Philippines floods: 'We were praying ...

Philippines floods: 'We were praying God should stop the rise of the water'

There are 6 comments on the Guardian Unlimited story from Dec 20, 2011, titled Philippines floods: 'We were praying God should stop the rise of the water'. In it, Guardian Unlimited reports that:

Survivors of the flooding in southern Mindanao watch rescuers at work in the town of Jassaan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Guardian Unlimited.

morons united

Seattle, WA

#1 Dec 20, 2011
Praying is such a lousy way to prevent anything ton happen due to irresponsible igtnorant cowardly atittudes in the past. Too little too late for praying.
AussiPino

Australia

#2 Dec 21, 2011
Praying to God is a fatalistic thing to do at times like these. Filipinos can't keep on relying on "Dyos" for everything and start to take initiative and do things for themselves.

Less "God Helps Those Who Help Themselves" and more "Individuals Help Themselves".
morons united

Seattle, WA

#3 Dec 21, 2011
Putting it in tagalog. Palagi na lang umaasa at gamitin ang utak, ayaw magbanat ng buto. Mahirap ang umaasa na lang.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#4 Dec 21, 2011
I think they were praying that after their makeshift huts were washed away that the government would put them in a real house. It looks like their praying just might have worked, 40 million peso plan to build them all free housing

Since: Nov 10

AOL

#5 Dec 21, 2011
I have friends in Cagayan, been there, and believe me, it is mainly the poorest and lowest section of Cagayan where death reigned. It's easy to call people morons. Many there have so little and also little future. I feel sorry for them.
Derek

Folsom, CA

#6 Dec 21, 2011
It's time for filipinos to stop praying. It's time to face reality. Praying equal wishing, instead of wishing why not develop action plans and realistic goals for the nation, including but not limited to development and modernization.

Clean the filthy water ways to create adequate drainage systems. Properly build homes and neighborhoods, do the things necessary to provide people with proper living conditions.

The catholic church has done nothing but provide lip service and general stupidity to the equation, why continue listening to those primitive/corrupt pedophiles.

Come on filipinos wake the F up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cagayan de Oro, Philippines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
short time girls (May '13) 3 hr Hian 34
Looking for girl budget 500 pesos (May '15) 5 hr soxxx 10
Looking for young pretty girls in CDO for SEX. ... Wed theboywonder 3
I need college straight guystudents for night o... Jun 28 me cdo area bawal... 2
Looking for a girl to have sex with Jun 28 Anonymous 7
I'm looking for GIRLS for CASH - CDO Area Jun 27 Anonymous 2
Searching for a gwapa na teen niya sexy para ma... Jun 26 Anonymous 9
More from around the web