Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2007

Judged:

lets ban these KILLERS before they maul more of our Children..they are good for nothing except mauling people and kids...david
George

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2007

Judged:

OMG! I jumped on top of a car since some old country bama didnt have a leash and that ignoriant ghetto slop said it was a puppy,and i jumpd on top of a car and had a leg crap for 1 whole hour maybe we should just give them to the philipinos so they can eat dinner LOL im just kiding i hope i dint ofend any pitbulls LOL no serisluey im kiding
dave

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2007

George wrote:
OMG! I jumped on top of a car since some old country bama didnt have a leash and that ignoriant ghetto slop said it was a puppy,and i jumpd on top of a car and had a leg crap for 1 whole hour maybe we should just give them to the philipinos so they can eat dinner LOL im just kiding i hope i dint ofend any pitbulls LOL no serisluey im kiding
or the vietnamese
George

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2007

dave wrote:
<quoted text>or the vietnamese
LMAO Or Kahn syonsonpoun from Laos and mr.wang from korea LOL
dave

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2007

Judged:

George wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO Or Kahn syonsonpoun from Laos and mr.wang from korea LOL
yea..as long as we get rid of these KILLERS..dave

“Shhhhsh I'm sleeping”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2007

Judged:

Why don't we get rid of the kids and keep the dogs?

“Im baaaaaack!!!!!!! !”

Since: Jan 07

Philadelphia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2007

Judged:

OMG!!!! There are no bad dogs, just bad owners. My neighbor's aunt had to get rid of a cocker spaniel because it bit a 3 year old and someone I work with got rid of his black lab because after his wife had a baby it kept getting agressive with the kid. I own a pit bull and he is the biggest baby you'd ever see, but people part the sidewalk when they see us comming. I used to have the same fear until I got a pit, but they are sweet gentle and loving dogs. It's the owners that make them mean or fight them, making them agressive. My pit plays with a 2 yesr old that lives across the street and I have all the confidence in the world he wouldn't hurt that tyke. You people dont know what the he!! you're talking about!!!
dave

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2007

Judged:

Ms Misha 77 wrote:
OMG!!!! There are no bad dogs, just bad owners. My neighbor's aunt had to get rid of a cocker spaniel because it bit a 3 year old and someone I work with got rid of his black lab because after his wife had a baby it kept getting agressive with the kid. I own a pit bull and he is the biggest baby you'd ever see, but people part the sidewalk when they see us comming. I used to have the same fear until I got a pit, but they are sweet gentle and loving dogs. It's the owners that make them mean or fight them, making them agressive. My pit plays with a 2 yesr old that lives across the street and I have all the confidence in the world he wouldn't hurt that tyke. You people dont know what the he!! you're talking about!!!
you let that dog around a 2 year old???the police needs to be called and you arrested for child endangerment..these doge are sooo unpredictable, they can be sweet and just GO OFF for no reason...BAN THESE KILLERS..david
George

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2007

Judged:

Ms Misha 77 wrote:
Are you a hipye

“Im baaaaaack!!!!!!! !”

Philadelphia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2007

Judged:

dave wrote:
<quoted text>
you let that dog around a 2 year old???the police needs to be called and you arrested for child endangerment..these doge are sooo unpredictable, they can be sweet and just GO OFF for no reason...BAN THESE KILLERS..david

Your reply just shows how ignorant you are about the breed. These dogs are very loyal to their owners and will do what the owners want to please them. If a pit bull is agressive, then it's owner has taught him to be that way and it may be working off the cues he was given. My pit bull is gentle and I have raised him to be so. If we go out and I tell him to put down a piece of paper he has piked up, he puts it down. If I tell him to stop walking fast and slow down, he slows down. You just have to train them correctly. Pit bulls are the favorite breed of Caesar Milan, the "Dog Whisperer".

In fact, pit bulls score higher on temperament tests than retrievers do.
George wrote:
<quoted text>Are you a hipye
I'm not a hippie, are you? You are the one that comes ffrom the SF area, are you gay too?

Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Shhhhsh I'm sleeping”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2007

Judged:

Loyalty or not, these dogs are massive animals and ownership needs to be subject to some type of ownership training. Maybe all owners of dogs need to attend some type of classes.

I see so many dogs chained by dog houses winter and summer living sad lives. It's the owner that needs to be banned if they can't treat their animals with respect and consideration.

We have to take a test ot drive cars why not to own pets?

“Im baaaaaack!!!!!!! !”

Philadelphia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2007

Judged:

john henry wrote:
Loyalty or not, these dogs are massive animals and ownership needs to be subject to some type of ownership training. Maybe all owners of dogs need to attend some type of classes.
I see so many dogs chained by dog houses winter and summer living sad lives. It's the owner that needs to be banned if they can't treat their animals with respect and consideration.
We have to take a test ot drive cars why not to own pets?
My dog is an indoor dog and is fully house trained. This is quite an accomplishment for an 80lb. pit bull and it speaks volumes to his temperament and disposition.

