strawberry1love

United States

#42 Mar 13, 2008
violetlove22 wrote:
I'm studying to be a vet tech. and if your dog isn't eating the only thing to do is bring it imediately to a veterinarian...that is a serious thing and should be checked out...sarai if he isn't eating his food but he eats things like table scraps...you may want to just try other foods...my pit bull is SO picky when it comes to dry food....but unfortunately she needs to eat it for all the nutritients...it seems very cruel but what you should do is not feed your dog anything other than his dog food until he starts eating it....no treats..no people food...just his dog food...it may take him a day or 2 to give in but he will...
I have two six month staffordshire terrier/ boxer mixes and they both got neutered/ spayed a few days ago. The girl is doing fine. I mean it took a while for the drugs to wear off but shes back to herself but the male he's who i'm worried about. He was active as usual when we brought him home but for the past two days he hasn't touched his food, he started vomiting, no poop, nothing. He just sits there. He doesn't move anywhere and won't even run to us when we call him. What could possibly be wrong. He has lost so much weight. He normally has a huge appetite and is real playful, but he won't even play with his sister. Please, I reeeaaally need some HELP.
strawberry1love

United States

#43 Mar 13, 2008
I have two six month staffordshire terrier/ boxer mixes and they both got neutered/ spayed a few days ago. The girl is doing fine. I mean it took a while for the drugs to wear off but shes back to herself but the male he's who i'm worried about. He was active as usual when we brought him home but for the past two days he hasn't touched his food, he started vomiting, no poop, nothing. He just sits there. He doesn't move anywhere and won't even run to us when we call him. What could possibly be wrong. He has lost so much weight. He normally has a huge appetite and is real playful, but he won't even play with his sister. Please, I reeeaaally need some HELP.

“Myth: APBT's have locking jaws”

Since: Jan 08

Erie, PA

#44 Mar 14, 2008
strawberry1love wrote:
I'm sure he is feeling under the weather but his appetite should have picked up by now. Best thing for him to do is rest. If I were you I would contact my vet! Good Luck, poor baby!
moon123

Kitchener, Canada

#45 Apr 11, 2008
my 15yrold jack russel wont eat
moon123

Kitchener, Canada

#46 Apr 11, 2008
plz
WorriedLaPeiOwne r

United States

#47 Jun 19, 2008
I have a Labrador retreiver/ Shar Pei mix that is 1.5 years old.

Ever since he was a puppy he has had issues with not eating.

We have to force feed him bacon. BACON.

He has gone up to three months without eating.

When he he is force fed, he gains weight quickly, but becomes agressive to the point where he can no longer be fed this way.

When he doesn't eat he becomes confused, sheds abnormally, and becomes very agressive.

He has been tested by the vet and everything came back negative.

We don't know what to do short of putting him down because there's no reason for a dog with no health/dental problems to go three months without eating and actually take bacon, meatballs, hot dogs, Innova, etc. OUT of his bowl and lay it on the FLOOR.

Please, please help!!!
NICOLE

Tampa, FL

#48 Jun 20, 2008
please neuter your pit bull.
Ms Misha 77 wrote:
<quoted text>
After calling the vet again, he asked if there was afemale dog in heat that had regular contact with my dog. One of my dog's playmates up the street, in fact, was in heat. The vet said that if you have a male dog that it not fixed around a female in heat, they are sometimes affected by it. They dont eat, they become more agressive than noirmal, and/or seem lethargic.

“"In dog years, I'm dead."”

Since: Feb 08

Novato

#49 Jun 23, 2008
NICOLE wrote:
please neuter your pit bull.<quoted text>
male dogs can sense a female in heat up to 5 miles away. Many dogs die trying to get to females in heat. un-fixed dogs tend to get cancer more as well.
unless your a breeder there is no reason not to fix your dog. Your dog will be much happier in the long run.
Peggy

Lake Worth, FL

#50 Jun 24, 2008
My 11 week old Golden Retriever puppy got his shots on Friday. Since then he refuses to eat his dry food. He will eat dry treats and looks longingly at me when I'm eating. I wonder if the shots had anything to do with this radical change in his eating behavior. Before he did flips and jumps when I was taking his bowl to his feeding station.

Novato

#51 Jun 24, 2008
NICOLE wrote:
please neuter your pit bull.<quoted text>
nicole that last thing was not suppose to be a reply to you, sorry.

