From plane to head of college

From plane to head of college

There are 14 comments on the The Morning Call story from Nov 16, 2007, titled From plane to head of college. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Blenda J. Wilson was off the plane in a flash Wednesday night for her first visit to Cedar Crest College as its acting president.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

ccc grad

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Nov 16, 2007
a subordinate please without names elaborate the comments on the last article were deleted wonder who controlled that --- it was hinted it was another prof and they are gone als
Anonymous

United States

#3 Nov 16, 2007
I have heard many rumors on all of this and her having relations with another person involved in the Cedar Crest community, as well as being flirtatious with 6 others. Also that she was spending budget money on personal vacations. This all seems very fishy to me and all of the rumors are not even told by a legitimate source. The college in which is attend is amazing but so politcal and full of secrets and conflicts. So was this really an act caused by Sherman, or another event added to the list is kept behind Cedar Crests closed doors?
A concerned Student

United States

#4 Nov 16, 2007
I have heard many rumors about the "resigning" of President Sherman. I heard that she was actually fired, and for the same reasons as already listed in these comments and more. Did she really do that much damage in four months, or is this another event that occurred that will be added to the list of shady happening behind Cedar Crests closed doors? There are already many political and unbelieveable cases that have taken place at this school, it wouldn't suprise me if someone here had it out for her. This is because it has happened to others here.
Joan of Bethlehem

United States

#6 Nov 16, 2007
The comments above remind me of what Caliban said to Miranda in "The Tempest." He said, "You taught me language, and my profit on't is, I know how to curse."
As a Cedar Crest graduate, I am hardly happy with what has happened, and would like a better explanation. On the other hand, I hardly think the departed president is capable of all the evils of which she is accused by the writers above. She wasn't on campus long enough.
I hope the above writers, who seem to lack compassion both for the departed president and for the institution, are not students at the college. It deserves better than a student body made up of paparazzi minds.
Cedar Crest Senior

United States

#7 Nov 16, 2007
Jill Sherman is marrying Jim Marstellar, former head of Safety and Maintenance at CCC. He resigned, even though their relationship was not forbidden by Cedar Crest standards. She was NOT flirting with students, or professors, or anything else of the sort - if she was, those involved are AWFULLY quiet about it. What we know is that, for whatever reason, the Board of Trustees felt she was inadequate for the position of President. The larger question is, are the members of the Board of Trustees adequate for their positions?
Mary

Kingston, PA

#8 Nov 19, 2007
As I know it, this is the second time that Jill has "resigned" from a job under sleazy circumstances. Check out Lehigh.
Cookie Monster

Reading, PA

#9 Nov 23, 2007
I know the parties involved, and can guarantee you that Elaine D. or Michael T. were somehow involved in her resignation.

It is good to hear that Jim Marstellar has found love. He told me a year ago that he was lonely and ready to find a companion. He would never, EVER do anything that would be interpreted as shady or breaking the rules.

Since: Nov 07

Berks County

#10 Nov 23, 2007
Cedar Crest Senior wrote:
Jill Sherman is marrying Jim Marstellar, former head of Safety and Maintenance at CCC....
I guess he was really a "handy man"
AllKnowingOne

Easton, PA

#11 Nov 26, 2007
Come on people. You don't need a college education to figure this one out. The college prez and the head of security and maintenance resign simultaneously (the same time) and the board of directors is sweeping this scandal under the rug, or should I say, bed. Apparently, there are no good investigative reporters in the Lehigh Valley.

Since: Nov 07

Berks County

#12 Nov 26, 2007
Colleges have a way of making uncomfortable stories disappear, like lehigh did when the PK robbed the local bank. National news one day, nichts the next...
12345abc

Reading, PA

#13 Nov 27, 2007
Does anyone know why Dr. Pulham was not appointed acting president again? She was when Dr. Blaney died, it seems like she would have been the logical person to take over again.
Former Student

Hackettstown, NJ

#14 Nov 27, 2007
"There are already many political and unbelieveable cases that have taken place at this school, it wouldn't suprise me if someone here had it out for her. This is because it has happened to others here."

That is true. As a former student of this school -- I agree with that statement.

If you only knew the things that have been done to people. Horrible things. You would be able to write a Hollywood movie. Scary stuff.
Recent Student

AOL

#15 Dec 7, 2007
This so called, institution of higher learing is nothing but a "House Of Horrors".
No wonder the endowment is so meek. Who wants to give money to the Adams Family.
I know from personal experience.
COUNTDOWN TO CLOSING

AOL

#16 Mar 29, 2008
For me to write the facts about this once wonderful college would take-up over 5Gig.
Least to say, THEY SHOULD TURN THIS SO CALLED COLLEGE INTO A DAY CARE CENTER FOR THE LESS ADVANTAGED, AND PUT THE TRUSTEES AT THE HEAD OF THE CLASS, ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE NO GOOD ADMINISTRATORS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philadelphia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jill Stein raises over $5 million for election ... 25 min Kellyanne Conway 39
News Act Up Philadelphia member arrested in D.C. pro... 5 hr Panties Hurt In L... 2
Dear Black Grandmothers, 22 hr snarky anarchy 4
News Duncan Lloyd, 'F--- Trump' graffiti suspect, wo... Fri Joshua 1
Philadelphia City Attorney Busted Video Taped. Fri Joshua 1
Trump Strategist, Bannon, suggested Restrict th... Thu Bobbie 2
foreign diplomats flock to Trump Hotel DC Thu ElectorsDumpTrump 1

Philadelphia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Philadelphia Mortgages