|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

Judged:

bolo wrote:
ic litter, i appreciate your answer. on the third day my dog started back to eating. we called the vet on the second day and she said give her another day or so and if she didn't start back to eating then bring her in. i think she ate some carion (sp) from my neighbors cattle carcass in his woods, and made her sick, but she appears to be back to normal now. It always scares me when they don't eat. I really appreciate the answers.
glad to try and help. i'm not an authority, but i've struggled to try and put my pup (12 yrs. old) on a decent diet so She would have good movements. She has difficulty digesting well. The current crisis with products from China has me on extra alert. Find a well credentialed and compassionate vet is the best advice i can give. Best Wishes to You and Your Pup! ic

“He's 3 1/2 lbs. of fury!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Hampton Roads, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2007

Judged:

I'm studying to be a vet tech. and if your dog isn't eating the only thing to do is bring it imediately to a veterinarian...that is a serious thing and should be checked out...sarai if he isn't eating his food but he eats things like table scraps...you may want to just try other foods...my pit bull is SO picky when it comes to dry food....but unfortunately she needs to eat it for all the nutritients...it seems very cruel but what you should do is not feed your dog anything other than his dog food until he starts eating it....no treats..no people food...just his dog food...it may take him a day or 2 to give in but he will...
Melissa

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2007

i have a 7 1/2 American Staffordshire terrier and I am having the same problem with my dog. He won't eat or play or anything. I'm getting worried about him because his normal personality is the very opposite of his current behaviour. We did change his dog food but he has already eaten the 3/4 of the bag before exhibiting this unusual behaviour. He has been in contact with females that have been spayed and he isn't neutered yet. I'm not sure if they can still be in heat if they are spayed. We have foam in the backyard which we try very hard to keep him away from. I'm thinking that maybe he got to it. But it has been almost a week that he has been like this. :S I'm worried
ic litter

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2007

Judged:

Melissa wrote:
i have a 7 1/2 American Staffordshire terrier and I am having the same problem with my dog. He won't eat or play or anything. I'm getting worried about him because his normal personality is the very opposite of his current behaviour. We did change his dog food but he has already eaten the 3/4 of the bag before exhibiting this unusual behaviour. He has been in contact with females that have been spayed and he isn't neutered yet. I'm not sure if they can still be in heat if they are spayed. We have foam in the backyard which we try very hard to keep him away from. I'm thinking that maybe he got to it. But it has been almost a week that he has been like this.:S I'm worried
VET, NOW! Just do it!

Hampton Roads, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

Judged:

Melissa wrote:
i have a 7 1/2 American Staffordshire terrier and I am having the same problem with my dog. He won't eat or play or anything. I'm getting worried about him because his normal personality is the very opposite of his current behaviour. We did change his dog food but he has already eaten the 3/4 of the bag before exhibiting this unusual behaviour. He has been in contact with females that have been spayed and he isn't neutered yet. I'm not sure if they can still be in heat if they are spayed. We have foam in the backyard which we try very hard to keep him away from. I'm thinking that maybe he got to it. But it has been almost a week that he has been like this.:S I'm worried
If that is happening to your dog and you don't know to take them to the vet you shouldn't have a dog....
skye

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2007

my dog is like afraid of his food he backs away every time we try to feed him HELP
skye

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2007

Judged:

HI I HAVE A DOG THAT WONT EAT SO WHEN WE GIVE HIM HIS FOOD HE BACKS AWAY AND SENSE I HAVE 6 CATS THEY ALL GET HIS FOOD HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLP PPPPP

Hampton Roads, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2007

Judged:

skye wrote:
HI I HAVE A DOG THAT WONT EAT SO WHEN WE GIVE HIM HIS FOOD HE BACKS AWAY AND SENSE I HAVE 6 CATS THEY ALL GET HIS FOOD HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLP PPPPP
Do the cats pick at him or tease him around his food? Has he eaten this food before? Has any trauma happened in his life? What kind of dog is it?
TONY

Pueblo Nuevo, Panama

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2007

Judged:

