dog barking
willtryanything

New Britain, CT

#1 Jul 23, 2013
I have a maltipoo who I just got - at three years old.he is very lovable when I am alone with him-however, my friend comes over every afternoon for 2 hours or so, and brings her poodle. they get along well and play nicely; however, my dog barks continuously even while playing.
when I first got him about 2 months ago, he would bring his toy over to me and bark continuously until I threw it. I stopped him from doing that and he brings the toy over and does not bark any more for me to throw it.
another thing is that when I have to put is collar on to go for his walk, he runs away, and barks. I cannot catch him while he is running from me in the house. then finally, he will ever so slowly creep up and I can them put his collar on. but this is every day and every time I put his collar on.
the last few days I have just said, we are not going out when he runs away. I am not sure if that is the thing to do.
has anyone had experience of this sort?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dogs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make boxer to mate with my female boxer!! (Apr '15) Sun Jayboogie2102 5
My dog had puppies a week ago and she is non-st... (Nov '07) Jun 17 Pitbull mom 13
Male and Female golden retriever for free adoption (Mar '12) Jun 4 Evie 38
News Woman 'Devastated' Her Dog Was Mistakenly Adopt... May '16 Ldarrell 16
My dog won't eat. I need advice. HELP!! (Jan '07) Apr '16 Ojibwa 264
News Secret Service: Man planned to kidnap first dog Apr '16 Jaimie 6
News Should cats be allowed oudoors? (Mar '09) Apr '16 CHENYAN 944
More from around the web