Pacete: Charlie on tourism promotions

Feb 28, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sun-Star

IT WAS a late night call for me from Maricar Dabao of Viaje Negrense. Maricar is the president of the Association of Tour Guides in Negros Occidental.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Feb 28, 2012

Since: Jun 11

Bedford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Many possible tourists are put off coming to the Philippines by the warnings issued by their governments. Until the Philippines sorts out the crime and sets up a credible force to protect foreigners from criminals (including the local police) then your Tourist Board is pissing into the wind.

“Nuke the mother fcukers ”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

good luck i cant see this happening

He said that the new Tourism Act contains all the tourism development plans for the LGUs and for the tourism sector. Negrenses should avail of what the Tourism Act is offering. He suggested to Mayor Oti that there should be more economic activities around the airport. It was an experience in the past that communications from the DOT Central Office always arrived in the provinces very late. He assured us that he will act on that.“I want all LGUs to prepare their tourism programs properly. We target one million Koreans to come here in 2012. Last year, we had 920,000 Koreans. We also aim at China. Targets at hand is AJACU… America, Japan, Australia, Canada and United Kingdom. The Indians are also in the list.”

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Silay, Philippines Discussions

Search the Silay, Philippines Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Emotional and behavioral disorders Jul 2 humanSpirit 1
Jimenez: Clean toilets create good impression Mar '14 idiots united 3
Pacete: Mama Mary's image in Silay (Jul '13) Nov '13 pazuzu 45
Aloha Medical Mission Volunteers Leave for the ... (Feb '13) May '13 nurseamyg 2
Orola invites Japanese to visit Bacolod (Feb '13) Mar '13 tony davao 3
City urged to lobby for airport upgrading (Jan '13) Jan '13 Diaoyou robber 1
7K scouts attend One-Visayas Jamboree (Nov '12) Nov '12 Concerned_ 2
•••
•••