Vet school offers rabbit advice

Vet school offers rabbit advice

There are 3 comments on the BBC story from Jun 28, 2007, titled Vet school offers rabbit advice. In it, BBC reports that:

“Rabbits are complex pets to keep. If owners know the symptoms the risk can be reduced”

A campaign to help pet rabbit owners recognise the warning signs of an often fatal condition has been launched. via BBC

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BBC.

Nicole

Australia

#1 Jun 30, 2007
Hello we have a young rabbit who has been living mostly inside since it was very small
It is a fluffy rabbit and used to get a bit messy so my daughter gave it a bath in warm water. recently I have noticed that its coat is very matted is this normal. I did start brushing her but now find that it is usless as ther are nots all over. Have we done anything wrong and would this of happened in the wild or if it was kept outside?
Regards Nicole bunny lover.

“My Three Rabbits!!!!!”

Since: Jan 08

NZ RULES!!!

#2 Mar 15, 2008
You are doing nothing wrong. If your rabbit has long hair it will get matted, that is just what happends you can get brushes that will help. I was told that the combs you use for lice are really good for that! In the winter their coats do get a little longer witch will make it harder. In the summer it may get easier. When rabbits get older though they do not groom themselves as offen or as well.

“My Three Rabbits!!!!!”

Since: Jan 08

NZ RULES!!!

#3 Mar 15, 2008
I am not a vet but I read that in a book when we got our Mini Lop that has really long fur. And I got told about the comb!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rabbits Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
youtube (Mar '16) Mar '16 god 1
if you love rabbits go to youtube & enter meat ... (Aug '15) Aug '15 god 1
News Own a rabbit? Help us mark awareness week (May '15) Jul '15 god 2
News 41 bunnies need homes after fire (Mar '14) May '15 Michel 5
News Ukiah police and fire log: Thursday, Oct. 23, 2014 (Oct '14) Oct '14 Here Is One 1
News Vets' concerns over lonely and miserable rabbit... (Oct '14) Oct '14 god 1
go to youtube/rabbitbutchering if you want to see (Oct '14) Oct '14 god 1
More from around the web