Convicted Killer Faints In Court At S...

Convicted Killer Faints In Court At Sentencing

There are 44 comments on the NBC 10 Philadelphia story from Apr 16, 2008, titled Convicted Killer Faints In Court At Sentencing. In it, NBC 10 Philadelphia reports that:

A convicted killer fainted in court Tuesday as his sentence was read. Benjamin Cooper received the maximum sentence of 31 to 62 years in prison for strangling Claire Clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 10 Philadelphia.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Impression08

Ambler, PA

#1 Apr 28, 2008
Well,when do what you do,you get what you get.Deal with it!
A Hawn-Key

Philadelphia, PA

#3 May 8, 2008
wow, this article is two years old.
Matt

Morrisville, PA

#6 May 9, 2008
i saw that shit on 48 hours too last night im from newtown square the next town over i never heard shit about this until i saw it on that show crazy how shit seems soo far fenched until it happens to someone that lives around you or you know
someone

Philadelphia, PA

#7 May 14, 2008
fuzzdad wrote:
<quoted text>Lady, I'm from Broomall, PA and I knew Claire. She had a good job teaching at a Catholic school. She had a good family that cared about her. Yet she threw it all away to smoke crack with a hoopty n from the ghetto. She not only threw it away, she thumbed her nose at guys like me who aren't in the "scene". Cause she was gonna be a star. When she was murdered, she lived in a garbage pit with no electric or running water. Her boyfriend strangled her over who got to smoke the last of the crack. Wow, ha ha. All those times she called me L7 (square) really hurts my feelings now. It's this simple: If you dance with the devil, you are gonna get burned. That's why I have never done a drug in my life and to hell with those who have...Ken.
I knew Claire very well. Much better than you have. She never, ever did drugs not once in her life. She didn't throw anything away, cause her family always cared about her and thinks idiots like you should leave her alone.That guy who murdered her wasn't her boyfriend, and he only kiled her because he was jealous. You are a square, and you only dislike her cause she didn't like you
sylvia

Philadelphia, PA

#9 May 14, 2008
The man deserves it, but I think he should get life in prison for all that he did. I'm a member of her family and she was the nicest person I ever met.
Bigsurprise

Willis, MI

#10 Nov 5, 2009
White girl from the suburbs,killed,torched,and strangled. Black male, boyfriend,junkie,criminal,lose r,Philly, scum. Sadly, This is happening more and more nationwide. Brainwashed by MTV, and interracial couples? Draw your own conclusion. Spread the word, and protect our women. It's sad R.I.P.
LMH

Berwyn, PA

#11 Dec 10, 2009
sylvia wrote:
The man deserves it, but I think he should get life in prison for all that he did. I'm a member of her family and she was the nicest person I ever met.
Agreed. I had not seen her in 5 years when she was taken from us, but Claire was the kindest hearted person I have ever met. She changed my life by helping me find my way back to God. I am eternally grateful for her and hope her family knows that the spirit she shared with us is carried on by all those who were lucky enough to truely know her.
someone from philly

Philadelphia, PA

#12 May 11, 2010
FOR ALL OF YOU FROM THE "BURBS", I AM TRULY SORRY FOR YOUR LOST....BUT HOW IGNORANT CAN YOU BE - EVERYONE THAT IS FROM PHILADELPHIA IS NOT A CRACK ADDICT OR DRUG DEALER...WE TOO HAVE PEOPLE WHO ARE ABOUT SOMETHING....JUST FOR THE RECORD BENNY WAS MAKING A CD WITH CLAIRE..HE WAS IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY WITH HER AND WAS NOT HER BOYFRIEND....THERE ARE ONLY THREE WHO KNOW WHAT REALLY HAPPENED - BENNY, CLAIRE, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, GOD!!!
Moron Slayer

Warrington, PA

#13 May 12, 2010
I get it now-he was an aspiring (c)rapper who was just getting ready to turn his life around. They should fry his sorry azz!
mickeal

Philadelphia, PA

#14 May 12, 2010
people are funny when they dont know what really happen no body know what really happens and that is crazy she was a nice person but neither of them was on crack people just want to be idoits everybody from philly is not like that and how are you going to play the race card and youll suppose to be religion get over your selfs two people lives were lost here no body know exactley what happen so how can any of your judge anybody
Friend of the killer