I agree. These dogs are, by no means, low maintenance. My boyfriend got ours and he used to be a breeder. Even though he has had several pit bulls that he has taken care of in the past, I still went out and bought several books on the care and training of the breed.

When owners dont take the time out to get educated, problems usually do occur. This happens with ANY breed.
dave

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2007

Judged:

Ms Misha 77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reply just shows how ignorant you are about the breed. These dogs are very loyal to their owners and will do what the owners want to please them. If a pit bull is agressive, then it's owner has taught him to be that way and it may be working off the cues he was given. My pit bull is gentle and I have raised him to be so. If we go out and I tell him to put down a piece of paper he has piked up, he puts it down. If I tell him to stop walking fast and slow down, he slows down. You just have to train them correctly. Pit bulls are the favorite breed of Caesar Milan, the "Dog Whisperer".
<quoted text>
I'm not a hippie, are you? You are the one that comes ffrom the SF area, are you gay too?
Watch this video:
you are one STUPID lady, in a lot of states, alaw has been passed that if you leave a pitt alone with a child less than 12, you are arrested and charged with child endanderment..there is a reason for this, these dogs can go off in a heart beat, no matter how they have been trained..
We need to outlaw these KILLERS before more of our children are MAULED and KILLED...david

“Shhhhsh I'm sleeping”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2007

Judged:

http://www.articles2k.com/article/92/154553/W...

One suprising conclusion of several studies is the fact that many varieties of dogs have been involved in a fatal human attack for one reason or another. Topping the list of deaths by dog in a twenty year period is the Pit Bull and Pit Bull mix at 66 human deaths. The Rottweiler and Rottweiler mix was responsibe for 39 human deaths. The German Shepherd dog and mix were responsible for 17 human deaths. The Husky type dog was responsible for 15 human deaths as was the Malamute responsible for 12 human deaths. The Chow Chow was responsible for 8 deaths while the Doberman was responsible for 9 human deaths. The Saint Bernard was responsible for 7 human deaths and the Great Dane was also responsible for 7 deaths. The Akita killed 4 people, the Bulldog 2, the Mastiff 2, the Boxer 2 and believe it or not the Labrador Retriever was responsible for 1 death while Lab mixes were responsible for 4 deaths. The following dogs were responsible for killing one human each during these twenty years: The Bullmastiff, Cheasapeake Bay Retriever, West Highland Terrier, Japanese Hunting Dog, Newfoundland, Coonhound, Sheepdog, Rhodesian Ridgeback and cocker Spaniel.

The conclusion that I make from this study is that almost any dog of size can be dangerous, particularly to children. Dogs must be properly trained, supervised, and care must be taken when choosing a breed with the propensity to be aggressive. Most important, keep young children away from male, sexually intact, chained dogs.

Any dog can kill! Responsible ownership is the answer or the total banning of most breeds! I'll take the first option.
dave

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2007

Judged:

john henry wrote:
http://www.articles2k.com/arti cle/92/154553/Which_Dog_Breeds _Are_More_Likely_To_Kill_Peopl e/
One suprising conclusion of several studies is the fact that many varieties of dogs have been involved in a fatal human attack for one reason or another. Topping the list of deaths by dog in a twenty year period is the Pit Bull and Pit Bull mix at 66 human deaths. The Rottweiler and Rottweiler mix was responsibe for 39 human deaths. The German Shepherd dog and mix were responsible for 17 human deaths. The Husky type dog was responsible for 15 human deaths as was the Malamute responsible for 12 human deaths. The Chow Chow was responsible for 8 deaths while the Doberman was responsible for 9 human deaths. The Saint Bernard was responsible for 7 human deaths and the Great Dane was also responsible for 7 deaths. The Akita killed 4 people, the Bulldog 2, the Mastiff 2, the Boxer 2 and believe it or not the Labrador Retriever was responsible for 1 death while Lab mixes were responsible for 4 deaths. The following dogs were responsible for killing one human each during these twenty years: The Bullmastiff, Cheasapeake Bay Retriever, West Highland Terrier, Japanese Hunting Dog, Newfoundland, Coonhound, Sheepdog, Rhodesian Ridgeback and cocker Spaniel.
The conclusion that I make from this study is that almost any dog of size can be dangerous, particularly to children. Dogs must be properly trained, supervised, and care must be taken when choosing a breed with the propensity to be aggressive. Most important, keep young children away from male, sexually intact, chained dogs.
Any dog can kill! Responsible ownership is the answer or the total banning of most breeds! I'll take the first option.
a lot of breeds can kill, but look at the stats, the bit bull is by far the worst..these are killers and must be banned, a lot of states are considering this matter, about time, we have lost enough human life to these vicious animals..david

“Shhhhsh I'm sleeping”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2007

Judged:

The statistics on parents who kill their kids vary, measured on different scales, gauging not only infanticide but other social ills as well. The FBI's most recent statistics indicate that in 1992, 662 children under the age of five were murdered. Ernest Allen, president of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, estimates that about two-thirds of those victims were killed by one or both of their parents.

