'The hacienda is no more'

There are 11 comments on the The Pinoy story from Nov 24, 2011, titled 'The hacienda is no more'. In it, The Pinoy reports that:

By Daxim L. Lucas, Kristine L. Alave - SWEET AND SOUR The landmark decision of the Supreme Court ordering the distribution of the land is sweet victory to Hacienda Luisita workers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Pinoy.

morons united

Cavite, Philippines

#1 Nov 24, 2011
Sweet for now they could be rebels again later if they don't manage their lives well.
crystal

Canada

#2 Nov 25, 2011
Well,, I think it's about time ! Well, they can plant crops whatever they want. They can sell crops at their own price. I hope they won't sell that land. They should pass it to the next generations. Yes, it's good for the farmers because they are the one who works in this farm NOT THE CROOKED SHAREHOLDERS!! They can export the sugar by themselves or they can sell it to the Filipino people for less price.
citizen

Sudan

#3 Nov 26, 2011
The luicita owner has enrich themself for a century & until to date.Be generous the end of the ages is near let the people alone do their living and their wish. Goodluck.
MERCURY

Cagayan De Oro City, Philippines

#4 Dec 2, 2011
If Pres. Aquino would like to be remembered when he is long gone then he should face squarely social injustices in the country. And this is his best opportunity, and perhaps the only one, to show it as a model for addressing social injustice through Hacienda Luisita. As we know the Philippines has been managed by the rich and the influential - they make laws and they execute these laws. Along the ways the rich is getting richer and the poor getting poorer. And if this course is not addressed then it is only a matter of time when the poor will be in the streets in massive numbers. And God knows the consequences to everyone's lives.
Juan de la Cruz

Quezon City, Philippines

#5 Dec 2, 2011
I am not against the rich nor am I against the poor. I am just curious to know why there is so much controvercy in the topic of being a landowner {legal} and being a landless wotker in anybody's farm. Is it against the law to own a large piece of land ? Is it right for the government to give it away to the people working for the owner of that farm ? He owns it legally and hire people to work, is that bad? Is giving people a job in that farm unlawful ? They are earning a salary for their work, what is so unusual or bad about that ? The Land reform as it seems to appear looks strangely impartial by ordering the land owner to give his land away. It is confiscatory no matter how one looks at it. Please explain this to all, the owners and the landless.
Juan de la Cruz

Quezon City, Philippines

#6 Dec 3, 2011
citizen wrote:
The luicita owner has enrich themself for a century & until to date.Be generous the end of the ages is near let the people alone do their living and their wish. Goodluck.
IT SEEMS THAT IT IS HUMAN NATURE THAT MAKES most persons in this world always say the same words you do and the same thinking as you do. I have nothing against that but it makes me wonder why is it that most people who are not rich are most often very vocal about their feelings towards another who has been fortunate enough to be graced by God to have more in life while others live in poverty ? If you were in the shoes of the Luisita owners who acquired that property fair and square,by their ancestors and toiled it earnestly for years to plant sugar cane and run it profitably, would you not feel bad the it is now to be given to the workers and tenants of that farm ? Ask yourself that question and see how it feels to lose the land that is yours legally for many years ? Why give away a land that is yours ? Is it your turn to be landless now ?? Who said so and why ? Is it justifiable ?
morons united

Cavite, Philippines

#7 Dec 3, 2011
Sweet for now but that wouldn't keep them out of the woods because cause they have lousy way of managing their lives. Poor are poor because of irresponsibility and ignorance.
Juan de la Cruz

Quezon City, Philippines

#8 Dec 3, 2011
morons united wrote:
Sweet for now but that wouldn't keep them out of the woods because cause they have lousy way of managing their lives. Poor are poor because of irresponsibility and ignorance.
There will always be poor people and rich people. The wisdom of God made it that way so man will learn to share his talents and good fortune to his fellowmen. Man is free to choose which way he desires to be. but he must strive to earn it. The poor was created by God to be the instrument made to till the land and earn his wages to make the land productive and feed his family. Both the rich and the poor are necessary for the continued existence of mankind. Except for the GREEDY ones, this world would be a Heaven on earth. Let us be fair to both and hear out the reasons for hate to drive the the poor against the rich. It is not in God's plan to make it that way.
Juan de la Cruz

Quezon City, Philippines

#9 Dec 3, 2011
crystal wrote:
Well,, I think it's about time ! Well, they can plant crops whatever they want. They can sell crops at their own price. I hope they won't sell that land. They should pass it to the next generations. Yes, it's good for the farmers because they are the one who works in this farm NOT THE CROOKED SHAREHOLDERS!! They can export the sugar by themselves or they can sell it to the Filipino people for less price.
Yes it is time to put yourself in the shareholders shoes too, and see the wisdom of why it is not fair to just give away your property without just compensation. But as a former sugar cane farmer myself, many do not realize that the small piece that is to be given to the workers there is not sufficient to grow anything profitably,...not without sufficient capital and not enough to be happy just to become an owner of a piece of land. If sugar cane is the crop planted now, the new owner cannot hope to plant the same crop becAUSE of the small area. Nor can it be possible for him to think of buying the mechanize machinery needed for such venture. It is too expensive, period. Do they have the expertice to do all that ? In the end, the new owner will just sell it and forget it altogether, after shutting down a profitable enterprise that earns MILLIONS FOR THE GOVERNMENT , gives jobs to hundreds and aids in the progress of the community. Think my friends, THINK !

Since: Oct 11

Bayan, Philippines

#10 Dec 5, 2011
Its not yet done. Unless the lands are Actualy in the hands of farmers it's not yet final. There are many ways to get it back.

Mercury is right this will be one of Pnoy's legacy if it pushed through.

JDLC maybe they can come up with a cooperative to manage for them, it would be a shame if indeed it went to waste after distribution.
DMDM

Sydney, Australia

#11 Mar 2, 2012
the tenants or suppose to be land tillers in the Phils including the Hacienda Luisita are infiltrated by the leftist and radical groups. the leftist go against any government. poor land tillers they seek refuges to the leftist for they are oppressed and felt no one else can turn to. it's just too bad that the land tillers are being used by the leftist. this is a very serious thing happening in the Phils even to those small landed families and exempted by the CARP they suffer the same fate that of the Hacienda Luisita. Hacienda Luisita is used as propaganda by the leftist and people with limited knowledge of what's going on completely believes on what the leftist and so called oppressed are saying.

again this is happening even to small land owners exempted by the CARP. tenants or land tillers are waging wars against the small land owners and even refuse to pay the rent.

not only that there are those people who claim to be tenants or land tillers but the land owners don't even know them obviously they are just leftist hanging around causing trouble.

tenants

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tarlac, Philippines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dan Eric's Grand Ice Cream Dealership :D (Nov '10) 33 min june 9
News Filipino clergy hopeful for disaster risk reduc... Fri pazuzu 21
News The Philippines Wonders if Heritage Sites Can H... (Aug '14) May 6 TrendingMatters 4
News 3 foreigners' arrested, 42 sex workers rescued ... (May '11) Apr '15 pampangan gurl 277
News Jehovah's Witnesses to hold annual convention n... (Oct '14) Feb '15 Beth 400
Looking Jan '15 Jammer 1
News Philippines' first subway gets OK from NEDA-ICC Jan '15 amc 1
More from around the web