Comments
1 - 20 of 122 Comments Last updated Oct 20, 2013
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Anonymous

Baguio City, Philippines

#1 Sep 21, 2006
I would just like to express our disgust on the system that UC-BCF is currently doing to its students. First, they offered a 3 year program for BSIT education on a trimestral basis and yet there are some problems being encountered by enrollees. One of which is the unavailability of subjects for said courses and another is the conflict of teacher's schedule with the subjects mentioned. As an educator, teachers should be the ones adjusting to students schedule and not the other way around. There are also times when a teacher resigned and the College dean did not even bother to replace teacher ASAP. Sorry to say this but I am really disgusted with the education program being offered by UNIVERSITY OF THE CORDILLERAS. They should not offer things which they themselves cannot comply with.
louisian

United States

#2 Oct 9, 2006
thats why i love my school!
BETI-BAGUIO

Quezon, Philippines

#3 Oct 30, 2006
We are devoted to delivering quality education by equipping our students with necessary knowledge and skills, desirable work attitudes and values vital to leaders for industrial development. We offer a full range of comprehensive training and technological courses, from modular programmes, technical courses to bachelor degrees.

We are not only dedicated to ensure a higher level of understanding amongst our students, but also produces an immediate return on investment, allowing them to explore problems and overcome challenges within actual workplace environment during their industry practicum (on-the-job-training) with multinational companies,
thus significantly benefiting themselves.
anonymous2

Quezon, Philippines

#4 Dec 7, 2006
i agree to anonymous regarding the IT department of BCF or regarding the trimester they are implementing.BCF sucks!!!They should do something about it.
louie flores BSNIII UC

Quezon City, Philippines

#5 Apr 9, 2007
Its sad to say the truth, but some teachers in UC are paid just to pass us in our major subjects. not that just, they let PHC 2 students who are late during the orientation pay or failed. its very imposible that our dean dont know this. thats all. bow!
louie flores BSNIII UC

Quezon City, Philippines

#6 Apr 9, 2007
anonymous2 wrote:
i agree to anonymous regarding the IT department of BCF or regarding the trimester they are implementing.BCF sucks!!!They should do something about it.
coreect! uc-bcf Sucks!even in the BSN they let PHc2 Students pay when they are late during the orientation..
Jessica

Korea

#7 Jun 6, 2007
I'd like to ask to look for my Freind
MICHico she's Filipino and UC student and took Pol sci and maybe now she take lawschool.. I really miss her~!!!
my email add. elleinjx@hotmail.com
Thanks~!
uc cics

Parañaque, Philippines

#8 Jun 26, 2007
haha no comment
SLU - UC BSN

Philippines

#9 Jul 11, 2007
actually ok din naman ang UC since lumipat ako dun but still my sistema ang UC na bulok hehehe...dats y until now im a louisian at heart(qng hnd lang sa stupid nursing qouta ng SLU hnd sna ako lilipat ng UC hehehe)
Louielyne

Quezon, Philippines

#10 Jul 26, 2007
katngahan nman..bt ka pa kc lumipat ng UC kung d mu fil don?wahahaha bagsak ka lng kc sa SLU pasalmat ka ntanggap ka pa dun.haahaha mai bulok style ba?eh wat can u say nman sa SLU bout ur background dun?db marumi??????????
janvin

Calabasas, CA

#11 Aug 8, 2007
yeah these things might be happening to some of the colleges(ICS like what you've mentioned)but that doesnt mean that all of the colleges in the university is like that becuase i myself is in the college of engineerin and architecture...and base from my observations there not like that, in fact our dean really care about how are our instructors do there jobs.And definitely our instructor are not being paid just to pass the subject..."IF U FAIL..U FAIL!"
AND REGARDING ABOUT THE AVAILABILITY OF SUBJECTS...we are trimester so we have subjects that are seasonal(major subjects)...so if u dont passed that subject on that trim dont expect it to be offered next trim i'll be offered next year the same trimester.so complain that the system sucks!!cos really in my point of view its the students fault!!!do good in your subjects so that you'll not have problems or getting delayed...
thats my point of.
jaray

Calabasas, CA

#12 Aug 8, 2007
i dont want to offend the louisian ha but they started it...if i know pangalan lang naman ng school nyo ang maganda eh..infact MOST of the students THERE are not that "BRIGHT" they may act that there have something but actually there brains are hallow!!!!!! accept it!!!!
kamasutra

Pampanga, Philippines

#13 Aug 9, 2007
In all schools, there are always inconveniences. Let us not try to degrade each others school.

For UC, ganyan talaga yan ever since..kahit sa SLU at sa UB may mga kapalpakan din.

The best thing one could do is to open the issue with the student council so they can bring this up to the administration. If not, call the attention of the faculty union.