Petersburg, VA

#15 Aug 1, 2010
Hearing about this is messing my head up. Just seen a episode of the first 48 and saw a man that i know killed and burned a woman that would have had a wonder live and career. I use to be a Benny's house, i met his mother, he met my family. I am so mortified thinking that i could have been that young woman. I don't know the murderer in this man. I knew him as a nice, quiet young man. i'm so sorry to hear that he as done something like this. RIP Claire Clay
Anonymous

Petersburg, VA

#16 Aug 1, 2010
Moron Slayer wrote:
I get it now-he was an aspiring (c)rapper who was just getting ready to turn his life around. They should fry his sorry azz!
He needs help not to be fried SMH
Yaddamean

Hamilton, Canada

#17 Dec 16, 2010
@ Homeboy bigsuprise... yur ignorant as f*@# if you truly believe this happened becuase it was an interracial couple, or even the fact that the male was blk.. jus this summer one of my close friends lost there sister, killed by a white male who claimed to be her boyfriend in toronto durig a similar scenario and yes the victim was blk so think b4 yu make dumb f*@#^n comments u racist bitch! get yur shit together...
Some one in benny Family

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Jan 20, 2011
I thank you for your comment and take it how you want it but forget yall that says Benny and her was on crack neither one of them was on crack half of yall on here voicing yall opinion
that's fine but watch your mouth yall don't know what yall talkin bout and I met her she was a cool down to earth person its messed up what happen and my heart really goes out to her family but don't believe everything you here in the news and yes they was Boyfriend n Girlfriend Thank you very much n my closing statement for yall with negative stuff to say Forget yall can't use profanity so use yall imagination
SWEL

Dallas, TX

#19 Jul 25, 2011
This is sad I just saw this on the show .. I don't care about the boyfriend .. That was real grimy .. I hope he gets the worst ... How can u take someone life like that!! Real talk you will pay for your sin!!
a concerned human

Isernia, Italy

#20 Jun 10, 2012
regardless of race hes a backwards scumbag. disgusting
Buckwalter

Clarkston, MI

#21 Jun 10, 2012
As far as I'm concerned, she deserved it.
srtbh

Springfield, PA

#22 Jun 22, 2012
She was not dating anyone at the time. She was trying to help out a less successful friend with his music career. He killed her of out of jealousy and took her money/cell phone/credit card. She would never let anyone feel left out and was kind to everyone. She would even be kind to the strangers who are saying disgusting lies about her rite now. I always looked up to Claire and I still try to use her life as an example as how to live mine. Maybe you should too.
ROBERT GISCARD

Mount Joy, PA

#23 Jun 22, 2012
Bigsurprise wrote:
White girl from the suburbs,killed,torched,and strangled. Black male, boyfriend,junkie,criminal,lose r,Philly, scum. Sadly, This is happening more and more nationwide. Brainwashed by MTV, and interracial couples? Draw your own conclusion. Spread the word, and protect our women. It's sad R.I.P.
These black animals kill whites all the time. Sadly, it really isn't surprising any more. Any white woman who has such low self-esteem that she wants to spend time with one of these jig animals knows there's a good chance he'll turn on her.
ROBERT GISCARD

Mount Joy, PA

#24 Jun 22, 2012
a concerned human wrote:
regardless of race hes a backwards scumbag. disgusting
Amen to that. Regardless of race he should get a tall tree and short piece of rope.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philadelphia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Society Hill ACME lease EXTENDED 4 hr ACME cheats its s... 8
Tammie Souza 5 hr Mark wirsner 2
Philly Harm Reduction 8 VIII 15 9.0 Treatment S... 9 hr Lexy Lauren 17
News Bill Cosby charm offensive, breaks silence befo... May 25 Gremlin 1
George Norcross meddling in Appeals Court May 25 Hard Death 1
Trump wants wars 4 profits May 25 Vote Democrat 5
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) May 23 4mulaRyder 883

Philadelphia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Philadelphia Mortgages