Empty sacred spaces become white elep...

Empty sacred spaces become white elephants

There are 75 comments on the www.virtueonline.org story from Aug 19, 2012, titled Empty sacred spaces become white elephants. In it, www.virtueonline.org reports that:

Hunger, health care, and urban violence are the usual subjects of concern when the Religious Leaders Council of Greater Philadelphia gathers for its semiannual meetings.

But at the spring 2011 session, a new topic was cast into the mix: real estate ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.virtueonline.org.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#41 Aug 30, 2012
George wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it to have been inspired by God but whether it was "merely" inspired by God or was even more definitively directed, does that make you and your ilk free to change it to coincide with your freaky predelictions?
George,

You are, by your claim, supposed to be a lawyer. I have a number of close friends who are lawyers. Most of these are very smart men and women. They are able to analyze a problem and reduce it to the main points, logically and without undue emotion. They are all very passionate about their work. A few are workaholics and obsess to the point of a near sickness about their work, their clients and their opponents, to make sure that they are doing their jobs. There are a few others who are not so scrupulous and I am not hesitant to keep those at a proper distance, not being uncivil to them. But, they toe the mark around me or I limit conversation.

Not one of these is apparently afraid to educate him or herself about an issue that is important to their understanding.

Why, George? I can't figure out why you won't do this. Why won't you take time out to read professional material about what is believed to be the cause and origin of various human sexual expressions, particularly genetically intersexed and same-sex orientations?

Educate yourself.

You say "ilk" and "freaky predilections." Your characterizations indicate an obvious unwillingness to get to the heart of the matter and an avoidance for reading up on the most modern research.

Neither Middleway nor I am anything other than plain old heterosexuals. But, we both have done our homework and have come to the same basic conclusions. These people that you call "ilk" and having "freaky predilections" are simply your average everyday human beings and Children of God.

That is how Jesus viewed them. That is how He told us to view them.

Rev. Ken

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#42 Aug 31, 2012
George wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it to have been inspired by God but whether it was "merely" inspired by God or was even more definitively directed, does that make you and your ilk free to change it to coincide with your freaky predelictions?
Scripture, tradition, and REASON.

I know which one you are lacking........

The Mountain Empire

#43 Aug 31, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
George,
You are, by your claim, supposed to be a lawyer. I have a number of close friends who are lawyers. Most of these are very smart men and women. They are able to analyze a problem and reduce it to the main points, logically and without undue emotion. They are all very passionate about their work. A few are workaholics and obsess to the point of a near sickness about their work, their clients and their opponents, to make sure that they are doing their jobs. There are a few others who are not so scrupulous and I am not hesitant to keep those at a proper distance, not being uncivil to them. But, they toe the mark around me or I limit conversation.
Not one of these is apparently afraid to educate him or herself about an issue that is important to their understanding.
Why, George? I can't figure out why you won't do this. Why won't you take time out to read professional material about what is believed to be the cause and origin of various human sexual expressions, particularly genetically intersexed and same-sex orientations?
Educate yourself.
You say "ilk" and "freaky predilections." Your characterizations indicate an obvious unwillingness to get to the heart of the matter and an avoidance for reading up on the most modern research.
Neither Middleway nor I am anything other than plain old heterosexuals. But, we both have done our homework and have come to the same basic conclusions. These people that you call "ilk" and having "freaky predilections" are simply your average everyday human beings and Children of God.
That is how Jesus viewed them. That is how He told us to view them.
Rev. Ken
Amen!

Love conquers fear......

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#44 Aug 31, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
Scripture, tradition, and REASON ...
... can't compensate for the lack of a saving faith.

The Mountain Empire

#45 Sep 1, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Rerun for joline, faith is NOTHING without acting on it.

Maybe you should try actually reading your bible...

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#46 Sep 1, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Rerun for joline, faith is NOTHING without acting on it.
Maybe you should try actually reading your bible...
Rerun for Wrong-Way: I said "a saving faith".
Maybe you should try actually reading my posts before you foolishly respond to them.