These figures, however, do not tell the whole story. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services calculates that in 1992 about 1,100 children died from abuse or neglect.

Maybe we should ban parents instead!!

Dave,

I know that you are concerned about Pit Bulls and your right that people should be. They are very strong and can be dangerous, but banning them takes away the rights of people who love and care for the breed. In the statistics about dogs killing humans, over a twenty year period only 66 people were killed. Think how many Pit Bulls that there were in America over a twenty year period. There had to be thousands upon thousands and only 66 of them killed people. Are you sure that banning Pit Bulls is the only way??
George

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2007

Ms Misha 77 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Watch this video:
um yhea thanks for going to the trouble to find that for me....anyyyyy ways what the hell kind of person lets a kid play with a pitbull.
dave

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2007

Judged:

john henry wrote:
The statistics on parents who kill their kids vary, measured on different scales, gauging not only infanticide but other social ills as well. The FBI's most recent statistics indicate that in 1992, 662 children under the age of five were murdered. Ernest Allen, president of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, estimates that about two-thirds of those victims were killed by one or both of their parents.
These figures, however, do not tell the whole story. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services calculates that in 1992 about 1,100 children died from abuse or neglect.
Maybe we should ban parents instead!!
Dave,
I know that you are concerned about Pit Bulls and your right that people should be. They are very strong and can be dangerous, but banning them takes away the rights of people who love and care for the breed. In the statistics about dogs killing humans, over a twenty year period only 66 people were killed. Think how many Pit Bulls that there were in America over a twenty year period. There had to be thousands upon thousands and only 66 of them killed people. Are you sure that banning Pit Bulls is the only way??
I only have one thing to say about this..........
What about the rights of people these animals have KILLED and Mauled u notice i said animals, i love dogs and i don't consider these killer animals dogs, i won,t disrespect the K9s with this..david

“Shhhhsh I'm sleeping”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2007

dave wrote:
<quoted text>
I only have one thing to say about this..........
What about the rights of people these animals have KILLED and Mauled u notice i said animals, i love dogs and i don't consider these killer animals dogs, i won,t disrespect the K9s with this..david
It is a terrible thing when any animal kills a person and if the stats showed that one out of ten or even one out of one thousand of these dogs killed a human I would agree on a ban. However, we are probably talking one out of every million dogs that kill. With stats this high I think that this falls within the term of accident, not intent.

Let me ask you a question. Have you ever owned a pit bull? My son has two, a male and a female, and they are both very gentle.

As a matter of fact if you read about these animals you'll find that most are gentle, toward humans. The reason, I have read, is exactly because of their size and strength. As this breed developed the owners found that the ones who were aggressive to humans were to much to handle, so they were put down. This meant that only the ones that were gentle with humans survived and reproduced.

I agree with you that with any dog of this size precautions should always be taken, I would never leave a young child around a pit, or any dog as far as that goes, most can turn nasty with children if mishandled.
Nicole-Marie

Madison, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2007

Judged:

I have a brindle pit bull which is right as of this minute pregnant with 12 pups. She not only is gentle and loving to me when I rub her belly, but is also gentle and kind to the children that come around to my house to play with her. She is an indoor family member-dog. I also have two cats which she helps to clean when they can't reach spots on their backs. I have a golden retriever as well, and as we all would assume, are "true" family dogs. Well not so true here. My golden decided about 8 months ago that she wanted my pit bulls toy, so she attacked my pit. Since then I have to keep them seperated due to the medical costs the golden caused. I also asked my vet if the stats were true about pit bulls being the most to kill/injure humans, and they said not so true. It's is just that they are the main ones to be reported. Most animal owners that have had dogs that have turned are shot by their owners and burried before they are able to have charges brought against them. Unless you experience this first hand do not judge pits as being bad. I once was attacked by my ex's chow, but I didn't go to the police, nor did I have it recoreded anywhere. So here are two obvious examples of different breeds attacking. And by the way Dave I live in SC too. We are one of the states with many pit bulls. And I LOVE it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,374
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Dogs Forum right now

Search the Dogs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Perfect Solid Blk Doberman Pinscher & Weimarane... 11 hr WeirdandBizarre 1
Romantic Wedding Night Tips 20 hr voguedress 1
Peaceful protest set for March 29 in memory of ... Apr 16 Bark Bark 11
We do offer original, high-quality anabolic ste... Apr 11 markdornad 1
Independent Shar-Pei make loyal pets, owners say (Nov '08) Apr 9 Robyn Nivens 17
LETTER: Keep your dogs out of stores Apr 8 flbadcatowner 3
My dog won't eat. I need advice. HELP!! (Jan '07) Apr 5 Aussie slapper 248
•••
•••
•••
•••