Be strong...for the studentry!
Miss S

San Jose, CA

#14 Aug 14, 2007
"One of which is the unavailability of subjects for said courses"
..actually, if you need to enroll subjects which are not offered, you could approach the dean directly to ask for an advice especially if you are a graduating student(NOTE: if you are a graduating student i.e. its already your last term, they will offer the subject if you have a minimum of 10 **not so sure about this 'coz I know some who had subjects with only 5 of them in the class WITH NO EXTRA CHARGES UNLIKE IN OTHER SCHOOLS). Subjects are offered based on curriculum years but sometimes(imperfection to blame), the one in-charge of the subject offering overlooks some subjects which are supposed to be open..with this, AGAIN, you could just go to the dean and tell your problem(THE PROBLEM HERE IS THAT, SOME STUDENTS ARE TOO SHY TO APPROACH THE DEAN THEY JUST LEAVE THEIR PROBLEMS BY COMPLAINING to their peers- why not complain to the dean?)-the point here is that, SUBJECTS ARE OFFERED based on curriculum checklists for the last 4 years(old curriculums: students for the past 4 or 5 years are already expected to have graduated thus, their subjects are not offered according to said checklists- BUT YOU COULD REQUEST SO) AND PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THIS: the COLLEGE DEAN OF ICS COULD ALWAYS HELP YOU IN ANYWAY RELATED TO PROBLEMS such as this

"another is the conflict of teacher's schedule with the subjects mentioned"
OH PLEASE!! be considerate. there are hundreds of students for a college and if the teachers' schedules will be shuffled just to adjust to one or two students' problems then more will be affected..TEACHERS LOADING are prepared to suit the needs of the majority of the students

"There are also times when a teacher resigned and the College dean did not even bother to replace teacher ASAP"
it’s not reasonable to hire JUST ANYBODY to cater to the students left by the teacher who resigned..the dean makes sure she HIRES THE RIGHT ONE.
I myself won't prefer having a replacement teacher ASAP if he/she is just there to fill the position than wait for a while to have somebody more competitive

"I am really disgusted with the education program being offered by UNIVERSITY OF THE CORDILLERAS"..I am also from UC..and yes I've observed that it doesn't have a perfect educational system but I will never describe it disgusting because it is what helped me be molded into what I am now...(and I'm good where I am now) the academic and administration council of UC are doing their best to improve the school's system...what the school is, plays a large part in a student's life..but anywhere you go..you may see better or worse schools than UC but..it really depends on the student on how to make the best out of the worst and the worst out of the best...I've worked with UC while a student and being exposed to the schools projects and plans, I know UC is doing its best but still OF COURSE, THERE ARE STILL FLAWS IN IT....AND PLEASE, DON'T EXPECT THE "MOST BEST" 'coz its UC..you are paying just half or even a quarter of other schools' fees but they are already giving you more than what you pay( facilities in ICS in particular)..or else you better go to ATENEO OR LA SALLE and complain if you don't get what you need while paying more or less 40k for a term

"They should not offer things which they themselves cannot comply with"..if you think so, you should have talked to a VP and they could have addressed your problems. Sometimes, students (not necessarily pertaining to you) just don't know how to solve their problems just by talking to the right people
janvin

Calabasas, CA

#15 Aug 26, 2007
i agree with Miss S
yahooUS

Downers Grove, IL

#16 Aug 30, 2007
i heard that SLU is a good school?but aside from this school is there any good school of nursing in baguio?is UB a good school of nursing?its hard to take nursing in SLU coz they have quota,,,is there anyone can answer me?please
yahooUS

Downers Grove, IL

#17 Aug 30, 2007
i heard that SLU is a good school?but aside from this school is there anymore good school of nursing in baguio?is UB a good school of nursing?its hard to take nursing in SLU coz they have quota,,,is there anyone can answer me?please
SLU-UC BSN III

Philippines

#18 Sep 4, 2007
yup SLU is a good school but they have a quota for nursing there...i didnt passed the quota because they only get 500 students out of 1500 students...,the next best schools for nursing in baguio is UC-BCF or try easter colleges...they are far more better than UB(honestly), UC is also #14 in the latest ranking of schools by PRC...SLU is 6th...as for the other schools...i dont know...
SLU-UC BSN III

Philippines

#19 Sep 4, 2007
Louielyne wrote:
katngahan nman..bt ka pa kc lumipat ng UC kung d mu fil don?wahahaha bagsak ka lng kc sa SLU pasalmat ka ntanggap ka pa dun.haahaha mai bulok style ba?eh wat can u say nman sa SLU bout ur background dun?db marumi??????????
HAHAHA! inggit ka lang...siguro isa ka sa mga pure UCian na insecure sa mga louisian na lumipat sa inyo kasi di hamak nmn tlga na mas matalino cla sa inyo...inferiority complex ampzzzz
travis

Calabasas, CA

#20 Sep 5, 2007
SLU-UC BSN III wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHA! inggit ka lang...siguro isa ka sa mga pure UCian na insecure sa mga louisian na lumipat sa inyo kasi di hamak nmn tlga na mas matalino cla sa inyo...inferiority complex ampzzzz
inggit??? base from the past nursing exam...mataas nga percentage ng SLU pano naman kasi kokonti lang nagtake ng exam kasi kokonti lang ang deserving na magtake diba?while in UC 100 PLUSS ANG NAGTAKE NG EXAM pero mataas parin passing rate ng UC!at take note first time palang ng UC...but yet pinakita na niya kung anong meron siya? it proved that the name of the school doesnt matter its the quality of the education.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baguio, Philippines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Philippines' best-planned city? Aug 21 ELIAS IBARRA 59
June 2007 nursing board passers retake scandal-... (Jun '07) Jul 29 mememe 612
DepEd: Cordillera loses 10,226 students Jul '14 Sam 1
Philippines: A paradise for tourists (Jun '10) Jul '14 The Awakener 330
PH moves to ban trade in dog meat Jul '14 Joe 1
19 arrested in cybersex den raid in Pampanga (May '07) Jun '14 Whats wrong with ... 255
Texas Instruments cuts jobs in Baguio (Jan '09) May '14 faithspes 4
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Baguio, Philippines People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••