SEPTA: Bus Involved With Pedestrian S...

SEPTA: Bus Involved With Pedestrian Struck Crash

There are 89 comments on the NBC 10 Philadelphia story from Jul 2, 2008, titled SEPTA: Bus Involved With Pedestrian Struck Crash. In it, NBC 10 Philadelphia reports that:

According to SEPTA, a Route 113 bus was involved in a crash with a pedestrian in Darby, Delaware County .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 10 Philadelphia.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Sprite

Harleysville, PA

#1 Jul 2, 2008
I hate those agressive bus drivers. they expect you to get out of the bus in 1 second or else they'll shut the door quickly and drive away.
Someone in UD

Catasauqua, PA

#2 Jul 2, 2008
wow who wrote the title to this story? a chimp?
9of10copsRdirty

United States

#3 Jul 2, 2008
Someone in UD wrote:
wow who wrote the title to this story? a chimp?
I would guess someone who graduated from UD.
Someone in UD

Catasauqua, PA

#4 Jul 2, 2008
9of10copsRdirty wrote:
<quoted text>
Well smarta** i didnt go to Upper Darby.
2Day

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Jul 2, 2008
Another court case for SEPTA. I bet they'll raise fair prices to make up for their financial loss after they're sued.
Hey Norton

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Jul 3, 2008
A typical Septa bus seats around 50 passengers, give or take. Unless of course it crashes. Then it seats 800...
Michelle Yost

United States

#7 Jul 3, 2008
What Are you people Crazy, HOW ABOUT The PERSON WHO WAS KILLED! AnD their FAMILY! HE happens to have a little boy, get a LIFE PEOPLE, and Talk ABout something ELSE!

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Wilmington, DE

#8 Jul 3, 2008
Based on some of the nasty remarks here the victim's cell minutes must be rolling over in his grave.
JustMe

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Jul 3, 2008
Guns don't kill people Septa Does...
A recent victim on Septa..Thank God I'm Alive..My prayers to this poor soul...
Thisguyonthenet

Kernersville, NC

#10 Jul 3, 2008
Someone in UD wrote:
<quoted text>
Well smarta** i didnt go to Upper Darby.
Tip one never take comments seriously from folks with names like "9of10copsrdirty"... .nuff said. ;)

Since: Feb 08

United States

#11 Jul 3, 2008
Thisguyonthenet wrote:
<quoted text>
Tip one never take comments seriously from folks with names like "9of10copsrdirty"... .nuff said. ;)
That's some of the best advice I've ever seen on these posts!!!!
Tired of Paying

Winterthur, DE

#12 Jul 3, 2008
JACKPOT!!!!
JRH

Harleysville, PA

#13 Jul 3, 2008
OMG!!! Cell Phones & I-pods a Deadly Mix
John M

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Jul 3, 2008
I knew the victim, he was a good guy. It's a real shame this happened, btu I don't blame him or the driver, it was just a terrible accident.
Prof Steve Olshewsky PhD

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Jul 3, 2008
I was right there, across the street from this accident when it happened.
This article looks like MISINFORMATION in many ways.
The time was somewhat before 8:00, the light was clear and bright.
The man was NOT walking on the street - he was STANDING on the SIDEWALK!
This is pure negligence on the part of the SEPTA driver.
Notice the selectivity of who was asked to give a "statement" about this.
It took forever for any SEPTA officials, or even medical workers.
Mormon

Levittown, PA

#16 Jul 3, 2008
Well, for one, Philadephia is the WORST when it comes to pedestrians paying attention. How many times have you guys seen people waiting at the bus stop, but standing in the road glaring down the road, I guess thinking that by standing in the road it will make the bus come quicker. Either way, this was an accident and you can't tell me that a bus driver just had no regard for human life. I'm sure a lot of the reason the guy got hit was because he wasn't paying attention while on the cell phone. But it was an accident. I'm sure the bus driver isn't sitting at home with a smile on their face. They for sure will be traumatized by this!!
Phil_E_Drifter

Bensalem, PA

#17 Jul 3, 2008
Darwin wins again. I hate to sound cold but how dumb do you gotta be to get hit (and killed) by a bus? Don't you know you're supposed to look both ways (actually you're supposed to look right, left, right so that's 3 ways) before you cross the street?
Phil_E_Drifter

Bensalem, PA

#18 Jul 3, 2008
Michelle Yost wrote:
What Are you people Crazy, HOW ABOUT The PERSON WHO WAS KILLED! AnD their FAMILY! HE happens to have a little boy, get a LIFE PEOPLE, and Talk ABout something ELSE!
maybe he shouldn't have been carelessly walking the streets gabbin' on his cell phone then, he should have thought of his child, huh? How about the person who was killed, he was dumb enough to get struck and killed by a 'street whale,' aka a public transportation bus. You gotta be really, really stupid to pull that one off, and i have absolutely no sympathy for him (he's dead, he dont care) or his family.
Phil_E_Drifter

Bensalem, PA

#19 Jul 3, 2008
9of10copsRdirty wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, at first i was going to commend your comment with something like 'i like the cut of your jib,' but then I read the headline.

It really does look like it was pieced together by a chimp.
michelle

United States

#20 Jul 4, 2008
DEAR PHILL E DRIFTER, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS PHILLY SNIFFER!!! WITH A NAME LIKE THAT I AM SURE YOU ARE BUSY SLEEPING ON YOUR MANHOLE!! LOOK OUT FOR THOSE SEPTA BUSES! I AM A TRUE BELIEVER IN KARMA! KEEP YOUR MOUTH CLOSED IF YOU DONT KNOW THE STORY!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philadelphia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 22 min YouDidntBuildThat 5
There was NO DEBATE without Jill Stein and Gary... 8 hr NonDebateW-O Stei... 1
News How Body Language Can Spell Victory Or Defeat F... 8 hr NonDebateW-O Stei... 1
ANTHONY E McDonald is wanted of first degree mu... Mon Susan 1
News Refugee students sue for their place in public ... Mon StudentloanratesRise 1
Vote for Hillary Sep 25 BlacksSuckeredbyC... 12
Clinton wanted Billionaire Mark Cuban for VP? Sep 25 ClintonTricks 1

Philadelphia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Philadelphia Mortgages