Whatever Happened To: Captain Noah

Whatever Happened To: Captain Noah

There are 55 comments on the NBC 10 Philadelphia story from Jun 13, 2008, titled Whatever Happened To: Captain Noah. In it, NBC 10 Philadelphia reports that:

For 27 years, Captain Noah and his Magical Ark captivated the hearts and minds of children and adults.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 10 Philadelphia.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Cool Guy 1980

Philadelphia, PA

#41 Sep 12, 2008
My brother who is 15 years older than myself and I were riding in Gladwyne back in May.My brother was driving and saidOMG! I said what? he said it Capt Noah in front of us.I said How do you know and he said he reconized his plate.Any way we get to Mill Creek Rd,he gets in the left lane and we get in the right and we're sitting at the light. My bro is looking back in his mirror and Capt Noah's car pulls up and he puts his window down.Its him & Mrs Noah and he said You know us don't you?, My bro said Capt Noah and he said yes.Anyway my bro goes on to tell him how he remembers him and so on.He then said take care and thank and we went our way.It was fun to see him in person.

Since: Aug 08

Wilmington, DE

#42 Sep 12, 2008
Anybody remember a show that was on kyw named Lorenzo?
michelle

Manasquan, NJ

#43 Oct 20, 2008
Does anyone know if you can buy the seasons of Captain Noah. My dad was on an episode and I would love to see it again. We were so excited...got to stay home from school to watch dad and a few of his wrestlers.

“Wake Up!”

Since: May 08

Far NE Philly

#44 Oct 20, 2008
i heard his old lady use to blow him under the table when she did the puppet.
iremember

Brooklyn, NY

#45 Oct 20, 2008
Whitebread wrote:
Anybody remember a show that was on kyw named Lorenzo?
Yes. I remember Lorenzo. He was a bum who didn't talk, had a lollipop and did the Lorenzo stomp (which I forget the music to)! Wonder what happened to him!!
john s

Trenton, NJ

#46 Sep 20, 2009
iv seen all the kids show host when they did carnival apperance in south jersey back in the late sixty and sally starr came to my house
now that dont come out or the fees are two high
Way back when

New York, NY

#47 Sep 20, 2009
I was about 7 or 8 yrs. old...and Captain Noah picked my name...and I won a box of stuff. A Spiderman action figure...coloring books...an Etch-A-Sketch..and other things. Yes...looking back now...he was pretty cheesy compared to today's children shows...but I think it was a great show for children back then.

Whatever happened to Wee Willy Weber on Ch. 17?
J Man

Medford, NJ

#48 Sep 21, 2009
Captain Noah's ship sank back in the 70's.
Teeker

Philadelphia, PA

#49 Oct 22, 2010
There was an estate sale at Captain Noah's vacated house last week. I got a bunch of memorabilia. I also got a 1970 car racing helmet signed by Bobby Unser. It also had "Capt Noah" painted on the sides. It was worn. Does anybody have any information about this? Was Bobby Unser on the show or was the Capt part of some event with him??
FondMemories

Kingston, PA

#50 Mar 27, 2011
Where is the captain and wife today. Was there an illness? Are they alive and well?
William Proctor Sr

AOL

#51 Jun 22, 2012
What was Capt Noha,s real name?I know it was rev merbrior but that's all
quiz

Newark, NJ

#52 Jul 2, 2012
What happened to the "American Commerce Center?"
JPS

Darby, PA

#53 Sep 16, 2012
Capt. Noah piloted The Great Ark in the year 4023 B.C.E.

It was said that his vessel carried mating pairs of all the animals, however, fish were not included.

This explains the vast evolutionary diversity of the Class Pisces withing the Phylum Chordata.

Capt. Noah was last seen in 1965, piloting the S.S. Minnow. Under the pseudonym "Skipper," his crew included a simpleton known as Gilligan, as well as Ginger & Marianne.

After all, just as in the days of The Ark, Capt. Noah promoted continuation of our species.
SENIOR CHIEF BOB KILMER

Ambler, PA

#54 Jun 20, 2013
While on Navy Recruiting Duty from 1968 to 1973, I had the opportunity to appear on Captain Noah 1 -3 times a week. I, and another Chief, would bring guests onto the program. They would show their particular crafts/job skills. Had a lot of fun with Larry Ferrari, Miss Elaine, Captain and Mrs. Noah (Carter and Pat Merbrier). I read of Pat's passing a couple years ago. I'll miss her smile. Would like to contact Miss Elaine, if possible. She helped us a lot.
Gordon Borlorg

Chalfont, PA

#56 Jun 21, 2013
SENIOR CHIEF BOB KILMER wrote:
While on Navy Recruiting Duty from 1968 to 1973, I had the opportunity to appear on Captain Noah 1 -3 times a week. I, and another Chief, would bring guests onto the program. They would show their particular crafts/job skills. Had a lot of fun with Larry Ferrari, Miss Elaine, Captain and Mrs. Noah (Carter and Pat Merbrier). I read of Pat's passing a couple years ago. I'll miss her smile. Would like to contact Miss Elaine, if possible. She helped us a lot.
Please, give me a break. You're full of horsepoop, the Navy never let active duty members appear at gay rights events.

Nice try, loser.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philadelphia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama BRIBES Senator Sanders to drop out of Rac... 3 hr voteJillSteinPres... 5
Someone wanna cuddle? 3 hr Merc 1
News Torn families of Cambodian refugees deported fr... 10 hr HOLLA ISABELLA 2
Looking for Michael 14 hr IN Town Hunter 2
Review: I LOVE KICKBOXING PHILADELPHIA Sat Jess_suss 1
Jill Stein needs to be on Pennsylvania's Ballot... Fri vote4JillStein2016 2
Pop tax silly sin tax on a drink Fri Al Bion 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Philadelphia Mortgages