Baguio to enhance hospitality to tour...

Baguio to enhance hospitality to tourists

There are 24 comments on the Sun-Star story from Apr 30, 2012, titled Baguio to enhance hospitality to tourists. In it, Sun-Star reports that:

THE City Government aims to improve its hospitality to keep up with the influx of tourists who continue to come in droves to this mountain city even after Holy Week to seek relief from the intense summer heat of the lowlands.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sun-Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#1 May 1, 2012
they need to create somethings for the tourists to do. I like the city but it is boring as hell! Nothing to do at all.

What go to a strawberry farm? owwww so mind blowingly fun lol.

How about a flower garden? Still can't stop thinking about those damn flowers, so amazing lol

How about the minors look out where you can over look a hill? Picture taking with a big dog with sunglasses? How about the chance to buy a leather wallet while you over look the hill? If this sounds amazing try the minors view spot lmao

There is also a park there with a cement pond in the middle. It was built by the Americans so it has to be fun lol. Nope nothing to do there either unless you want to run around the pond.

Lets seee... what else is there to do there on the "Baguio to do list"?? Well again if youre into american stuff you can check out the big white house they built for the generals etc. Thats a lot of fun but kind of embarrassing to the filipinos. Just an white house but to them its aww inspiring.

Im being sarcastic but I really do think baguio is cool, just they need to create somethings for the tourist to do there that is actually fun.

I have been there twice and cant think of another reason to go back. The first time was good but the second time I was bored as hell. Already seen everything the first time so yourf second time at the botanical garden is less the aww droppingly exciting lol.
boring

Port Orchard, WA

#2 May 20, 2012
yes, the head of baguio tourism needs to research to sell BAGUIO for its beauty and not just to have her pictures taken during an award or an affair. Haven't heard any good project she's done yet. I thinks its time to move on and find someone who is worth of the pay check. otherwise.. BAGUIO will be called BORING.

Since: May 12

Covina, CA

#3 May 20, 2012
overall, I say they should clean all major cities, including the airports, clean toilets, remove squatters and beggars, and efficient collection of garbage, ban trycicles and jeepneys in major thouroughfares or boulevards. then the tourists will start coming in.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4 May 20, 2012
Baguio I've read has 7 different fault lines around it. Holy Week would be a good time for them to rumble and plenty will meet Man Above.

Location hidden

#5 May 20, 2012
Say Hi to JR the Jeepney driver with Apachie Indian on his jeep.

Location hidden

#6 May 20, 2012
Don't forget Pat the bicycle rental dude.

Location hidden

#7 May 20, 2012
One thing I won't miss is the landslides.

Since: Apr 09

Makati, Philippines

#8 May 20, 2012
kabarkada inc wrote:
overall, I say they should clean all major cities, including the airports, clean toilets, remove squatters and beggars, and efficient collection of garbage, ban trycicles and jeepneys in major thouroughfares or boulevards. then the tourists will start coming in.
The day you get Filipino's to equate cleanliness with tourism will be the day baby Jesus comes back.

Location hidden

#9 May 21, 2012
IF wern't for a few good people in Baguio, I'd be ready for all fault lines to shake up at once and cleanse the area. Then the nasty worthless people can meet Man Above. If u people remember last big quake in Baguio, the US Military was there to dig people out.
ofgs

Quezon City, Philippines

#10 May 21, 2012
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
The day you get Filipino's to equate cleanliness with tourism will be the day baby Jesus comes back.
hahahahahaha hell be black im sure of it... hahahahahahha
ofgs

