The Investigators: Harry Hairston

The Investigators: Harry Hairston

There are 1 comment on the NBC 10 Philadelphia story from Apr 14, 2008, titled The Investigators: Harry Hairston. In it, NBC 10 Philadelphia reports that:

Over his 26 years of experience as an investigative reporter Harry Hairston has established himself as a crime fighter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 10 Philadelphia.

Mary Jane Orth

AOL

#1 May 1, 2008
Dear Bishop Burkat, and Bishop Mark Hanson and Harry Hairston (Channel 10 news)
This is Mary Jane Orth I wrote to you several weeks ago and still have not heard from anyone.In the mean time our school is going to close and it seems like no one cares. What is the point of the ELCA if they are not there to help . They have plenty of time for other things I see it on the web site plenty of money to send to Africa to build new schools. What about helping those in need in your own country. That's all our Pastor worry's about too is Africa and saving trinity Lutheran church on holme ave in phila., If he used all that energy that he put in to saving trinity on Redeemer maybe are school would not be closing. But I think he has some greater plan for our school. He did not lead his flock. St Johns Lutheran in Phila., offered him money and he turned it down something is going on here that is not right!!!! You need to meet with the parents and teachers not with pastor, he will brush it all under the carpet. I have not given my son any chapel offerings because it goes to Africa I feel charity needs to start at home.We are in trouble now so stop sending it over there. I don't think you or anyone else cares about us if you would come and talk to us maybe we would feel better. You have not had the privilege of meeting our teachers my 21 year old and 16 year old both went to Redeemer from K to 8th grade both children have told me high school is so much easier than Redeemer. My 21 year old said her collage English class was so much easier than Mrs. Kruvczuk English. My 21 year old Nicole is now in the police academy getting 100's in her classes she will make an excellent police officer because of the knowledge and values she acquired from this school.My 16 year old Victoria is in to all kinds of sports and has learned so much from Mr. Ed Hoffman the coach, gym teacher, art, music,and religion teacher. He devotes endless hours to that school and has helped my daughter in many ways. My son is 8 years old in 3rd grade and when he left K and 1st grade was an excellent reader, thanks to Mrs. Domer and Mrs. Buttenbusch. In 2nd grade Mrs Dorshenko continued to reinforce these skills another excellent teacher. His third grade teacher Mrs. Leppo who Matt really enjoys wants to have her next year too.She will take some of the children several days a week and tutor them in the title one program Matthew loves it what child likes staying after school for 2 hours? that could only be students of Redeemer Lutheran school.Mrs Leppo like many other teacher can be seen arriving at school several hours before it starts and they stay several hours after school is over, these are the best teachers in the world you will never find a bunch like this any where I can not believe you and the ELCA would let them slip away. My poor Matthew will never experience this if someone does not help us. I know several parents have written to you and you did not care to take the time to acknowledge us. Many teachers and parents will not be returning to the church at the end of the year because of what pastor has done you really need to do some investigating to see what is happening. I will be contacting T.V. and newspapers. I am sure the ELCA will respond when pastor needs to talk to the synod about is new church he is forming Saints United what a joke there is nothing united around here. Thank You ,
Mary Jane Orth

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philadelphia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philly Harm Reduction 6.5 15 min stampcollector215... 403
ACME Markets to dump Society Hill store afterall! 5 hr Mayor SLEAZYJimmy... 7
Chi Lites Record Company Child Trust Fund Theft Tue Chi Lites Story 1
Best Casual Encounters Sites Tue Richard 1
University of Pennsylvania EVICTS The Fresh Gro... Tue Danielle D Elia 1
Pay to Play in Florida Tue Make a Deal 1
News Did Jehovah's Witness elders fail to report sex... Tue FH Chandler 93

Philadelphia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance