Freed Australian hostage's family wan...

Freed Australian hostage's family wants his kidnappers in Philippines captured and punished

There are 8 comments on the Canada.com story from Mar 25, 2013, titled Freed Australian hostage's family wants his kidnappers in Philippines captured and punished. In it, Canada.com reports that:

The family of a freed Australian hostage expressed hope Monday that his kidnappers, including al-Qaida-linked Abu Sayyaf militants who kept him in jungle captivity in the southern Philippines for 15 months, would be captured and punished so such ordeals would not be repeated.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Canada.com.

Jay Wallace

Quezon City, Philippines

#1 Mar 25, 2013
look at the wife and brother, why would abbu sayyaf kidnap a person with no money, who would gain, sounds like an inside job to me, no one is sure if a ransom was paid or not, they usually know if the person has money, who is going to kidnap a person with nothing , what kind of house did he live in, did he have maids and servants, maybe the ones close to him knows who will pay, this happens all the time in Philippines Wife hires hit man or has husband kidnapped
Lope Alisto

Philippines

#2 Mar 25, 2013
Jay Wallace wrote:
look at the wife and brother, why would abbu sayyaf kidnap a person with no money, who would gain, sounds like an inside job to me, no one is sure if a ransom was paid or not, they usually know if the person has money, who is going to kidnap a person with nothing , what kind of house did he live in, did he have maids and servants, maybe the ones close to him knows who will pay, this happens all the time in Philippines Wife hires hit man or has husband kidnapped
You are very right", it all sounds very suspicious to me too.The Abus are not fools. I will eat my hat that the Abus were not the kidnappers but somebody elses idea of quick and easy money.
Lope Alisto

Philippines

#3 Mar 25, 2013
We Filipinos are smart,...we know all the many methods and tricks to make more money from the rich or poor.
xyz

UK

#4 Mar 25, 2013
Lope Alisto wrote:
We Filipinos are smart,...we know all the many methods and tricks to make more money from the rich or poor.
You mean just like the thieves, crooks, conmen, criminals, politicians?
phil

UK

#7 Apr 12, 2013
xyz wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean just like the thieves, crooks, conmen, criminals, politicians?
funny a pinoy bragging how thay now how to rob the poor and rich i woundent be proud about it my wife who is a pinoy said wat a dick head saying pinoys now how to rob ppl she is ashammed to admit she is pinoy after that fool said that comment
phil

UK

#8 Apr 12, 2013
Lope Alisto wrote:
not really that smart are your still poor and broke pmsl ppl that brage about how clever thay are are normally stupid, and you sound like sort that is , you might think your clever but you ll come accross a westerner who had a firearm and can use it see how smart you are then with 3 or 4, 40 cal rounds in you and as me and my wife both carry 40 cal s&w , and have been shooting them for over 7 yrs while liveing in zamboanga ,we do use them and carry them 24/7 , so please show me how clever you are, your just to lazy to go work, and you want rob ppl well come try you little low life scum
phil

UK

#9 Apr 12, 2013
xyz your 100% right m8
Fred

Pandi, Philippines

#11 Apr 12, 2013
phil wrote:
xyz your 100% right m8
Are you sure that Lope Alisto is even pinoy? he could be a chinese troll trying to be sarcastic to ridicule the pinoys. There are plenty of them (with IPs from canada, UK, malaysia, etc) in the Philippine forums ever since the Aquino administration took a strong position against China on the territorial disputes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Western Mindanao, Philippines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Call center opens in Zamboanga City (Aug '09) Dec '15 Uly 45
Loans in the Philippines (Nov '15) Nov '15 Lexine 1
News Seven people ate dogmeat, got rabies by eating ... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Jim 1
laptop review (Jan '15) Jan '15 Yeo 1
News Zamboanga's new archbishop and his new pastoral... (May '14) Nov '14 ELIAS IBARRA 23
News DoT eyes other international airports as entry ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 MIKE TORRES 1
News Number of incest cases in Philippines increasing (Nov '10) Oct '14 I_am_Belisarius 162
More from around the web