Exclusive: Cabbie recounts ordeal

Exclusive: Cabbie recounts ordeal

There are 6 comments on the Philly.com story from Mar 1, 2013, titled Exclusive: Cabbie recounts ordeal. In it, Philly.com reports that:

But since Valentine's Day, when the 53-year-old cabbie was savagely attacked and robbed by two men in Southwest Philadelphia, he's been in the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania with more than 100 staples holding closed a U-shaped gash on the right side of his head.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Philly.com.

dan clark

Baltimore, MD

#1 Mar 1, 2013
During a temporary job as a cab driver, my father was ambushed and beaten. Luckily it was 3 fractured ribs. Of not for a resident nearby,the injuries would be much more. That was in 1975. It was just as risky a job as if you let a hitch hiker in your car. These vultures lure somone doing their best to earn a paycheck for robbery/and or killing.
Jabez Wilson

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Mar 3, 2013
dan clark wrote:
During a temporary job as a cab driver, my father was ambushed and beaten. Luckily it was 3 fractured ribs. Of not for a resident nearby,the injuries would be much more. That was in 1975. It was just as risky a job as if you let a hitch hiker in your car. These vultures lure somone doing their best to earn a paycheck for robbery/and or killing.
Your father was white trash just like you are. Some things never change.
dan clark

Baltimore, MD

#3 Mar 4, 2013
Jabez Wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your father was white trash just like you are. Some things never change.
Again you fail miserably to address the subject of a forum. All the same rethoric like a stuck recording. I told of my family background. That was a part time job along with the full time job. What you mistake-as usual- us he liked to help those in need. Enough seniors that no longer able to drive so he took that job to help those in our community. Unlike you who does nothing but complain and do nothing to improve the town. You're just a disgusting piece of excrement.And have the color of it LOL!!!
dan clark

Baltimore, MD

#4 Mar 4, 2013
Upper Darby has been in the 'Dark Ages"since a certain people creeped into this family oriented town which WAS a good place to raise a family. Look what happened to CHESTER-YEADON-S.W.Philly-Camd en.Every one of those locations HAD people that had respect for life,liberty,law,neighbors regardless of backgrounds. Anyone reading these forums can see who is degrading. Not part of the Solution.
Jabez Wilson

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Mar 4, 2013
dan clark wrote:
Upper Darby has been in the 'Dark Ages"since a certain people creeped into this family oriented town which WAS a good place to raise a family. Look what happened to CHESTER-YEADON-S.W.Philly-Camd en.Every one of those locations HAD people that had respect for life,liberty,law,neighbors regardless of backgrounds. Anyone reading these forums can see who is degrading. Not part of the Solution.
I could care less about those wastelands. You are the one stuck in a ghetto!
dan clark

Baltimore, MD

#6 Mar 5, 2013
Jabez Wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
I could care less about those wastelands. You are the one stuck in a ghetto!
See what you wrote? Are you even aware of it? It is you stuck on insults. IF you could'nt care less (not could care less to be correct) than you would not be commenting. PERIOD. I also told you I'm not stuck here. Another part of postings YOU'RE stuck on. Still waiting for you to show something a bit more. I.Q. on any post you make. Untill then it's all B.S. Here's your opportunity to prove yourself. Dazzle us with at least something that simulates an informed position. Or is that too taxing on whatever grey matter you have? I sincerely doubt you can muster enough to form an improved thought to post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philadelphia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) 3 hr Cait 635
Black women don't like "Lame" Dark Skinned Blac... 9 hr Tommy Sotomayor 1
We Dare Any Of You To Read This! Sun Maria Cortez 1
News Acquitted former Philadelphia officers will not... May 30 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News LGBTs have moved into the mainstream May 29 Gremlin 8
Berkheimer Tax Associates, WTF? (Sep '13) May 29 kydaba 6
Shirleen Allicot leaving Philly. Was she...? May 29 FLFL 12
More from around the web

Philadelphia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]