Can a spayed female dog produce milk ?

Posted in the Dogs Forum

the dogger

Takanini, New Zealand

#1 Jan 5, 2010
I have a spayed female shepherd who i want to help a friends puppys.Is she able to produce milk if i Just let them try to suckle off her.I know that an unspayed female WILL produce milk if a pup suckles off her
madds

Topeka, KS

#2 May 8, 2011
my dog is feeding orphaned kittens and she has been spayed over a year.
Fiona

San Diego, CA

#3 May 14, 2011
I want my dog to be able to do that but with puppies
brook

Fort Worth, TX

#4 May 16, 2011
Fiona wrote:
I want my dog to be able to do that but with puppies
i got my boston terrier to nurse 7 pitbull pups n she iz also spayed it should work! wish u the best of luck
sarah lee

Sydney, Australia

#5 Jun 25, 2011
how would you get her to produce milk
jum jim

Springville, UT

#6 Jun 29, 2011
We are going to get a puppy and already have a dachshund. I want to see if my spayed dach. will produce milk for the 3wk pup
Banjo the wolf pup

San Antonio, TX

#7 Jul 23, 2011
My min pinsher mix is spayed and i adopted a 5month pup but he wants milk i feel bad cuz he was abused and found a stray and he tries to nurse off her. Can she make milk?
Rita

Port Jefferson, NY

#8 Feb 13, 2012
No.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#9 Mar 28, 2012
A spayed dog can not produce milk.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#10 Apr 24, 2012
MJane1031 wrote:
A spayed dog can not produce milk.
Neither does your old lady but her tits are still fun to suck.
sharon

Hood River, OR

#11 May 7, 2012
well if a spayed dog can not produce milk i wish you would tell my just spayed girl as of last week that as she is now loaded with milk and has never been bred so the answer is Yes they can. I am saying that spaying her messed with hormones and threw her glands into action

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#12 May 21, 2012
sharon wrote:
well if a spayed dog can not produce milk i wish you would tell my just spayed girl as of last week that as she is now loaded with milk and has never been bred so the answer is Yes they can. I am saying that spaying her messed with hormones and threw her glands into action
This could be an infection. GO TO A VET!
Momma_Shorty06

Clarksburg, WV

#13 Apr 8, 2013
I have a 7 year old pit bull who just recently started producing a white liquid,which looks like milk, out of her breast and she was spayed a month ago. I'm not sure if this is possible but a few days later I had to go to the hospital for a c-section. We just brought her home about a week ago and I just noticed her producing a milk-like liquid. I believe that she started producing this liquid because she has been around my newborn son. This has me wondering so I'm gonna call her vet tomorrow and see if that is possible. I'll post what the vet said as soon as possible
Doujac

Eckington, UK

#14 Apr 16, 2013
jum jim wrote:
We are going to get a puppy and already have a dachshund. I want to see if my spayed dach. will produce milk for the 3wk pup
I have just had my mini longhaired dachshund spayed and she is producing milk. If your spayed bitch has had a litter herself then she may produce milk.
vonnie

Del Rio, TX

#15 Jul 15, 2013
Just had my dog spayed last thrusday 7-11-13. she never had puppies and only had 1 period in her life before spaying Vet never told me she would produce milk, Is this natural and okay? she's only 7 months old. her breast are swollon Please can anyone tell me if this is okay and normal Thank!!!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#16 Jul 16, 2013
I think a spayed female dog is not able to produce milk. All mammals including humans can only produce milk when they are expecting.
MsTorres

Sierra Vista, AZ

#17 Nov 19, 2013
njpetservicesdirectory wrote:
I think a spayed female dog is not able to produce milk. All mammals including humans can only produce milk when they are expecting.
Did you fail history or something. Back in the day Rich White folks hired or just used their slaves as wet nurses. They were not expecting nor had they just had a baby. All a female needs is about 3 days of repetitious suckling on the breast and they will produce milk. Look it up.
Beady is a Rock Spider

Australia

#18 Jan 30, 2014
Ask Raw Milk Australia he'll know
vcnccvm

Bothell, WA

#19 Jun 1, 2014
the dogger wrote:
I have a spayed female shepherd who i want to help a friends puppys.Is she able to produce milk if i Just let them try to suckle off her.I know that an unspayed female WILL produce milk if a pup suckles off her
yes they can they dont take away there milk
vcnccvm

Bothell, WA

#20 Jun 1, 2014
yes they can give milk they do not take away there milk it just prevents them from having puppy's

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dogs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My dog had puppies a week ago and she is non-st... (Nov '07) Dec 14 Jada fowler 7
Looking for a female boxer to breed my 2 male b... (Aug '11) Dec 7 ulucio86 45
Tips To Make Your Pet Dog Happy When You Go Tri... Nov 23 Tycoon 1
Are English Bulldogs dangerous? (Nov '08) Nov 23 john 51
European vets were caught on camera creating fa... Nov '14 NoT CooL 1
cream white pug puppies for sale Nov '14 herps 1
DOGS: The one constant thread in my life has be... Nov '14 Born without a tail 3
More from around the web