Promoting the Philippines as a retirement haven

Aug 24, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Manila Bulletin

INTERNATIONAL real estate is set to be the biggest and best investment market of the next several years, especially for retirees.

Comments
1 - 20 of 131 Comments Last updated Oct 23, 2010
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
jhon sarvoy

Sandgate, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Judged:

not foreigner can retire safely in the philippines with so much corruption at bid immigration department at the philippines,would be like to comite financial suicide.so much evidence prove that..
jhon sarvoy

Sandgate, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Judged:

the president of the retarees association of the philippines was arrested by bid-immigration department because he tried to defend the interest of other foreign menbers and not to lose their money,the intention of the filipino goverment was to deport him in order to chut his mouth and reap off the retarees foreigners,stealing their deposits.
most filipinos talk about their country as a charming,fantastic and gentle people,but nobody say anything about there is a law for the filipino people and other law for the foreigner.
when a filipino citizen create a false acusation against a foreigner visiting the philippines nobody investigate,because all the partys involve are only after money, money and only money and not justice for the foreigner,what a country beter not to go overthere,yes ,yes.
ANY FOREIGNER INTENTING TO RETIRE AT THE PHILIPPINES SHOULD RESEARCHE BEFORE MAKING SUCH BIG DECISION.DO NOT BELIEVE OTHER FILIPINO PERSON
CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL EMBASSY STAFF(talk to your own people only at your embassy and not filipino staff.do not believe your own filipino wife because her pride or luck of information or because of her family convinience they want you to bring money into their country and after is too late,you will be blackmail and you will regret it.better be sure than regret it later ....
mel

Switzerland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Judged:

you sound broken hearted by filipina..........why you put down my kababayan.we are not all the same.even in your country has person like what you said.maybe some pilipina are regreting to get married with somebody like you..
Dave Galla

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Judged:

Philippines is just a sex tourist destination for pedophiles and wife abusers.

I love it here. I am getting away with it all.

20 to 30 years sex slave.
bobby

Indonesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Judged:

yippy!!!!!
Rico

Muntinlupa, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Judged:

Philippines as a retirement place? You must be kidding. If you love corruption. disrespect for law, undisciplined people then the Philippines is your place. Money is the only thing that matters to the Filipinos and they will even sell their souls to the devil for it. If you refute all what I have said, then you are the biggest hypocrite and you are part of those who still believe this country will move forward. The only destination of this country is down the drain.
working girl of brooklyn

New Hyde Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Judged:

jhon sarvoy wrote:
the president of the retarees association of the philippines was arrested by bid-immigration department because he tried to defend the interest of other foreign menbers and not to lose their money,the intention of the filipino goverment was to deport him in order to chut his mouth and reap off the retarees foreigners,stealing their deposits.
most filipinos talk about their country as a charming,fantastic and gentle people,but nobody say anything about there is a law for the filipino people and other law for the foreigner.
when a filipino citizen create a false acusation against a foreigner visiting the philippines nobody investigate,because all the partys involve are only after money, money and only money and not justice for the foreigner,what a country beter not to go overthere,yes ,yes.
ANY FOREIGNER INTENTING TO RETIRE AT THE PHILIPPINES SHOULD RESEARCHE BEFORE MAKING SUCH BIG DECISION.DO NOT BELIEVE OTHER FILIPINO PERSON
CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL EMBASSY STAFF(talk to your own people only at your embassy and not filipino staff.do not believe your own filipino wife because her pride or luck of information or because of her family convinience they want you to bring money into their country and after is too late,you will be blackmail and you will regret it.better be sure than regret it later ....
You have to be comfortable with where you want to live. If you don't feel that the Philippines will be the right place to retire, then be my guest, you can go somewhere else.

