Since: Feb 12

Jenkintown, PA

#1 Feb 16, 2012
I just recently moved back to the Philly area and I'm looking for a recommendation of a good pain management doctor accepting new patients. I've called 4 that are not taking new patients who have ever been on medication and I'm in pain and need medication and treatment. I have a legitimate medical condition so I'm kind of at a loss here and about to just hit the streets here to get some relief. If you have any recomendations, please let me know.
tremont

United States

#3 Feb 18, 2012
AlexisMay wrote:
I just recently moved back to the Philly area and I'm looking for a recommendation of a good pain management doctor accepting new patients. I've called 4 that are not taking new patients who have ever been on medication and I'm in pain and need medication and treatment. I have a legitimate medical condition so I'm kind of at a loss here and about to just hit the streets here to get some relief. If you have any recomendations, please let me know.
Great, another white trash drug addict in Philadelphia! Do us a favor, move back to Florida and OD there!
tremont

United States

#6 Feb 20, 2012
AlexisMay wrote:
That's not really necessary at all. I don't know where you got the idea that I lived in Florida, actually I lived in Doylestown and moved back to South Philly after my husband was killed by a DUI driver. just be closer to my parents. Before you pass judgement maybe you should evaluate your wrong doings. Psychology tells us that people who belittle people do it to feel better about themselves because they feel empty inside. Maybe you need a doctor for your psyocological pain. I have a neuromuscular disease due to an oxygen imbalance to my brain. I need a specific treatment. I can still see my doctor but would like to find one closer to me.

I'm just trying to figure out why doctors will not take new patients and if there is a doctor in this city that will with the transferring of my medical records from a facility I've been going to for 4 years.

Well my friend, let's pray nobody you know ever overdoses although you seem to know so much on this topic that they probably have or will. I'm probably the classiest lady you could dream of meeting although your brain is so shortsighted that's probably out of reach for you too.
I apologize for wrongfully assuming you were the other moron on here pill shopping a few months back. I've lost more than 6 friends and family members to drug pushing doctors in the Philadelphia area. It's an epidemic across the country. Again, I am sorry for passing judgment.

Since: Feb 12

Jersey City, NJ

#8 Feb 21, 2012
That really means a lot to me. It's a true epidemic this pain killer crisis in the country. My joke about beating the streets was a reference to others posting about drugs and just a joke. I wouldn't know the first thing about that. This is my first and only post and I'm truly looking for a real doctor specializing in pain manangement and injections.

It seems that so many people, like those that you mentioned have abused the system to the point that real people can't get treatment and it just plain stinks. Thanks for taking the time to listen. Best of luck to you and I hope you find better friends that don't succumb to that horrible disease of addiction, you deserve more than that. It's a terrible terrible thing. Best of luck to you.
1968tiggerlady

Blackwood, NJ

#10 Jun 20, 2012
I live in south jersey and my last pain doc was closed down a couple of months ago. I am getting no where with the docs in this area as far as medication management. Does anyone know of a good med management doc in Philly?? I can send you my email, phone, whatever....thanks! I have had two lumbar surgeries and am still suffering, will be going for epidurals again but the ortho does not prescribe meds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philadelphia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jill Stein needs to be on Pennsylvania's Ballot... 11 hr vote4JillStein2016 2
Pop tax silly sin tax on a drink 11 hr Al Bion 2
News PA Turnpike Plans Closure Between Willow Grove ... Thu me justne 1
Looking for Michael Wed Searching 1
Democrats CHOSE to lose Jun 20 ClintonCorporate-... 1
News Philadelphia has a hotline for undocumented imm... Jun 20 Clintons suckers ... 11
Obama BRIBES Senator Sanders to drop out of Rac... Jun 19 Wall Street 2016 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Philadelphia Mortgages