Empty sacred spaces become white elep...

Empty sacred spaces become white elephants

There are 75 comments on the www.virtueonline.org story from Aug 19, 2012, titled Empty sacred spaces become white elephants. In it, www.virtueonline.org reports that:

Hunger, health care, and urban violence are the usual subjects of concern when the Religious Leaders Council of Greater Philadelphia gathers for its semiannual meetings.

But at the spring 2011 session, a new topic was cast into the mix: real estate ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.virtueonline.org.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Mutilated Genitals

Ardsley, NY

#62 Sep 5, 2012
T McCabe wrote:
<quoted text>
"Saving faith" means nothing compared to the actions of a loving heart according to Christ Jesus Himself.
I keep forgetting that you don't hear or read the Gospels.
Jesus told me to slice apart my manhood.

He's a friggin' liar.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#63 Sep 5, 2012
T McCabe wrote:
<quoted text>
"Saving faith" means nothing compared to the actions of a loving heart according to Christ Jesus Himself ...
I don't recall Christ's amazement over a loving heart the way He was marveled by the faith of a Roman Centurian (Matt. 8:10).
Sid Mark

Ardsley, NY

#64 Sep 5, 2012
Sinatra thought that Christ was a jackwagon, I think so too.
Think Again

Coats, NC

#65 Sep 5, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!.....
You go around all day repeating that to yourself!
One of these days, you might find your Self actually giving an answer.
Nope, I know what God said. It is you looking for a way around it to condone your sin dujuor.
Think Again

Coats, NC

#66 Sep 5, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
I do.
I know Scripture.
I know our tradition.
God gave me a brain for reason.
You don't think you need a brain or a heart..........
This is laughable. You know less scripture than a 5th grade Sunday School class.

You know your tradition which has been tossed to the wind as the need to justify sin has increased.

Your brain is incapable of putting together a coherent argument for why you believe what you believe.

You are still deceived.
George

Jacksonville, FL

#67 Sep 6, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, then... You have listened and not heard.
And you have read. But you have not comprehended.
And you have been conned into believing, wrongly. But, you have yet to discern why you persist in your self-righteous belief in the errors of bigotry and hypocrisy which were left in scripture for you to overcome.
As a result, you believe yourself to be incapable of reasoning and dwelling in the Living core of Loving discipleship with the very talents that God gave you.
I love it. You used to at least acknowledge the possibility that in trying to discern God's will in this matter, you might be wrong. Your arrogance knows no bounds. The mantle of infallibility has now fallen onto your shoulders and any deviations from your divine inspirations are clear error. All hail Ken who is so in tune with the mind of the Father as to be One with Him and our Lord.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#68 Sep 6, 2012
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
This is laughable. You know less scripture than a 5th grade Sunday School class.
You know your tradition which has been tossed to the wind as the need to justify sin has increased.
Your brain is incapable of putting together a coherent argument for why you believe what you believe.
You are still deceived.
You bet.

A degree in Theology - 5th grade Sunday School

LMAO!

Reading Scripture in Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek - 5th grade Sunday School

LOL!!

Working in Tel Aviv - 5th grade Sunday School

Oh, TA, why bother coming back if you're going to make yourself look like the hateful bigoted ass you are!

Now we know you have a 5th grade Sunday school education - whatever that might be for a LMBS.

Love always wins.

You continue to tell people God hates them and I'll continue to remind them GOD LOVES THEM!

;-)

Those who do not love, do not know God; because God is love....

The Mountain Empire

#69 Sep 6, 2012
George wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it. You used to at least acknowledge the possibility that in trying to discern God's will in this matter, you might be wrong. Your arrogance knows no bounds. The mantle of infallibility has now fallen onto your shoulders and any deviations from your divine inspirations are clear error. All hail Ken who is so in tune with the mind of the Father as to be One with Him and our Lord.
So you worship someone you don't even know?

LMAO!!

