Nurse Who Took Royal Prank Call Dead ...

Nurse Who Took Royal Prank Call Dead In Suspected Suicide

There are 196 comments on the MyFoxPhilly story from Dec 7, 2012, titled Nurse Who Took Royal Prank Call Dead In Suspected Suicide. In it, MyFoxPhilly reports that:

The London nurse who took a prank call this week from radio station disc jockeys pretending to be members of the royal family has been found dead days later, according to news reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MyFoxPhilly.

TRUTH HURTS

London, UK

#28 Dec 8, 2012
I find it odd that the hospital is going on about this joke by classically vulgar Australians as being all that caused her death.

It was the hospital staff who ignored the distress the woman was feeling immediately after the incident.
I suspect gave her loads of sh1t for it, laying the blame at her doorstep.

Not to mention glossing over the fact that they breached data protection. The hospital must be run by incompetents.
The Truth

Peakhurst, Australia

#29 Dec 8, 2012
TRUTH HURTS wrote:
I find it odd that the hospital is going on about this joke by classically vulgar Australians as being all that caused her death.
It was the hospital staff who ignored the distress the woman was feeling immediately after the incident.
Not to mention glossing over the fact that they breached data protection. The hospital must be run by incompetents.
Doubt it "caused her death" she probably had a shopping list of problems and if you POMs were any more stupid #10 would recieve 60 calls a day from 'the Queen' wouldn't they?
John

Teneriffe, Australia

#30 Dec 8, 2012
Ah cry for me you whining pommy poofters.
Boo hoo.
So some radio station jerk had some fun with a mild prank call.
Go ahead and KILL YOURSELVES.
You pretentious pompous effeminate creeps are a joke to us at the best of times.
There, I've said something hurtful.
All of you immediately KILL YOURSELVES.
Sheesh.
Grow some BALLS will you.
Amanda

UK

#31 Dec 8, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>

And people wonder why Australians traditionally look down on foreigners.
shouldn't that be the other way around?
Amanda

UK

#32 Dec 8, 2012
TRUTH HURTS wrote:
The people who made this call blatantly disregarded the vulnerable position of those taking the call and how they might react given the status of the patient, the prestige of the hospital (it's one where the Royals have been treated for decades and is known for discretion), and the fact that any illness is not a laughing matter.

This woman was clearly particularly vulnerable and must have been a highly conscientious worker to be so affected by such a public mistake. Her personality and cultural background will contribute to her extreme reaction. She was it appears living in hospital accommodation alone in London while her family lived in Bristol. She was therefore isolated from people who could support her, had more time to dwell on what happened. But she had been working at the hospital for four years without ending her life.

If you think it's a breach of data protection, then hospitals do this every day when relatives phone to find out about loved ones. If your child goes missing and you phone around hospitals do you think they should tell you "sorry we can't reveal if your child has been admitted as this breaches data protection"? There's a limit to what can be revealed but saying someone is comfortable isn't breaching it.

To say that the two incidents aren't connected is contradicted by the fact that the callers are now allegedly having counselling following the tragedy.
rio

Bromley, UK

#33 Dec 8, 2012
John wrote:
Boo hoo.
You pretentious pompous effeminate creeps are a joke to us at the best of times.
Sheesh.
Well, you are a joke to us here mate, displaying your uncouth mentality and your lack of manners.
I'm so glad we aren't all like you...
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

#34 Dec 8, 2012
John wrote:
Boo hoo.
Sheesh.
Your correct, who gives a sh+t if some, obviously unstable, women offs herself, because of a phone call. Lets all boo hoo, sob, sob, there enough said. I for one could care less.
Amanda

UK

#35 Dec 8, 2012
John wrote:
Boo hoo.
Sheesh.
If all Aussies think like you then why have the advertising sponsors of the radio station withdrawn their contracts? Why according to a sky news report, are the callers "in a fragile state in a secret location where they are receiving intense psychological therapy".

You're in the minority mate. The whole World is shocked by this.
John

Teneriffe, Australia

#37 Dec 9, 2012
Amanda wrote:
<quoted text>
shouldn't that be the other way around?
You wish.

"Alone of all the races on earth, they seem to be free from the 'Grass is Greener on the other side of the fence' syndrome, and roundly proclaim that Australia is, in fact, the other side of that fence. They call the land "Oz", "Godzone" (a verbal contraction of "God's Own Country") and "Best bloody place on earth, bar none, strewth." The irritating thing about this is they may be right."
Douglas Adams

We know how good the country we built is.
We know how pathetic most foreigners are.
We get an endless parade of the whining losers.

Anybody who kills themselves over a phone call is an imbecile.
John

Teneriffe, Australia

#38 Dec 9, 2012
Amanda wrote:
<quoted text>
If all Aussies think like you then why have the advertising sponsors of the radio station withdrawn their contracts? Why according to a sky news report, are the callers "in a fragile state in a secret location where they are receiving intense psychological therapy".
You're in the minority mate. The whole World is shocked by this.
Because the disease of whining communist effeminacy has made headway among certain portions of the establishment in Australia.
Luckily for Australia, traditional Australians are the vast majority and we take little notice of the worthless government or the greedy corporations.
"The whole World is shocked by this" you say.
Are you f**king kidding me?
Shocked by a lame prank phone call.
Anybody piss weak enough to kill themselves over a phone call is doomed in this world.
It's natural selection.
rolfH