The Mountain Empire

#47 Sep 2, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Rerun for Wrong-Way: I said "a saving faith".
Maybe you should try actually reading my posts before you foolishly respond to them.
Please, explain what a 'saving faith' is......

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#48 Sep 2, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, explain what a 'saving faith' is......
A faith that saves, that isn't "dead" as per James, the book you've been quoting.

The Mountain Empire

#49 Sep 4, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
A faith that saves, that isn't "dead" as per James, the book you've been quoting.
I didn't ask about a 'living' faith, I asked about a 'saving' faith.

I don't see that term anywhere in the Bible. so please. explain your made up term that, to you, is a faith that has no actions....

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#50 Sep 4, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't ask about a 'living' faith, I asked about a 'saving' faith ...
... and I already answered.
George

Jacksonville, FL

#51 Sep 4, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
And the two that you are lacking?
George

Jacksonville, FL

#52 Sep 4, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
George,Neither Middleway nor I am anything other than plain old heterosexuals. But, we both have done our homework and have come to the same basic conclusions. Rev. Ken
What makes you assume that I haven't? I have listened and listened and listened. And I have read different scientific and psychological material on same sex attraction. Because God said so still holds sufficient meaning for me, even if not for you.
Think Again

Coats, NC

#53 Sep 4, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
You use none of the above.
Think Again

Coats, NC

#54 Sep 4, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
But, we both have done our homework and have come to the same basic conclusions. TKen
"Did God really say?" Hmmmm where have I heard that before?

Location hidden

#55 Sep 5, 2012
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
"Did God really say?" Hmmmm where have I heard that before?
LOL!!!.....

You go around all day repeating that to yourself!

One of these days, you might find your Self actually giving an answer.
Mutilated Genitals

Ardsley, NY

#56 Sep 5, 2012
I can't sit down, if I want to rest I have to lay on my side. My genitals hurt really bad.

The Mountain Empire

#57 Sep 5, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... and I already answered.
No you didn't. You can't explain it because you don't know what you're talking about.

Just like monastic Scripture.

LMAO..........

The Mountain Empire

#58 Sep 5, 2012
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
You use none of the above.
I do.

I know Scripture.

I know our tradition.

God gave me a brain for reason.

You don't think you need a brain or a heart..........

Location hidden

#60 Sep 5, 2012
George wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you assume that I haven't? I have listened and listened and listened. And I have read different scientific and psychological material on same sex attraction. Because God said so still holds sufficient meaning for me, even if not for you.
Well, then... You have listened and not heard.

And you have read. But you have not comprehended.

And you have been conned into believing, wrongly. But, you have yet to discern why you persist in your self-righteous belief in the errors of bigotry and hypocrisy which were left in scripture for you to overcome.

As a result, you believe yourself to be incapable of reasoning and dwelling in the Living core of Loving discipleship with the very talents that God gave you.

“Ecce! Sic transit gloria mundi”

Since: Oct 10

I See New Jerusalem From Here.

#61 Sep 5, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
"Saving faith" means nothing compared to the actions of a loving heart according to Christ Jesus Himself.

I keep forgetting that you don't hear or read the Gospels.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philadelphia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Allentown mayor, accused of selling favors, saysa 5 hr weapon X 4
Graham- Cassidy TrumpCare Discriminates against... 13 hr Lynn 3
News Will Bunch: Racism on Ivy League Campus and by ... (Apr '11) 18 hr concerned citizen 10
News Left in limbo: How transgenders are dealing wit... Sat Tenarife 1
Berkheimer Tax Associates, WTF? (Sep '13) Sep 21 Johnny 41
ACME Markets CLOSING many stores Sep 21 Ric Camden 5
ACME Markets Going OUT of Business in NY METRO Sep 15 Jim Perkins 1

Philadelphia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Philadelphia Mortgages