Illinois man finds buyers in Asia for...

Illinois man finds buyers in Asia for Clydesdales

There are 7 comments on the The Times story from Jun 18, 2011, titled Illinois man finds buyers in Asia for Clydesdales. In it, The Times reports that:

Mr. Liu is one happy guy. Phil Farrell is one happy guy, too. Farrell has returned from two weeks in Mr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times.

Horse Lover

Atlanta, GA

#1 Jun 19, 2011
Are you sure these folks are going to use them as a food source?
Nameguy

Hutchinson, MN

#2 Jul 10, 2011
Not to be morbid, but what if they are? If they bought them they can probably do whatever. Not sure of the animal abuse laws in 'Asia'. Although I'm certain that your post was a thinly veiled racsist joke.
Horse Lover

Hampton, GA

#3 Jul 11, 2011
Not thinly veiled anything.I feel the same way about sending any of our horses anywhere that
slaughter is the end result when the horse has been used up.Even if is to my next door neighbors house.
Please let's not play the racists game.It has nothing to do with what I feel about these wonderful animals being sent to a horrible end anywhere.
deb

Wilmington, IL

#4 Jul 12, 2011
Kentucky Derby winner Ferdinand had a brilliant career on the racetrack and when retired to stud eventually ended up Japan at a breeding operation there. When he was deemed of no monitary value to the siring of racehorses he was slaughtered to be consumed for their meat. Horse meat is a delicacy in Asia.
If this can happen to a Kentucky Derby winner, it can happen to any horse.
jenny

Los Osos, CA

#6 Aug 23, 2011
Horse Lover wrote:
Are you sure these folks are going to use them as a food source?
exactly! they eat everything, including dogs and cats there discusting!
jenny

Los Osos, CA

#7 Aug 23, 2011
I saw once on the history channel, they were breeding a extra large dogs for meat! they make me sick! since i am a animal lover,expecially horses!
Well

East Saint Louis, IL

#8 Sep 25, 2011
You eat poultry that goes though one of the most miserable lives imaginable regularly.

Dogs and horses are a long standing traditional source of food in the world.

STFU.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Horse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Petition to ban rodeos in NZ received at Parlia... Mar '16 USA R0CKS 9
News Clydesdales meet their adoring public (Dec '15) Dec '15 Thousands Ride 1
News Deadline fast approaching for Christmas parade (Nov '15) Nov '15 Downtown Tupelo 17
News Ontario Farmer (Nov '15) Nov '15 who really cares 1
News {0} comment (Aug '15) Aug '15 lqq 1
News Budweiser Clydesdales coming to Fort Myers (Feb '15) Feb '15 dwnhat 2
News Budweiser Clydesdales coming to Columbus Dec.10... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Will Dockery 2
More from around the web