Norwich, UK

#39 Dec 9, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the disease of whining communist effeminacy has made headway among certain portions of the establishment in Australia.
Luckily for Australia, traditional Australians are the vast majority and we take little notice of the worthless government or the greedy corporations.
Anybody piss weak enough to kill themselves over a phone call is doomed in this world.
It's natural selection.
admit it John you are an homo sexual florist from Brisbane,so stop putting on the macho digger act,you limp wristed poof!
killa

London, UK

#43 Dec 9, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
You wish.
"Alone of all the races on earth, they seem to be free from the 'Grass is Greener on the other side of the fence' syndrome, and roundly proclaim that Australia is, in fact, the other side of that fence. They call the land "Oz", "Godzone" (a verbal contraction of "God's Own Country") and "Best bloody place on earth, bar none, strewth." The irritating thing about this is they may be right."
Douglas Adams
Of course John. That's why so many Aussies come to live over here. And jump with joy that they are now allowed back in to pull my pints, and do other jobs suited to the less refined. Face it, nobody notices Australia exists. If it weren't for bartenders and the laughs your clumsy welsh slag of a Prime Minister gives us you'd be long forgotten.
Amanda

UK

#44 Dec 9, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
You wish.
Douglas Adams
Nice scenery, shame about the dearth of culture.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#45 Dec 9, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
It's natural selection.
You're saying 'traditional australians' are too dumb to take notice of their government?

That's probably why they got arrested and sent to oz in the first place, huh?
overwhat

Pottstown, PA

#47 Dec 9, 2012
killa wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course John. That's why so many Aussies come to live over here. And jump with joy that they are now allowed back in to pull my pints, and do other jobs suited to the less refined. Face it, nobody notices Australia exists. If it weren't for bartenders and the laughs your clumsy welsh slag of a Prime Minister gives us you'd be long forgotten.
Called the land DOWN UNDER with places like the OUTback surrounded by sharks for reason. Nothing but the decendants of prisoner trash. Looks like junior never evolved or even grew up.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#48 Dec 9, 2012
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
You're saying 'traditional australians' are too dumb to take notice of their government?
That's probably why they got arrested and sent to oz in the first place, huh?
No. It isn't. The courts were not so lenient in the days of transportation, and poverty was rife. Petty criminals were transported to Australia for simple crimes, such as stealing a loaf of bread. Hardened criminals got the death penalty.
overwhat

Pottstown, PA

#49 Dec 9, 2012
John wrote:
Boo hoo.
Sheesh.
It wasn't a mild prank call. It was an ignorant intrusion into complete strangers lives and violation if not the crime of violating patient confidentialty/privacy.
Amanda

UK

#50 Dec 9, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It isn't. The courts were not so lenient in the days of transportation, and poverty was rife. Petty criminals were transported to Australia for simple crimes, such as stealing a loaf of bread. Hardened criminals got the death penalty.
It was for both. In those days stealing not much more than a loaf would mean the noose. Australia was an alternative to hanging for both petty and serious crimes.
John

Teneriffe, Australia

#51 Dec 9, 2012
killa wrote:
<quoted text>
"One is sure to be struck by the liberal way in which Australasia spends money upon public works--such as legislative buildings, town halls, hospitals, asylums, parks, and botanical gardens. I should say that where minor towns in America spend a hundred dollars on the town hall and on public parks and gardens, the like towns in Australasia spend a thousand. And I think that this ratio will hold good in the matter of hospitals, also. I have seen a costly and well-equipped, and architecturally handsome hospital in an Australian village of fifteen hundred inhabitants. It was built by private funds furnished by the villagers and the neighboring planters, and its running expenses were drawn from the same sources. I suppose it would be hard to match this in any country. This village was about to close a contract for lighting its streets with the electric light, when I was there. That is ahead of
London. London is still obscured by gas--gas pretty widely scattered, too, in some of the districts; so widely indeed, that except on moonlight nights it is difficult to find the gas lamps."

"The result is the great and wealthy and enlightened commonwealth of New South Wales. It is a country that is rich in mines, wool ranches, trams, railways, steamship lines, schools, newspapers, botanical gardens, art galleries, libraries, museums, hospitals, learned societies; it is the hospitable home of every species of culture and of every species of material enterprise, and there is a, church at every man's door, and a race-track over the way."

Mark Twain 1897

That was 115 years ago.
These is no Australian alive who can remember a time before Britain was an inferior shithole populated by neurotics.

You think the backpackers funding their tour through hard work (an alien concept to the modern Briton) want to stay in poofterland? Britain is a historical curiosity to us, nothing more.

Try not to kill yourself.
John

Teneriffe, Australia

#52 Dec 9, 2012
overwhat wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a mild prank call. It was an ignorant intrusion into complete strangers lives and violation if not the crime of violating patient confidentialty/privacy.
Alright moron, here is the entire conversation with the nurse who killed herself.

Ring, ring

Ring, click

Hello, good morning, this is the King Edward V11 Hospital.

Oh hello there, could I please speak to Kate please my granddaughter?

Yes, just hold on a moment please.

Thank you.

There, now go and kill yourselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philadelphia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) 10 hr Kevin Stocker 916
Tammie Souza 13 hr Scores Man 5
Kenzie 2.0 smack down Tue Breathe your cars... 5
Society Hill ACME lease EXTENDED Aug 14 NEW store DIRECTOR 13
News Hanover-area man charged in child sex sting (Aug '12) Aug 13 Gettysburg shucks... 7
It's back, White Male Privilege Aug 13 Dumb Chunkies 2
News Mom: Sweet 16 Party Ruined by RacistsA celebrat... Aug 12 Bs card 1

Philadelphia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Philadelphia Mortgages