Va. pastor: God's law reigns in same-...

Va. pastor: God's law reigns in same-sex dispute

There are 15 comments on the KAUZ story from Mar 4, 2013, titled Va. pastor: God's law reigns in same-sex dispute. In it, KAUZ reports that:

A pastor due to be sentenced for helping a woman flee the country rather than share custody of her daughter with her former lesbian partner says he is being judged because of his faith and conscience.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KAUZ.

Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Mar 4, 2013
The reason 'morality' lost the fight; is because 'morality' is too abstract to have legal bearing in a court of law
Morality leans more toward individual opinion; than toward public law
SirAndrew

Honolulu, HI

#2 Mar 4, 2013
He is being judged for having broken the law.

"God made me do it" is no more a valid defense than is "The devil made me do it." Were it otherwise, killing gays would be legal, as would stoning disobedient children to death and punishing those who wear mixed fibers while enjoying ham at Easter dinner.

This man broke a legitimate law and deserves to be punished. For all his piety, he caused unconscionable pain to the mother who has been granted custody of the child, while also screwing up the little girl's life forever.

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

#3 Mar 4, 2013
Another fine example of a human making God over in their own twisted image.

This man has no honor. A man with honor would accept the consequences of his decisions with dignity. Instead this dishonorable man blames God for his own illegal behavior.

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#4 Mar 4, 2013
The Bible admonishes believers to obey and respect judges because they are chosen by God. Apparently this pastor should have read the entire book.

“Married 6/17/08”

Since: Feb 07

Porterville, CA

#5 Mar 4, 2013
I know the perfect Federal Prison for him, Ft Leavenworth. Three years hard labor.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#6 Mar 4, 2013
Matthew 5:
11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

God bless you, Kenneth Miller.

Chagrin Falls, OH

#7 Mar 4, 2013
Chance wrote:
Matthew 5:
11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."
Kenneth Miller is hardly in the same league as the prophets who were persecuted for speaking the truth. Mr. Miller actively broke up a family and denied a loving parent their legal right to interact with their child.

Mr. Miller is unrepentant for the harm he has done to the parent he wronged, to the child who was kept from their parent, and to the family he helped destroy. And he disobeyed the Bible's instruction in Titus 3:1 where Paul makes it clear that Christians are to subject themselves to worldly laws and magistrates and to obey them.
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Mar 4, 2013
Good, he deserves to go to jail because he broke the law.

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Location hidden

#9 Mar 4, 2013
Chance wrote:
Matthew 5:
Titus 3:1 "Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work,"

Romans 13:1-4 "Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience."
Chance

Grove City, PA

#10 Mar 4, 2013
Otter in the Ozarks wrote:
<quoted text>
Titus 3:1 "Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work,"
Romans 13:1-4 "Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience."
Then I suppose the laws were directly from God when homosexuality and sodomy were illegal and when there was no such thing as same-sex marriage anywhere.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#11 Mar 4, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
Kenneth Miller is hardly in the same league as the prophets who were persecuted for speaking the truth. Mr. Miller actively broke up a family and denied a loving parent their legal right to interact with their child.
Mr. Miller is unrepentant for the harm he has done to the parent he wronged, to the child who was kept from their parent, and to the family he helped destroy. And he disobeyed the Bible's instruction in Titus 3:1 where Paul makes it clear that Christians are to subject themselves to worldly laws and magistrates and to obey them.
\\

He didn't break up a family. It was already broken up. Ms. Jenkins does not have a child. The law said she would need to adopt the child of her partner, and she never did. This is nothing but activists judges twisting the law.

Chagrin Falls, OH

#12 Mar 4, 2013
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I suppose the laws were directly from God when homosexuality and sodomy were illegal and when there was no such thing as same-sex marriage anywhere.
Those who would force the rest of us to follow Bible rules had best follow those rules themselves first.

Otherwise the rest of us will treat them as what they clearly are: morons.

Chagrin Falls, OH

#13 Mar 4, 2013
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>\\
He didn't break up a family. It was already broken up. Ms. Jenkins does not have a child. The law said she would need to adopt the child of her partner, and she never did. This is nothing but activists judges twisting the law.
What did this so-called "man of God" do to try and keep the family together? What did he do to try and reconcile the two parents? What did he do to try and ensure the child had contact with both parents?

“We are all atheists”

Since: May 11

Lewes, DE

#14 Mar 4, 2013
Chance wrote:
Matthew 5:
Unfortunately, your deity seems to be unwilling to show up, in court or anywhere else, and speak for itself. So every word we get is hearsay. Not admissible in this country's courts.

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Location hidden

#15 Mar 4, 2013
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome to suppose that if you wish.

You're also welcome to suppose that God has changed Her mind since homosexuality and sodomy are now legal, and same sex marriage is increasingly the law of the land.

Which then leads me to ask, why are you not accepting God's will?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philadelphia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why U.S. billionaires may not be able to buy th... 20 hr Cat74 3
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) Mon Cait 635
Black women don't like "Lame" Dark Skinned Blac... Mon Tommy Sotomayor 1
We Dare Any Of You To Read This! May 31 Maria Cortez 1
News Acquitted former Philadelphia officers will not... May 30 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News LGBTs have moved into the mainstream May 29 Gremlin 8
Berkheimer Tax Associates, WTF? (Sep '13) May 29 kydaba 6
More from around the web

Philadelphia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]