Philadelphia's Tax Burden Is 2nd High...

Philadelphia's Tax Burden Is 2nd Highest Among Major American Cities

There are 2 comments on the CBS Local story from Feb 19, 2014, titled Philadelphia's Tax Burden Is 2nd Highest Among Major American Cities. In it, CBS Local reports that:

Another dubious distinction for Philadelphia: a new report out of DC puts our city #2 among the major cities with the highest tax rates.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Local.

NoWayFastEddie

Pottstown, PA

#1 Feb 19, 2014
And what do non center city and water front residents get out of all these taxes-not much.

I've worked in and/or traveled through areas like west Phila and they have remained virtually unchanged in DECADES. And yet since the 1990s in the fast eddie Rendell era Center City and Water Front have been "revitalized" and Comcast has been given not one but two new buildings. So businesses are built up in many cases for suburbanites to own, come and/or work in these businesses. There are tax breaks that don't expire until 2021.

The non resident business owner might benefit from all of these "taxes" but the long time resident and residential neighbor get very little out of all these taxes.
John bolaris

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Mar 3, 2014
Don't forget two free stadiums too

At least we gave great schools

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philadelphia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philly Harm Reduction 6.5 28 min Pl diz biz 6,632
need a loan 5 hr Taylor made 2
News CAIR To Bring Its Message Of Illiberal Islamism... Tue Gayber Hood 4
Philadelphia should lose sanctuary city status. Tue Gayber Hood 2
Philly Harm Reduction V (Apr '16) Apr 25 Alex 251
Marshon Lattimore & Verizon Wireless celebrate ... Apr 24 Verizon Wireless 1
Society Hill ACME lease EXTENDED Apr 24 HONEST Acme clerk 5

Philadelphia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance