Who do you support for Governor in Pe...
Snack

Springdale, PA

#21110 Apr 28, 2012
DUI Public Transparency - McKeesport

DUI Attorney McKeesport PA
http://tinyurl.com/JJE15132

http://tinyurl.com/JJEMcKeesportPA

McKeesport Solicitor Listed
http://tinyurl.com/John15132

Public Transparency #1 Priority

Report:
http://tinyurl.com/ComplaintE-Forms

McKeesport solicitor Elash charged with DUI after crash
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
By Moriah Balingit, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12045/1210131-...

The McKeesport solicitor who was badly hurt in a car crash following the mayor's inaugural ball declined comment today after being charged Friday with driving under the influence in connection with the accident.

John Jason Elash, 40, also faces summary offenses of speeding and driving without financial responsibility in connection with the crash, which occurred Jan. 22.

A blood test showed Mr. Elash had a blood alcohol content of .196, more than twice the legal limit, at the time of the crash, according to a criminal complaint.

Roger

Cumberland, MD

#21111 Apr 28, 2012
Obama Busted: Obama Admits He Shares Values With Communist Congressman

U.S. Congressman Danny K. Davis with communist ties sits on the U.S. House Committee on Homeland Security.
Barack Obama a close friend of Danny Davis admits to sharing his values and considers him one of the best Congressman in the country.

&fe ature=player_embedded
Roger

Cumberland, MD

#21112 Apr 28, 2012
53 seconds that should end a presidency

&fe ature=related
Roger

Cumberland, MD

#21113 Apr 28, 2012
Good Grief. Obama Blames Founding Fathers For His Failures

&fe ature=player_embedded
June Cleaver

West Mifflin, PA

#21114 Apr 28, 2012
Ward you were a little ruff on the beaver last night!!!
Obama 2012

Waynesboro, PA

#21115 Apr 28, 2012
ACCESS cardholder wrote:
I sit on my butt while all of you stiffs have to work for me. I'm voting straight democrat to keep it all coming and even get more of the pie.
OBAMA 2012!!!
me to! i sure hope Obama wins because if he loses that means I have to go back to work. i love this food stamps and free health care and a monthly check and i don't have to work for it. if romney wins it all changes for me..no more feebies. VOTE OBAMA !!!!!!!!!!
xfactor

Mckeesport, PA

#21116 Apr 28, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>me to! i sure hope Obama wins because if he loses that means I have to go back to work. i love this food stamps and free health care and a monthly check and i don't have to work for it. if romney wins it all changes for me..no more feebies. VOTE OBAMA !!!!!!!!!!
Great use of taxpayer money! Makes me want to VOMIT!

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/nei...

The $31 million first phase is part of a $160 million plan to turn 734 low-income apartments into a 400-townhouse community with subsidized and market-rent residents.

Do this math 160,000,000 / 400 =$400,000 EACH!!!!!

ARE YOU JOKING!!!!

Now, I understand these will not be '400 thousand' dollar townhomes, but that is what they are costing the TAXPAYER.

The contractors and crooked ass politicians will scoop most of this for themselves.

This is outrageous in this economy, where middle class working families can barely afford 125-250 thousand dollar homes, to spend 400 thousand per low income unit.

Who EVER voted for ANYTHING like this?

Punish and tax hard work and success, reward failure and criminal activity.
case closed

Latrobe, PA

#21117 Apr 28, 2012
Facts are Facts! Only Democratic leaders commit crimes and make poor decisions. The Repub's are wholesome, genuine and only concerned with the good of the common man-never even been charged with a crime or accepted a bribe. PURITY! End of story!
xfactor

Mckeesport, PA

#21118 Apr 28, 2012
case closed wrote:
Facts are Facts! Only Democratic leaders commit crimes and make poor decisions. The Repub's are wholesome, genuine and only concerned with the good of the common man-never even been charged with a crime or accepted a bribe. PURITY! End of story!
Ha ha, that's funny, they are all pretty much bought and paid for. Not always by the same interested locally, but by someone.
Roger

Cumberland, MD

#21119 Apr 28, 2012
Photos, videos and records are sealed from the public for fear of releasing them will put our troops and nation at risk. Yet, Obama can use the killing of Bin Laden for political gain. This ignorant POS will do anything to get re-elected, even risking our soldiers and American life's. The lies and broken promises he made are one thing but this is the lowest of low.