If you are a foreigner and your fear is that you will be blackmailed when you are in my country, then you really have to reexamine the kind of people you are associating with. If you are an Australian, why retire in the Philippines? If you cannot understand our culture and if you can't assimilate it, then stay away; you might just end up disappointed.
messala Malolos City

Makati, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

Judged:

I just read what 'Bronte' posted in the other thread. I think it is their national anthem. It's beautiful. If only it came with lyrics. Then probably I can sing it. It says Australia is beautiful. So why does jhon savoy rant about retiring in the Philippines if Bronte says that about their country? Sure beats me. And why are there Australians spread around Southeast Asia when they have not yet explored the western side of their continent? Australians are compacted on the eastern side of their country and the rest are still considered as outback which is largely unexplored and undeveloped.
Gem Dublin

Dublin, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

Judged:

Rico wrote:
Philippines as a retirement place? You must be kidding. If you love corruption. disrespect for law, undisciplined people then the Philippines is your place.......
Yes, I refute that and as a foreigner I am entitled to my opinion, however, I can understand you frustration and anger at the direction your country is heading.

Odd though it may seem, the answer is Education, Education, Education. But it will take about 20 years for that to have an effect on society.

I have been visiting the Philippines over the past 5 years and have encountered nothing but hospitality and warmth.

Sure, I have crossed paths with a couple of graft merchant's and the brown envelope under the table types but heck you get them in every country of the world and some places just have it under better control.

Foreigners, like me, should spend some time getting to know the people, the country, their customs and the everyday problems they have to face. Real poverty is a huge problem and even those who are classified as 'doing well' are not really doing well by European standards.

I admire the work ethic of the Filipino people and the dignity with which they meet the challenges facing them.

It is amazing how international and local press always take a bad issue or point and make it appear worse by orders of magnitude and then the numbskulls (bobos) of society interpret it as applying to all... get a life guys... check out your own backyard before commenting on someone else's in such an uninformed and casual way.

Shortly I will retire to the Philippines and I will not be any more concerned for my well being than I am here in Ireland.
working girl of brooklyn

New Hyde Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

Judged:

Gem Dublin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I refute that and as a foreigner I am entitled to my opinion, however, I can understand you frustration and anger at the direction your country is heading.
Odd though it may seem, the answer is Education, Education, Education. But it will take about 20 years for that to have an effect on society.
I have been visiting the Philippines over the past 5 years and have encountered nothing but hospitality and warmth.
Sure, I have crossed paths with a couple of graft merchant's and the brown envelope under the table types but heck you get them in every country of the world and some places just have it under better control.
Foreigners, like me, should spend some time getting to know the people, the country, their customs and the everyday problems they have to face. Real poverty is a huge problem and even those who are classified as 'doing well' are not really doing well by European standards.
I admire the work ethic of the Filipino people and the dignity with which they meet the challenges facing them.
It is amazing how international and local press always take a bad issue or point and make it appear worse by orders of magnitude and then the numbskulls (bobos) of society interpret it as applying to all... get a life guys... check out your own backyard before commenting on someone else's in such an uninformed and casual way.
Shortly I will retire to the Philippines and I will not be any more concerned for my well being than I am here in Ireland.
In behalf of the Filipinos who still love the country, thank you for your highly objective and enlightening views about my country. We still do need a lot of working to overcome our lack of progress, but there are a lot of good things about being a Filipino and of living in the Philippines. It is sad that while others would like to destroy the image of their very own country, an Irish has to come up front to say good things about the Philippines. Politics has divided us and some will go to the extent of wishing ill for the country just to prove that the leaders are wrong. It is a very destructive way of thinking, and this "acting out" attitude has been detrimental to making our society a better place to live.

Living in the Philippines can be comfortable especially when you're a dollar earner. I was there last month but I will be coming back again this May and part of my plan is to look into areas where I hope to retire years from now. I do not know where you plan to relocate, but if you plan to live in the Greater Manila area, have you considered Newport City? Marriott is coming up with a huge hotel there plus the Marriott Residences, surrounded by about four condominium complexes. It is very accessible to numerous amenities and advanced medical care is available at nearby St. Luke's Medical Center extension facility. And Club Embassy is not that far, too.(Wow!!! I can't believe Philippines can also be this fancy.)

