese students. This is just getting crazy and I got banned for posting facts. CD is a fascist thug community that bans anyone who is not multicultural.
ChittyData

United States

#83 Dec 8, 2013
In your calmest, most reasonable tone...try going to their About The Forum section and politely mentioning that people n C-D aren't very nice. LoL. The immediate and gratuitous shtstorm that will instantly rain down on you will be worth the ban. Too funny! Like tossing a match on a pile of bone dry newspapers with just a hint of gasoline! LoL.
Mose

Prescott, AZ

#84 Dec 10, 2013
Boy, you gat that right.
mike out east

Washington, DC

#85 Jan 13, 2014
inthewest wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, they are exremely right leaning and won't take a liberal point of view at all
i wouldn't say they are right leaning at all. I am banned for life. I got a demerit for a ''personal attack''; part of the mods very biased actions and then banned for questioning it as I pointed out some mods should be banned for their POV,,,they post their harsh opinions as well and I found most to be uber liberal..
mike out east

Washington, DC

#86 Jan 13, 2014
inthewest wrote:
How do you get by a Permaban?
It is far too easy if you speak your mind and don't hold back. People post their life problems there wanting advice for anything under the sun. If you post something some thin skinned liberal thinks is a personal attack - too many of them - you get demerit points and then they can ban you. Don't try to arbitrate as that is a sure ban.

That place is a wacko bin full of people with hollow lives and no brains. It's fun to reply to the ridiculous stuff there if only to shock them out of their failed Disney-esque hopes, dreams and points of view. The sad aspect is there are favored individuals allowed to post whatever they want, They have the most rep points and other cartoon awards for some reason, If you aren't in the clique you are outside looking in.
mike out east

Washington, DC

#87 Jan 13, 2014
City data forum sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
The worst offender is the moderator who goes by the name of Yac. I wonder if that is a reference to some Nordic god
^^^^^100% in agreement! This is the worst person you could ever want as a mod on a site encompassing as much as that site does. I imagine that nutcase stumbling around from forum to forum and penalizing posts for the reason The didn't use correct grammar. It gets that petty.
mike out east

Washington, DC

#88 Jan 13, 2014
Marksman21 wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't be more wrong. The vast majority of the sh*tty data mods are insecure left-wing libnuts who live in the inner urban ghetto because they are too stupid/lazy to live in a nicer area.
Yeah, I don't know how people who have ever spent time on CD can even mutter TEA party or republican when considering the feel good kumbaya atmosphere of the place. If you have a dissenting voice you get deleted and accused of personal attacks which lead to infractions.

If you want a big dose of people out of touch I suggest a visit to the suburbs of Washington DC section of the Maryland forums. Those people are a trip.
mike out east

Washington, DC

#89 Jan 13, 2014
I am not the moderator known as ''mike from out east'' from CD.I have never come across that mod. The two I have had bad dealings with are marka and yac.
Craig

Spokane, WA

#90 Feb 21, 2014
Who owns City Data? I wasted a good deal of time there before coming to the conclusion they are not in business to actually report real data, or allow forum members to discuss anything but rosy reports of given cities. They are definitely right wing, no doubt about that, and realtors are pretty much given free reign. The Idaho moderator, "Sage of Sagle" is a complete tyrant.
edteach

North Port, FL

#91 Mar 26, 2014
City data forum is a form with many topics, there is a gun forum I post on once in a while. I posted a thread about a German Paratrooper gravity knife and got this message from Elk Hunter who is a bit anal retentive. Well a lot really.

"I am getting tired of the threads that you start. They are meaningless.

You start a new thread for every little thing you buy, here or there. This is not your personal sounding board for every widget sold in the free world.

It took me and others, almost 2 years of argueing and pleading to get a Guns and Hunting forum started. I'm not going to stand back and watch you make a mockery out of it. If you have something meaningful to find out or question, by all means, post it, start a thread. But you are done starting a new thread every time you find a knife, or see a box of 22's for sale, or see some shiney trinket in the store window.

ElkHunter __________"

Now I have been told to watch my language and not call people idiots ect. But this was very strange and I have never received a PM like this, and it made me laugh out loud. I had just posted a thread asking if there should be a knife forum and was told by Elk Hunter that the gun forum was all that was needed to talk about knives. LMFAO But then I get this rambling incoherent PM about posting threads about knives. I started a thread about 22lrs and asked were there any available in anyone’s area and to post updated info. There are whole sights devoted to just this.

I just wanted to get others opinion on this, my feeling is this guy is off his meds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phoenix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Court upholds racial profiling injunction on Ar... Mon Sunlight 2
Creates websites Mon Victoria32 1
Update About Bank Crimes Against Me in the Unit... Aug 1 PatriciaMcGurk 1
Insulin Syringes (Nov '08) Jul 31 aaap 12
You beaners Jul 27 white 1
Carolyn Jessop - Truth or fiction (Jun '13) Jul 24 Meme 14
Lame Comments Jul 23 Good Woman 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Phoenix Mortgages