Obama to Open Situation Room to Tout bin Laden Attack

In a first for network television, NBC News has been granted unprecedented access to the most secret and secure part of the White House, the Situation Room. In a “Rock Center with Brian Williams” exclusive airing on Wednesday, May 2 at 9 p.m. Eastern Time, President Barack Obama and his national security and military teams, relive the pivotal moments of the raid targeting Osama bin Laden.

The iconic photograph taken inside the Situation Room offered the world the first glimpse of a national security team at work during the Special Operations mission. Now, we will hear from many of the people in that photograph about what was taking place on that historic night, highlights an NBC press release.

“We want to present the definitive account of what took place leading up to and during the tension-filled hours of the mission targeting Osama bin Laden. The Navy SEALs Special Operations teams executed an ambitious, dangerous mission months in planning. Our viewers will hear details never before revealed and see the nerve center of the White House Situation Room in this special broadcast,” said Steve Capus, president of NBC News.

On “Rock Center with Brian Williams,” Williams interviews Obama in the Situation Room about one of the country’s greatest military missions, which until now, has been shrouded in secrecy.

Williams also interviews Vice President Joe Biden; Secretary of State Hillary Clinton; Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff from 2007 to 2011; Tom Donilon, national security advisor; Denis McDonough, deputy national security dvisor; and John O. Brennan, assistant to the president for homeland security and counterterrorism.

As Obama opens the secretive White House Situation Room as an interview stage to hail the one-year anniversary, the broader goal for the president is not to just to remind voters of an enormous victory on his watch, it is to maximize a political narrative that he has the courage to make tough calls that his opponent might not.

"Does anybody doubt that had the mission failed, it would have written the beginning of the end of the president's first term?" Vice President Joe Biden says in laying out Obama's foreign policy campaign message. "We know what President Obama did. We can't say for certain what Governor Romney would have done."

The strategy underscores the fact that the Obama who ordered the raid as commander in chief is now seeking a second term as president. The risk is the political blow-back that can come if he is seen as crossing a line into politicizing national security.

"Sad," said a Romney spokeswoman. "Shameless," said 2008 Obama election foe John McCain.

By Dave Eberhart
really

Reading, PA

#21120 Apr 28, 2012
I agree with McCain, it is shameless. I guess this is Obama's way of showing some "transparency". Of course it has to be for political gain and it is sad.
really

Reading, PA

#21121 Apr 28, 2012
Wonder if they will give the Bush administration any praise for what they did leading up to the killing of bin laden before Obama took over?
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

#21122 Apr 28, 2012
really wrote:
Wonder if they will give the Bush administration any praise for what they did leading up to the killing of bin laden before Obama took over?
LMAO! Why would anyone do that? Bush gave up the search.

----------

"And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him."
-- GWBush, March 13, 2002

C.I.A. Closes Unit Focused on Capture of bin Laden
Published: July 4, 2006
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/04/washington/...

Inside the Oval Office
Sep 13, 2006 • By FRED BARNES

WE NOW KNOW WHY the Bush administration hasn't made the capture of Osama bin Laden a paramount goal of the war on terror. Emphasis on bin Laden doesn't fit with the administration's strategy for combating terrorism.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/... .

Another change since Tora Bora, with no immediate prospect of finding bin Laden, is that President Bush has stopped proclaiming the goal of taking him "dead or alive" and now avoids previous references to the al Qaeda founder as public enemy number one.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn... ¬Found=true

----------

George Bush gave up. John McCain said he wouldn't go after bin Laden. Mitt Romney said the same thing.

The only reason - ONLY reason - bin Laden was found and killed is because President Barack Obama made it happen. If we had a Republican in the White House, bin Laden would still be alive.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

#21123 Apr 28, 2012
really wrote:
I agree with McCain, it is shameless. I guess this is Obama's way of showing some "transparency". Of course it has to be for political gain and it is sad.
LMAO! If a Republican had done what Obama has done, the right would be lobbying to have his face on Mount Rushmore.