WELL MAYBE YOUR DOG IS ON IT`S DEATHBED.. TIME TO GET A NEW PUPPY.. TRY SOMETHING ELSE OTHER THAN A PIT BULL. MAYBE SOMEONE POISENED IT.. THEIR IS A LOT OF PIT BULL LOVER AND HATERS OUT THEIR.
sahar hussan

Qatar

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2007

Judged:

my dog hasnt been eating food for a long time help my dog bingo a husky dog

love sahar
Molsons Mommy

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2007

Judged:

Hi - I have a 10 month old golden retriever. He was diagnosed with a rapid growth disease that some large breed dogs get during their growth period. This is his second episode but it's lasting much longer than the first. It is incredibly painful for him, and I have pain medication to help, but cannot give it to him unless he eats - and he won't eat. I've even gone against our 'no people food' policy and tried bread with a little cheeze whiz on it and he won't even touch it.
We've already been to the vet - we have to call on Monday to give an update - the last time he ate a decent portion of food was on Tuesday and my sister managed to get him to eat a little bit on Wednesday. I have been able to keep him drinking - any time I hear him up in the night i put the bowl of water up to his mouth and throughout the day I put it in front of him until he makes an effort - but still can't get him to eat. His ears perk up when we ask him if he wants a treat - I give it to him after i put the anti-biotic in his mouht to make sure the meds go down but that's it....any suggestions??
Tina

Tipton, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2007

I have a 6 year old dobe and he is drinking water fine but, would only eat human food for a couple days. Now wont even do that, has stuff in his eyes and walks around with his stub down. He did have a little bit of loose stools two days ago but now nothing. Im scared! Anyone with ideas? Also he has a vet appt. today. I hope they find out the answer today!
Duck

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

My dog earl, is a dalmation & is about 4yrs old. he has the same problem. we think it is from depression. He wont eat anything. If he does it is about 1/4 of a piece of bread. We sent him to my grandmothers for a week because we were going to be in California for the holidays. ever since then he has been lying around and is not normal. He is normally a very playful dog. He has a very sensitive tummy too.:'[

Hampton Roads, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2008

Judged:

Duck wrote:
My dog earl, is a dalmation & is about 4yrs old. he has the same problem. we think it is from depression. He wont eat anything. If he does it is about 1/4 of a piece of bread. We sent him to my grandmothers for a week because we were going to be in California for the holidays. ever since then he has been lying around and is not normal. He is normally a very playful dog. He has a very sensitive tummy too.:'[
If he went away and is now acting like that it sounds like something traumatic happened.
Jack

Yuba City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

I have a 12 yr old Sheltie who has a high B U N, what ever that means. It apparently has to do with kidney failure. I can't entice her to eat anything; Any of the hamburger & rice home diets included. Her favorite thing would be cheese, and she won't touch it. I will try the cottage cheese thing. Any help out there?

“Ban stupid people not dogs!”

Since: Jan 08

Erie,PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

Jack, Please get that dog to a vet! BUN (blood urea nitrogen) is a blood chemistry test to measure the efficiency of the kidneys filtering mechanisms.

Hampton Roads, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

Judged:

People if your dog is NOT eating...take them to the Vet...PERIOD...
Sharpie

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2008

Hey - I need help too... i do plan to involve a vet soon but in the mean time....
We have a 2 year old Lhasa Apso and recently brought a 6 year old bulldog into the family. The Lhasa is really having trouble with the transition and hasn't eaten since he's been here! ack! Is she showing us how mad she is? Behavior wise, they get along okay...but i'm worried about the Lhasa not eating.

has anyone had experience trying to introduce two dogs together?

Hampton Roads, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2008

Judged:

Sharpie wrote:
Hey - I need help too... i do plan to involve a vet soon but in the mean time....
We have a 2 year old Lhasa Apso and recently brought a 6 year old bulldog into the family. The Lhasa is really having trouble with the transition and hasn't eaten since he's been here! ack! Is she showing us how mad she is? Behavior wise, they get along okay...but i'm worried about the Lhasa not eating.
has anyone had experience trying to introduce two dogs together?
Well if she is upset about the new dog and it's a psychological traumatic thing...the Lhasa should eventually eat after a day or two. If still not eating by than a vet should be contacted immediately...
Yang_Yin

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

I'm glad to hear your puppy is better.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••