Scottish News: Scotland's biggest hor...

Scottish News: Scotland's biggest horse selected to carry drums for the Household Cavalry

There are 2 comments on the The Daily Record story from Apr 2, 2010, titled Scottish News: Scotland's biggest horse selected to carry drums for the Household Cavalry. In it, The Daily Record reports that:

SCOTLAND's biggest horse has been handpicked to become the Queen's top nag. Digger the Clydesdale stands nine feet tall and is 19 hands high at his withers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Record.

“Read it, you'll like it.”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1 Apr 5, 2010
Let's see this guy. A 19 hand Clyde is awesome. I'm surprised they didn't include the obligitory "large horse being held by small wo/man taken from a low camera angle" photo.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#2 Dec 2, 2010
Yeah, let's see a photo! My draft is 17 hands and that's scary enough for me. A horse that's 8" higher than that is downright frightening! I want one!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Horse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Horse and Carriage Parade to hel... (May '13) May 12 hope 24
News 81 Horses Move Forward After Final Horse Inspec... Nov '16 Bill 1
News Wilson sisters tame wild horses (Oct '16) Oct '16 BONDI INDABAG 1
News The Gift of Midas gives back to equine genetic ... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Stephany McDowell 2
News 'Canadian Million' Races Set for Woodbine (Aug '16) Aug '16 Goody 1
News Petition to ban rodeos in NZ received at Parlia... (Mar '16) Mar '16 USA R0CKS 9
News Clydesdales meet their adoring public (Dec '15) Dec '15 Thousands Ride 1
More from around the web