And, given the way the GOP mercilessly flogged 9/11 during the last campaign, there is NO DOUBT that if a Republican had killed him, he would be campaigning the HELL out of it.
LOL

Stroudsburg, PA

#21124 Apr 28, 2012
really wrote:
Are you kidding? O'Bumbles pretends that he actually pulled the trigger. We do know they had to pull him off the golf course ... did you see him in his little brown shirt and tan shorts? Spiffy! The lawn chair they plopped him into didn't help. He looked like a PA whitetail staring into the headlights just before the crash. LOL The guy's a clown. November can't come fast enough for me.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

#21125 Apr 28, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding? O'Bumbles pretends that he actually pulled the trigger. We do know they had to pull him off the golf course ... did you see him in his little brown shirt and tan shorts? Spiffy! The lawn chair they plopped him into didn't help. He looked like a PA whitetail staring into the headlights just before the crash. LOL The guy's a clown. November can't come fast enough for me.
LOL! You wingnuts are too much! If a Republican President had ordered the killing of bin Laden, he'd be on Mount Rushmore by now.

There is not a single account from anybody who was involved in the mission to kill bin Laden that does not describe the incredibly gutsy and courageous call the President made.

----------

‘Manhunt’ details U.S. mission to find Osama bin Laden

When Obama met with his top aides April 28, two days before the raid, both Gates and Vice President Biden reiterated their opposition to the operation as too risky. Bergen writes that they argued that the evidence of bin Laden’s presence was circumstantial, the mission was too dangerous and relations with Pakistan would be destroyed.

----------

"I worked for a lot of these guys. And this is one of the most courageous calls, decisions that I think I've ever seen a president make. For all of the concerns that I've just been talking about. The uncertainty of the intelligence. The consequences of it going bad. The risk to the lives of the Americans involved. It was a very gutsy call."
- Robert Gates, Secretary of Defense

----------

Obama reminding America of his courageous leadership over something HE ACTUALLY ACCOMPLISHED, is NOTHING compared to the way Bush flogged 9/11 during his re-election campaign - which was at best something he had no responsibility for and at worst was a colossal screw-up.

But you're right about one thing - November can't come soon enough. After Obama's landslide re-election, you wingnut WATBs will have to shut the hell up.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

#21126 Apr 28, 2012
Romney would not have killed Bin Laden

This is a legitimate foreign policy issue.

Obama made the strong, courageous call. Romney wouldn't have.

That is a legitimate campaign issue.

The right is only shrieking about it because they know it's TRUE and it hurts their candidate.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

#21127 Apr 28, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the picture:
http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307...

Nobody's wearing shorts.
just saying

Greencastle, PA

#21128 Apr 28, 2012
I guess you have a point Dan. It is something HE ACTUALLY ACCOMPLISHED.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

#21129 Apr 28, 2012
And here's what our cool, calm, and collected President was doing while the SEALS were killing bin Laden...

...He was calmly destroying the presidential aspirations of a comb-over, blowhard, jackass.

LMAO!!

While America laughed at the President's light-hearted humor, nobody knew what he knew.

While everyone as laughing along with the President, he knew that his historical legacy hung in the balance.

"Suppose the Navy Seals had gone in there and it hadn't been bin Laden. Suppose they had been captured or killed. The downside would have been horrible for him."

It's great to have a President who has the spine to make the hard calls to keep America safe.

It's amazing to have a President who can make the hard calls and carry on as if everything's just fine.

After 8 years of a president who couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time, it's fantastic to have a smart, competent, courageous Commander in Chief who just gets the job done with no drama and no histrionics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philadelphia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
perc 30s in philly and new jersey and new york (May '11) Tue Needembad 21
News Jill Stein raises over $5 million for election ... Tue J Kotsch 55
What Republican can Replace Trump-Electors choose Tue American 2
Voter RECOUNTS are good. Electors Discretion al... Mon Electors DumpTrump 1
Philly Harm Reduction V (Apr '16) Mon Phillykidz 182
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) Dec 3 USS LIBERTY 813
News Act Up Philadelphia member arrested in D.C. pro... Dec 3 Panties Hurt In L... 2

Philadelphia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Philadelphia Mortgages