Ex-foster mom: I warned authorities n...

Ex-foster mom: I warned authorities not to return child to home

There are 454 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 27, 2007, titled Ex-foster mom: I warned authorities not to return child to home. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Janice Springfield was horrified at Tajanay Bailey's death Tuesday, but she was not surprised.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 23
Next Last
WTR

Granger, IN

#1 Nov 28, 2007
No excuse for child abuse.
deeply saddened relative

San Diego, CA

#2 Nov 28, 2007
I cannot even believe she was returned to them yet again. I am a distant relative of Tajanay and her mother, who never should have been given custody of her. I only learned of this senseless tragedy tonight. And sadly, I am not even surprised. This system has more than failed poor little Tajanay. It's a travesty that she was allowed back in to such a cesspool with drug addicts who couldn't even care for snakes, let alone HUMAN children! I sure do hope CPS enjoy the egg on their collective faces and feel the heat of this horrendous tragedies subsequent publicity.
And I feel sad for the poor foster mother, who obviously saw what was to come and must be devastated.

“God loves to heal people”

Since: Nov 07

Reading, UK

#3 Nov 28, 2007
The secret Family Courts are far too busy stealing children from GOOD parents (preferably those who have blond hair and blue eyes, but nice looking brunette children are also very desirable) to help neglected and abused black children. It's a disgrace and the same thing is happening here in the UK.
Ronald

United States

#4 Nov 28, 2007
Our foster care system is broken worse than IPS and needs to be scrapped and open orphanages.

Our problems with kids in poverty have become too great to ignore. People who conceive children while earning below the poverty level should have those children taken away and sent to orphanages while the parents face harsh prison sentences. A repeat offense should end in sterilization.

We have got to stop raising kids in poverty and the only way to do that is punish those who refuse to accept responsibility for their sex acts.
Wanda053

Columbus, OH

#6 Nov 28, 2007
It's pretty bad when you report abuse to the very people or agency whom are suppose to insure the safty of all these children. I know they have a job to do and they are over burdened with cases, but come on if you removed the children from this too start with what makes you think the parents have gotten the help they need to not abuse this child or any others? Stop sending the innocentchildren back to these unfit people. Maybe you should hire people who care!

Since: Oct 07

Roanoke, IN

#7 Nov 28, 2007
There are NO words

NO reason for this senseless murder of an innocent child

NO excuses

“God loves to heal people”

Since: Nov 07

Reading, UK

#8 Nov 28, 2007
Ronald wrote:
Our foster care system is broken worse than IPS and needs to be scrapped and open orphanages.
Our problems with kids in poverty have become too great to ignore. People who conceive children while earning below the poverty level should have those children taken away and sent to orphanages while the parents face harsh prison sentences. A repeat offense should end in sterilization.
We have got to stop raising kids in poverty and the only way to do that is punish those who refuse to accept responsibility for their sex acts.
Bollox! Poor people have as much right as anyone else to reproduce!

By your standards, Jesus Christ would not have been born! In fact, a lot of people who have brought great good to this world would never have been allowed to exist! Who the heck do you think you are, God?

What is really needed is to purge our countries of corruption. As long as wicked organisations like NAMBLA are allowed to exist, this world will have trouble and strife.
foster mom

United States

#9 Nov 28, 2007
I cared for Tajanay for 2 months after she was removed from the Springfield's home, before she was placed back with her mother for a 30 day in home trial.....She was the sweetest child I have ever been with. So happy and full of life. She was smart! Please know that she loved her "mommy Charity" very much and wanted to be with her every day. I think Charity loved her as well, I just can't comprehend putting an abusive man before my child. Charity- rot in prison- you let him kill her!

yes, the system failed, but make no mistake- these people snowed everyone over- doing all the "right" things to get their kids back.(for the wrong reasons--$) It's not like Lawrence beat Tajanay in front of anyone. The system does not allow case workers to accuse on their feelings- they have to present actual evidence when petitioning the courts. The system is a mess- but it starts with the laws and rules.

There is always a need for Foster parents- if you are outraged by this- pray about it and maybe God will lead you to open your heart and home to children in need.

God bless you, sweet Tajanay- we love you and miss you!!!

“When is recess”

Since: Mar 07

Down home in Greene County

#10 Nov 28, 2007
I cannot express any/my/the words pubicly I want to say... I will leave it at that.
No child deserves this - no matter the color of skin. And yes may you both rot in jail until the Lord pulls you out for his turn.
JJM

Miamisburg, OH

#11 Nov 28, 2007
The entire system (Great Society) is a failure! Paying "poor" women to reproduce and shack-up with lazy men (taht are products of the welfare state) is a complete failure. We need to stop the foolishness and end welfare.
Bigoted system

Seymour, IN

#12 Nov 28, 2007
I've seen some of the cases that go through the courts regarding child welfare. The guardians ad litem (GAL) tend to be the dumbest people who ever walked the earth, given the very serious job of looking out for the child's welfare and instead bonding with whichever adult makes them the most comfortable. Social/child welfare workers have terrible attittudes and act as if the parents or guardians are too stupid to know how to love a child. Just being politically incorrect can get your child taken from your home faster than you can say "who's the parent?"
On the other hand, I have seen investigators (police officers) work very hard to get at the truth. They know the neighborhoods and the people who live in them intimately. They know which parent actually follows the parenting classes and which parent is secretly killing their children' bodies and souls.
Why does it seem that the parents who really care are the ones who lose their children to the system, and the ones who couldn't care less are the ones rewarded with custody? I place the blame squarely on the gaurdians ad litem (who are volunteer power-trippers) and the judges who are so busy being the All Powerful Oz that they have no time to truly look at what is going on. "We'll give you one more chance" should become a litany of "We gave you 1 chance and you blew it. This child is too precious to allow you to continue to have control over their lives and future. parental rights are terminated!"
And for God's sake, get rid of those GALs. They are an evil and dangerous part of the system.
Ronald

United States

#13 Nov 28, 2007
Zoompad wrote:
The secret Family Courts are far too busy stealing children from GOOD parents (preferably those who have blond hair and blue eyes, but nice looking brunette children are also very desirable) to help neglected and abused black children. It's a disgrace and the same thing is happening here in the UK.
Read the attached link from this same indy star with all the problems associated with raising children in poverty and explain how anyone can be so selfish as to let this continue to happen.
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...