PS He doesn't live in a Book, that might be your first problem with Scripture

The second is your lack of understanding

The third is you lack of using your heart OR your brain

Poor little Georgiekins.......

“Ecce! Sic transit gloria mundi”

Since: Oct 10

I See New Jerusalem From Here.

#70 Sep 6, 2012
George wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW - You had to go to Sunday School only once a week! We had classes every day on 'the faith' in school. They even made us read, talk and write about the 'readings' on top of wearing uniforms. SADIST!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#71 Sep 6, 2012
George wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!....

Idiot!

My post was given to show YOU how arrogant and self-righteous YOU have become! The fact that you have taken me seriously shows just how seriously you are willing to take your own infallibility!

Dummy!

And you are still doing it!

No, George. I do not claim to be right anymore of the time than Rush Limbaugh claims to be right.

Rev. Ken
George

Jacksonville, FL

#73 Sep 7, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!....
Idiot!
My post was given to show YOU how arrogant and self-righteous YOU have become! The fact that you have taken me seriously shows just how seriously you are willing to take your own infallibility!
Dummy!
And you are still doing it!
No, George. I do not claim to be right anymore of the time than Rush Limbaugh claims to be right.
Rev. Ken
I don't take you seriously at all. I have long since concluded you are a joke - a fraud - a fake - and a heretic. Taking you seriously would imply that there was merit to your opinions and thoughts.

Location hidden

#74 Sep 7, 2012
George wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't take you seriously at all. I have long since concluded you are a joke - a fraud - a fake - and a heretic. Taking you seriously would imply that there was merit to your opinions and thoughts.
LOL!!!....

The more I read of what you write, the less reasonable you appear to be.

It is YOU who are the fake. If you are actually a lawyer, your clients are in big trouble AFTER they take you on as their counselor, instead of before!

No. I stick by my post #60 above. You have neither read nor have you comprehended and you have not listened. Your blind faith has led you into a blind alley of misconstruance and compounded misconceptions.

In post #52 you go one way. In post #67, you go the other. You miss the mark both ways and show yourself unwilling to use your head.

Sorry, George.

Rev. Ken

The Mountain Empire

#75 Sep 8, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!....
The more I read of what you write, the less reasonable you appear to be.
It is YOU who are the fake. If you are actually a lawyer, your clients are in big trouble AFTER they take you on as their counselor, instead of before!
No. I stick by my post #60 above. You have neither read nor have you comprehended and you have not listened. Your blind faith has led you into a blind alley of misconstruance and compounded misconceptions.
In post #52 you go one way. In post #67, you go the other. You miss the mark both ways and show yourself unwilling to use your head.
Sorry, George.
Rev. Ken
Fanatics rarely make sense, all they have are their emotional fits...
JPS

Darby, PA

#76 Sep 14, 2012
In the true spirit of political correctness, let us call these fauna "Caucasian Elephants."

Location hidden

#77 Sep 14, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
You bet.
A degree in Theology - 5th grade Sunday School
LMAO!
Reading Scripture in Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek - 5th grade Sunday School
LOL!!
Working in Tel Aviv - 5th grade Sunday School
Oh, TA, why bother coming back if you're going to make yourself look like the hateful bigoted ass you are!
Now we know you have a 5th grade Sunday school education - whatever that might be for a LMBS.
Love always wins.
You continue to tell people God hates them and I'll continue to remind them GOD LOVES THEM!
;-)
Those who do not love, do not know God; because God is love....
Amen, Brother!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philadelphia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philly Harm Reduction 6.5 12 min NEW GUY 3,478
Society Hill ACME lease EXTENDED 47 min Martha L 2
George E. Norcross wants Seth Williams Arrested... 1 hr Panthers 1
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) 15 hr Mark wirsner 850
Philly Harm Reduction V (Apr '16) 17 hr Norfcmd21 250
ACME Markets CLOSING 10th & Reed, also Sat Roseann Quintin 3
Chief Judge Simandle is a Fraud Mar 23 Doug 3

Philadelphia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Philadelphia Mortgages