Novato

#52 Jun 24, 2008
Peggy wrote:
My 11 week old Golden Retriever puppy got his shots on Friday. Since then he refuses to eat his dry food. He will eat dry treats and looks longingly at me when I'm eating. I wonder if the shots had anything to do with this radical change in his eating behavior. Before he did flips and jumps when I was taking his bowl to his feeding station.
Call your vet right away. It might be nothing but it is very unusual for retrievers to be picky.
lucy

London, UK

#53 Jul 20, 2008
hi.i have a king charles spanial.and he will not eat any of his food,i have try'd every single brand of food from tin cans to packets to dry food and nothing.i started him on pro plan dry food and he didnt like them so i try'd him with diffrent stuff i gave a little of human food and he ate the lot now thats all he wants is my food i have try'd everything but he will still put his nose up to it.please can you help me i have had advice about times of putting food down but he can go weeks without food.if i put my human food down he eats it in seconds.so he is sterving himself please help me~~! if you have any advice please email me on lucyjadeevans@btinternet.com
OBJECTIVE

Pincher Creek, Canada

#54 Jul 22, 2008
to the owenrs of sick animals:

with all due respect guys... i love your concern for your animals, but for pete's sakes, if you have questions concerning sick and diseased animals, take them to a vet.

i have read some responses here with well meant intentions regarding illnesses, that are loaded with misinformation, that can be even more dangerous than doing nothing. please consult a professional.
colorado gal

Colorado Springs, CO

#55 Aug 12, 2008
My 18 month old Siberian Husky is losing weight...he is too thin. He is very active and playful and everything. Doesn't seem depressed or ill. Oh, and violetlove22, he has already been to the vet who told us to switch to Eukanuba Active. Before that, he ate Bil Jac. I see him eat, but he is not gaining. What will help Slate pack on some pounds?

Novato

#56 Aug 13, 2008
colorado gal wrote:
My 18 month old Siberian Husky is losing weight...he is too thin. He is very active and playful and everything. Doesn't seem depressed or ill. Oh, and violetlove22, he has already been to the vet who told us to switch to Eukanuba Active. Before that, he ate Bil Jac. I see him eat, but he is not gaining. What will help Slate pack on some pounds?
Try a different food. Eukanuba is suggested by vets because they are paid to do so. It is a very poor food. If you try a different one remember to switch very slowly. You might try a food that is higher in protein and possibly a little higher in fat. Here are a few suggestions .

EVO http://www.evopet.com/
I've tried this one. It is a good food and is high in protein and has no grain which is poison to most dogs.

Taste of the wild http://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com/
This is a very good food. My Great Dane who is exceptionally picky,lean, and sesitive to foods Loves this one and is gaining wait on it for the first time since we have had her.
I use to have her on a raw diet but she will no longer eat anything other than this food.

Premium edge http://www.premiumedgepetfood.com/
This food is ok too. They have a lot ov different choices and you could try puppy food for a bit to get the wait back up but be warned that it sometimes can cause nasty poo problems.

Good luck!!!!
and remember "if we could love the world half as much as our dogs love us there would be no problems."
janet

United States

#57 Aug 14, 2008
I have a 6 week old pit bull puppy that only eats can food but his stool is very loose, I try to feed him dry food but he just wont eat it, now he is loosing a lot of weight. I will be taking him next week to the vet, but what can I do until then?

Novato

#58 Aug 15, 2008
janet wrote:
I have a 6 week old pit bull puppy that only eats can food but his stool is very loose, I try to feed him dry food but he just wont eat it, now he is loosing a lot of weight. I will be taking him next week to the vet, but what can I do until then?
Have you tried to mix little bits of dry food in with the canned food? You can try a little more each time. That's How I get my dog to eat things she gets bred of. Mixing in stuff she really likes.
OBJECTIVE

Burnaby, Canada

#60 Aug 15, 2008
janet wrote:
a 6 week old pup dehydrating from diarrhea and losing weight, and you're talking about taking him to a vet "next week'? you should be taking him to a vet today.
OBJECTIVE

Burnaby, Canada

#61 Aug 15, 2008
janet wrote:
janet i'm still bothered by your post. most responsible "breeders' wean and sell their pups from at least 8 weeks.

you have a 6 week old pup - that is very possibly even younger than that - you have no idea if it was weaned onto solid food yet, you have no idea if it has worms or not, you have no idea if it is sick or not - pls take your pup to a vet today - walk in and sit until they help you.

Novato

#62 Aug 17, 2008
janet wrote:
Wow I over looked the 6 week thing first time around.
6 weeks is to early to seperate dogs from there parents . There is even some debate as to 8 weeks being ok. Certified breeders from countries where licenses are required often won't release a dog until it is 10-12 weeks. No fault of your sounds like you got the dog from someone who either dosen't know better or is not very responsible.
Any ways , yes please take your pup to a vet or you could loose him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dogs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My dog had puppies a week ago and she is non-st... (Nov '07) Dec 14 Jada fowler 7
Looking for a female boxer to breed my 2 male b... (Aug '11) Dec 7 ulucio86 45
Tips To Make Your Pet Dog Happy When You Go Tri... Nov 23 Tycoon 1
Are English Bulldogs dangerous? (Nov '08) Nov 23 john 51
European vets were caught on camera creating fa... Nov '14 NoT CooL 1
cream white pug puppies for sale Nov '14 herps 1
DOGS: The one constant thread in my life has be... Nov '14 Born without a tail 3
More from around the web