BTW Jesus was not born into poverty, he was not homeless. Mary had a home as did Joseph and he had solid employment. The only reason Jesus was born in a manger is because they were traveling to a census and the inn they had money to pay to stay in was full.
Sarge

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Nov 28, 2007
Only the Star would find a way to blame Gov Daniels on this....Pathetic....Geuss what, he is still going to be re-elected so stop manufacturing these type of stories...
Agreeable today

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Nov 28, 2007
JJM wrote:
The entire system (Great Society) is a failure! Paying "poor" women to reproduce and shack-up with lazy men (taht are products of the welfare state) is a complete failure. We need to stop the foolishness and end welfare.
I AGREE. GOV't FAILS AGAIN.
Daniels Failed

AOL

#16 Nov 28, 2007
More child deaths in 2006 under Daniels than 2004? Did the Annie E. Casey Foundation take the award back? They SHOULD have. This is just another example of Mitch Daniels giving lip service to a problem but not being competent enough to actually improve things. This time, tragically, the problem has gotten WORSE! NO doubt he's spending more money than was previously spent, too, but you'll never read about that in the Star!
THINK ABOUT IT

Greenfield, IN

#17 Nov 28, 2007
Ronald wrote:
Though I agree that our system is broke and needs to be fixed ... other than that the rest of your statement makes you sound like an very unintelagent person. Their are a lot of poor famlies who take care of their children don't judge all.
THINK ABOUT IT

Greenfield, IN

#18 Nov 28, 2007
Bigoted system wrote:
I've seen some of the cases that go through the courts regarding child welfare. The guardians ad litem (GAL) tend to be the dumbest people who ever walked the earth, given the very serious job of looking out for the child's welfare and instead bonding with whichever adult makes them the most comfortable. Social/child welfare workers have terrible attittudes and act as if the parents or guardians are too stupid to know how to love a child. Just being politically incorrect can get your child taken from your home faster than you can say "who's the parent?"
On the other hand, I have seen investigators (police officers) work very hard to get at the truth. They know the neighborhoods and the people who live in them intimately. They know which parent actually follows the parenting classes and which parent is secretly killing their children' bodies and souls.
Why does it seem that the parents who really care are the ones who lose their children to the system, and the ones who couldn't care less are the ones rewarded with custody? I place the blame squarely on the gaurdians ad litem (who are volunteer power-trippers) and the judges who are so busy being the All Powerful Oz that they have no time to truly look at what is going on. "We'll give you one more chance" should become a litany of "We gave you 1 chance and you blew it. This child is too precious to allow you to continue to have control over their lives and future. parental rights are terminated!"
And for God's sake, get rid of those GALs. They are an evil and dangerous part of the system.
WELL SAID!!!
ALCAZN

Covington, KY

#19 Nov 28, 2007
foster mom wrote:
I cared for Tajanay for 2 months after she was removed from the Springfield's home, before she was placed back with her mother for a 30 day in home trial.....She was the sweetest child I have ever been with. So happy and full of life. She was smart!
Prayers are going out to this little ones' family...her REAL family that has been taking care of her...not the poor excuse of a mother she had.

I was blessed with knowing this child through the most recent foster parents. Tajanay always had a smile on her face...and was the sweetest child. She thrived in their home. There were many who loved this little girl.

Rest in Peace, TaTa...you will be missed.
Roger

Goldsmith, IN

#20 Nov 28, 2007
Daniels Failed wrote:
More child deaths in 2006 under Daniels than 2004? Did the Annie E. Casey Foundation take the award back? They SHOULD have. This is just another example of Mitch Daniels giving lip service to a problem but not being competent enough to actually improve things. This time, tragically, the problem has gotten WORSE! NO doubt he's spending more money than was previously spent, too, but you'll never read about that in the Star!
Typical. Blame someone or something else besides personal responsiblilty.

“Your Gods' Rules not mine.”

Since: Apr 07

Indianapolis

#21 Nov 28, 2007
When are we going to stop fooling ourselves? Biology should never be the 1st factor in deciding where a child lives. Ability, caring, extended family support, these should be the top criteria. Just because you can lay on your back and spread your legs doesn't mean you are fit to be a mother. The system fails.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 23
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Snakes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should you buy your Child a Pet Snake? (Jan '10) Apr '16 Awesome dude54 48
News Snakes, other reptiles, fill expo in Brentwood (Oct '15) Oct '15 sun sun 1
News John Martinez, Alligator Wrestler on Gator Boys... (Sep '13) Sep '15 Beachlifer 107
News Teen accused of using knife to slash tail of pe... (Aug '13) Nov '14 Zeta Killa 10
Fierce Snake/Indian taipan (Oct '13) Oct '13 Biology Student 1
News Snake update: 8-foot boa still missing in Noble... (Sep '13) Sep '13 christofer moore 4
News Pet Snake Ban Long Overdue (Feb '10) Sep '13 Former Herper 11
More from around the web