Quezon City, Philippines

#11 May 21, 2012
pasig yankeeNY wrote:
they need to create somethings for the tourists to do. I like the city but it is boring as hell! Nothing to do at all.
How about a flower garden? Still can't stop thinking about those damn flowers, so amazing lol
How about the minors look out where you can over look a hill? Picture taking with a big dog with sunglasses? How about the chance to buy a leather wallet while you over look the hill? If this sounds amazing try the minors view spot lmao
There is also a park there with a cement pond in the middle. It was built by the Americans so it has to be fun lol. Nope nothing to do there either unless you want to run around the pond.
Lets seee... what else is there to do there on the "Baguio to do list"?? Well again if youre into american stuff you can check out the big white house they built for the generals etc. Thats a lot of fun but kind of embarrassing to the filipinos. Just an white house but to them its aww inspiring.
Im being sarcastic but I really do think baguio is cool, just they need to create somethings for the tourist to do there that is actually fun.
I have been there twice and cant think of another reason to go back. The first time was good but the second time I was bored as hell. Already seen everything the first time so yourf second time at the botanical garden is less the aww droppingly exciting lol.
ok i read all that you posted and id say ok and fine.???

but expats have been in baguio for so many years , so it is what it is??? right???

it must be the way they like it. ive got many frienfs there and none of them r complaining..

well??? thats a big lie. but just tell me how will fight with flips to change the status quo????
the mayor follows the govner. the capt. follows the mayor??

u see the problem????

SHEEP... BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Anobaun

Bancal, Philippines

#12 May 21, 2012
pasig yankeeNY wrote:
Here's a prefect thing for you to do in Baguio....

HOW ABOUT JUMP OFF THE CLIFF BITCH? And bring Don with ya please...

Makati, Philippines

#13 May 21, 2012
Anobaun wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a prefect thing for you to do in Baguio....
HOW ABOUT JUMP OFF THE CLIFF BITCH? And bring Don with ya please...
I know that cliff. Us foreigners throw peso's off it and watch Flips dive right after them. Hey Pasig now that is some entertainment.

Location hidden

#14 May 21, 2012
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that cliff. Us foreigners throw peso's off it and watch Flips dive right after them. Hey Pasig now that is some entertainment.
Yes I have played the throw a peso and watch a flip dive many of times. It really never gets old. Especially if its in the dirty water

“Dog bless America ”

Location hidden

#15 May 21, 2012
ofgs wrote:
<quoted text>
but expats have been in baguio for so many years , so it is what it is??? right???
it must be the way they like it. ive got many frienfs there and none of them r complaining..
well??? thats a big lie. but just tell me how will fight with flips to change the status quo????
u see the problem????
So now you are also into sheep -dont surpise me -along with little boys, underaged girls and ladyboys.lol

Makati, Philippines

#16 May 21, 2012
thumper hater wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you are also into sheep -dont surpise me -along with little boys, underaged girls and ladyboys.lol
Man that is always on your mind. Scary!!!

Location hidden

#17 May 21, 2012
Didn't The Clap come from sheaphearders doing sheep ?

“Dog bless America ”

Location hidden

#18 May 21, 2012
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
Donald the dipshit if you read his posts then it should be obvious whos mind is on that shite .

Location hidden

#19 May 22, 2012
ofgs wrote:
<quoted text>
u see the problem????
well your post would be a little more correct if the article wasnt about TOURISTS. The article is about pleasing tourist, not about whether or not the retired expat community are complaining. After all they live there and obviously like it as low key as possible. Tourists on the other hand would like and need more options. Everyone wants to escape the summer heat and retreat into the mountains. It would just be nice if there wa something worth while to do once you got there. Know what I mean?

Location hidden

#20 May 22, 2012
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
and when you say always you sure arent joking!

Seems they really "like" sheep in in New Zealand. Atleast he hasn't forsaken all of his Kiwi desires

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baguio, Philippines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what are the best secondary schools in baguio c... (Sep '10) Jun 28 Someone 22
Other Vape/ E-Cig/ Mod shop in Baguio City? (Sep '15) Jun '16 Jeff 3
BAGUIO BAGUIO SEX MATE boy ako Jun '16 withcondompa 5
recommend (Jan '16) Jan '16 mmmyyy 1
Looking for a roommate in Baguio (Jan '16) Jan '16 jma1520 1
Market Vendor Contact Number (Dec '15) Dec '15 hershe 1
need to rent truck and driver (May '08) Dec '15 robb 9
More from around the web