Rat bleeding
Ellbie

Cape Coral, FL

#1 Dec 5, 2012
My rat, who is a year and a half, had bled quite a lot from the pelvic region. I think it happened very suddenly - earlier in the day before I went to work she was herself, then later that night I went to feed her and she was going very slowly. I noticed blood in her cage and checked her out; it was almost as though she had gotten a period. Now this is my first pet rat but I know they don't get that.. I took her to the vet first thing in the morning and they're trying some antibiotics, but she may need to be spayed. Has anyone had this problem before and what was the outcome? She is still eating, just very slowly, and drinking plenty of water. She will still climb up the side of her cage, and she comes out if I call her, but again very slowly. She keeps doing this thing where she stretches her sides/hind legs.. I can't explain it very well but she's never done it before. Anyway, I'm very worried about her, I know she's getting older but of course I want to do whatever I can :(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pet Rats Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
my pet rat just recently started nipping at me (Aug '08) Jun 14 LaJess 47
curled tail in rats? (Oct '07) May 30 devanaerys 23
My rat May '16 cbj 1
Basic Toys for Pet Rats? Apr '16 Gabby Hayes 1
My normally friendly rat has been biting me (Feb '09) Mar '16 caitlyn 49
Biting rat Mar '16 Emtg47 1
Please help me Mar '16 Rathelp 1
More from around the web