Good luck.
Peter Banjamin Parker

Doha, Qatar

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

Maniac Jr wrote:
We have cheap hoooookeeers in our CAGE
jejejejeje
working girl of brooklyn

New Hyde Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

Maniac Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
We can pull your mother out of our cage. She has been in here since you left for qatar, peter.
Hold it! You may not be capable of intellegent discussion.
RDT

Nottingham, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

Judged:

Maniac Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
We can pull your mother out of our cage. She has been in here since you left for qatar, peter.
In remote parts of the Phils on certain given days, you can find Manyak and his son, Jr, prostituting themselves to the captured rodents residing in zoos. It's very disconcerting when one of the rodents just takes them by force without paying.

Nothing worse then watching a bestially raped man and his son cry bloody murder before they can be removed from the zoo...
RDT

Nottingham, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2008

Judged:

Maniac Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't make any sense... You came up with this? Oh crap! why do I have to ask you that...? it's obvious. Watch some TV and qoute something, it will help you with some comebacks and some insults. Maybe...
I'm sorry. Did you say something? I just assumed you were delirious from the emotional pain...
RDT

Nottingham, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2008

Judged:

Maniac Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
what was said that makes you assumed I was delirious? Just what I thought! You just wanted to say something in English, huh? It's cool! Nothing is new on that. lol
Doesn't matter for you what language I post in. Reading comprehension is not your strong suit, Thundarr...
RDT

Nottingham, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2008

Judged:

Maniac Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry about it. it's too advance for you. stay with noggin
You are delirious. The day you can advance a topic beyond my understanding is the day hell freezes over... Now go ahead. Take off the lamp shade and stare at the incandescent bulb until you go blind...
Peter Banjamin Parker

Doha, Qatar

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2008

Maniac Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
You called me delirious monkey, thats TRUE but then you can justify my name calling. A simple English requesting for you to justify my name calling but you couldn't because all you are is a little kid who couldn't get the answer he/she wanted and then starts the name calling.Call me GAY GORILLA MANIAC
jejejejeje
RDT

Nottingham, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2008

Judged:

Maniac Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything is way beyond you because you choose what to think and that how it should be. You think everything is less than what you can understand because it's how you label people. What you should do is take your daugther for a walk and tell everybody she's your wife so it looks like you have a young wife.
Okay, you're attempting at rational thought but falling short of the mark, young Jedi.

Every man and woman on this earth gets to 'choose' what to think and how life should be. How does this relate to me solely? I need your help in understanding your quasi-intellectual garble.

I can't even begin to decipher the meaning in your sentence about labeling people. Proof read what you write if you want me to counter or agree with what you say, please.

Your wit lacks punch and pizazz. Maybe it's easier for you to just do like the Marcella/Manyak monkies and repeat what I say back to me. It would still lack wit, but at least I would recognize the true author.
RDT

Nottingham, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2008

Judged:

Maniac Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
You called me delirious but then you can justify your name calling. A simple English requesting for you to justify your name calling but you couldn't because all you are is a little kid who couldn't get the answer he/she wanted and then starts the name calling.
Again you're wrong. I'm making no attempt to 'justify' my name calling or insults toward you. I'm simply deriding your attempt at intellectual discourse because you seem to lack the ability to put forth advanceable, concrete thoughts in a written format.

Again want me to stop then make clear concise statements that I can't ridicule. Otherwise, accept being treated like the other grief monkeys in this forum.
red rock

Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

Judged:

@jhon savory,
why the hell are these bpo's are now relocating in the philippines??..
why the hell a lot of aliens are migrating here and putting up a biz here if it's not a place good for your damn biz!?
r u thinking of a utopian state amigo?.. better lock yourself up and build ur own empire.
btw, Australians are fuck'n atrocious English speakers i've dealt with!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dumaguete, Philippines Discussions

Search the Dumaguete, Philippines Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
need help settling in Dumaguete--apartment/boar... (Aug '13) Jun '14 funny u dont sound 2
another bs list with little validity, here's why Jun '14 livninDumag 1
Alien sex offenders banned in Philippines Jun '14 i_am_belisarious 10
Dumaguete City --- Best Retirement Haven? (Jan '09) Apr '14 Peter Robann Sobrepena 21
Dumaguete City Acccount Doreen Cordova - Scammer (Jul '13) Oct '13 Paul 4
2 tourists drown in Casaroro Falls (Nov '12) Jul '13 amc 4
Annulments Granted? (May '10) Mar '13 glass 5
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••