Arcata residents prepared for planned PG&E power outage

Full story: Eureka Times Standard

A few years ago on New Year's Eve, the power went out unexpectedly for Sunny Brae resident Jesus Trejo, and he ended up having to take a cold shower.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
on the Bay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

Such negativity is truly a reflection of yourself- have fun with that...
Powers is all ready on

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

The Real Bubba Joe wrote:
I'll bet every rental yard in the county is out of generators. Can't have those grows go without lights now can we? I wonder if gallegos is going to require PGandE to cover any of the pot losses related to this power outage.
If you would of read the story you would of seen were Dons Rental still had half there generators.
Powers is all ready on

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

Umm wrote:
As a McKinleyville resident running on battery power, it seems the TS is saying another big F-U to McKinleyville. Arcata residents prepared for planned PG&E power outage? How poor can your journalistic skills be? Are we McK residents then, uhh, unprepared?
Typical TS BS anything to do with the Arcata Hippies they will post everyone else can go to HELL. I hate the Times Sub Standard
Hella

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

But dude! You can't turn my power off! I have a 215 card, thats unconstitutional!
Frank Rizzo

Santa Rosa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

PG&E wouldn't have to be doing all this "upgrade" if the dope growers were not overloading all the electrical equipment in the first place.
ahddub

Berkeley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

Yeah, what lousy reporting. Do we get to hear from PG&E or do we just not care what they have to say? No Mack-town reportage, no mention of the pot grows, no mention of the Blackout events and parties that happened.
The Sub-Standard strikes again...
YeY GeY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

Hella wrote:
But dude! You can't turn my power off! I have a 215 card, thats unconstitutional!
Ya I have a 215 card that I got in LA which helps my itchy weenier.
anonymous

Garberville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

Read the article in the North Coast Journal last week about the monumental electricity DRAIN on our system from all of the URBAN INDUSTRIAL GROW HOUSES in Arcata. The authors provided ALL of the legit stats on the spike.
All of those boutique urban "enviro's" are the CAUSE of this monumentally destructive practice and winkler/glass/loveless facilitate it.......
humboldt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

of course greenviews going to stay open , over charge on their calculator and sell to minors , its a fact
My Gun is Happy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

My Gun is Happy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

Umm

Santa Rosa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

Coverage of the fire in McKinleyville in the early, early evening would have been nice. Must all news wait for a press release?
FrankM

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

That sounds like the proud narrow minded view of a "Humboldt Native" who has never been anywhere or done anything in life.
HumboldNATIVE wrote:
Hippies and ni iggers, I hate them both.
the sky is falling run

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

Warm Fire, Blow up Beds in the Living room, LED Flashlights, Lots of Snacks, Need For speed on my Phone, Books and Nintendo DS for the kids....

What more would you need to be the "Most Prepared" person in Arc/Mck area?

I laugh at the folks here who make such a big deal about nothing. I live in arcata, I don't Grow and I take a shower.

People have Issues realizing that they have been programmed to be Stereo Typing fools.
Koalabear2525

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

it,s time to get some generators for another bad day and also get some heavy electric cords to plug in stuff, just do not over load every thing .
stingerhawk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

if you would have read other articles about this you would see that they had to replace stuff that was at the end of its use full life
ARCATA RESIDENT

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

The Real Bubba Joe wrote:
I'll bet every rental yard in the county is out of generators. Can't have those grows go without lights now can we? I wonder if gallegos is going to require PGandE to cover any of the pot losses related to this power outage.
To the very real and unkind Bubba Joe

I have read your post for a long time and you are always mean spirited and down right negative . Could you please consider a little kindness and love .

Grammar is hard

Adelanto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

Powers is all ready on wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would of read the story you would of seen were Dons Rental still had half there generators.
Oh yes! Classic. I can actually hear that spit of tobaccy hitting the tin. You are a champion!!
Enough already

Adelanto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

Powers is all ready on wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical TS BS anything to do with the Arcata Hippies they will post everyone else can go to HELL. I hate the Times Sub Standard
And yet, here you are reading it and commenting. I bet you hate that you're gay every time you go down.
Dirt Movin Man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

Enough already wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, here you are reading it and commenting. I bet you hate that you're gay every time you go down.
Or they will reach UP and grab your nuts and squeeze, they love that, such hippiee dirt bags!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fish Discussions

Search the Fish Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
what type of fish do you want (Nov '11) Mar '14 Ryan 3
How to cycle a freshwater aquarium. (Oct '10) Mar '14 Ryan 2
Vet says pets are what they eat (Apr '07) Mar '14 Ryan 20
Classroom Pets (Sep '10) Jan '14 Dnarg Lort 38
My video (Dec '13) Dec '13 spill it 1
A Pet's Paradise (Apr '09) Nov '12 just me 3
Nazi in a tank: Pet fish looks a bowl lot like ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 lida 1
•••
•••