Red Light Cameras Coming To Pittsburgh Intersections

Full story: CBS Local 11
"It raises my comfort level significantly to know that we could test this, we could pilot this in approximately 20 intersections - no more - and then review it and see if it brings the benefit that we believe it will bring and, if not, we can review and dismiss," said Councilman Bruce Kraus, who heads the Public Safety Committee. Full Story

“Obama is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Dec 11, 2013
Ho Hum - Just another reason not to go to the city.

I wonder if they will install these in the Negro neighborhoods? I heard they have copper wire in them?

Thanks Luke, your legacy, red light cameras. Hoooray!
Old Fool Trolls On

Mckeesport, PA

#2 Dec 12, 2013
Many jurisdictions in which these devices have been employed have seen strong opposition for various reasons, including short yellow light timing designed to entrap drivers.

A mailed summons to the owner, not the driver, and which means points cannot be assessed against violators license, and so penalize the offender (particularly repeat offenders) more effectively makes their use more about garnering income for the city, than stopping law-breakers.

And the boy-mayor doesn't pass legislation, council does. And Peduto supports the legislation as well.

And you're still the little troll, employing bigotry as you bait.

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Dec 12, 2013
Old Fool Trolls On wrote:
Many jurisdictions in which these devices have been employed have seen strong opposition for various reasons, including short yellow light timing designed to entrap drivers.
A mailed summons to the owner, not the driver, and which means points cannot be assessed against violators license, and so penalize the offender (particularly repeat offenders) more effectively makes their use more about garnering income for the city, than stopping law-breakers.
And the boy-mayor doesn't pass legislation, council does. And Peduto supports the legislation as well.
And you're still the little troll, employing bigotry as you bait.
I'm still betting that they do not end up in the Negro neighborhoods! These cameras take photos in color and that will be racist.

Let's wait and see. As you have never lived the life you wouldn't see unbiased truth if it was shoved in your face. They will not put these cameras in the Negro neighborhoods, they will be used to rape the suburbanites!

Remember they are built of copper wire!
nominated_1

Waynesburg, PA

#4 Dec 12, 2013
Mobile and even foot patrols can never stand up in court like a camera. Pics don't lie...Mayor
Old Foll Trolls On

Mckeesport, PA

#5 Dec 12, 2013
Old Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still betting that they do not end up in the Negro neighborhoods! These cameras take photos in color and that will be racist.
Let's wait and see. As you have never lived the life you wouldn't see unbiased truth if it was shoved in your face. They will not put these cameras in the Negro neighborhoods, they will be used to rape the suburbanites!
Remember they are built of copper wire!
The cameras will be placed were they will maximize revenue for the private company winning the contract. Period. Public safety is a secondary consideration at best.

And you're still a troll boy!
nominated_1

Waynesburg, PA

#6 Dec 13, 2013
Old Cynic wrote:
I wonder if they will install these in the Negro neighborhoods? I heard they have copper wire in them?
Yea. its not vegas. But get used to cams at lights. And there are already cams all over for good reason. For the housewife who cant get dinner on time to the street thug who wants to rob while looking for a job. Yea the cameras come into play. Yea I don't put my life on the line for a signal light. But just think about dinner alone. One is in prison. The other is in the grave.
nominated_1

Waynesburg, PA

#7 Dec 13, 2013
Old Cynic wrote:
Racist. Yea steer clear of the city. very good advice. I say take it. bad luck

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Dec 13, 2013
nominated_1 wrote:
<quoted text>Racist. Yea steer clear of the city. very good advice. I say take it. bad luck
I wear the badge proudly! But it's still the truth.

How many of these cameras will be in the Negro neighborhoods. How many PAT busses will be cited? How do they get those bicyclists, who don't obey any laws?

Remember they have a lot of copper wire in them.

Once again, thanks Luke, a really neat way to screw with the city, good job. If you can get a fax machine or a copy machine in there Zappalla will treat as felonies.
Old Foll Trolls On

Mckeesport, PA

#9 Dec 13, 2013
Old Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
I wear the badge proudly! But it's still the truth.
Absolutely no mistake about that, troll-boy! But only as bait to seek engagement of a fragile and battered psyche... so very, very sad.

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Dec 14, 2013
Old Foll Trolls On wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely no mistake about that, troll-boy! But only as bait to seek engagement of a fragile and battered psyche... so very, very sad.
Ho Hum, same old progressive liberal BS, Hiding behind the Ole Racism tag, again, Ho Hum.

Don't change the fact that I'm still betting that the Negroes do not get the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful "red light cameras. I'm calling racist now! Perduto does not want Negroes to be safe!
Old Fool da Troll

Mckeesport, PA

#11 Dec 14, 2013
And it also doesn't change the fact you're an obnoxious lil' troll-boy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philadelphia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pa. mom, 42, charged with having sex in her car... 17 hr 2 street 2
What parents need to know about Monsanto: "By 2... 22 hr VACCINES CAUSE AU... 1
Im in love with my father!!! (Jan '12) Tue lol at queers 22
swinger clubs (Apr '09) Tue misfit 4
A Hanukkah custom that started in Philadelphia Dec 21 Democracy 14
Trio to fight gay assault case at hearing Dec 20 Ho J Simpson 3
Manhunt Underway for Suspect in Pennsylvania Sh... Dec 20 Ho J Simpson 7

Philadelphia News Video

Philadelphia Dating
Find my Match