Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#206 Jun 7, 2012
Cheryl wrote:
<quoted text>
I have an 8yr old part rottweiler who has also stopped eating. 5/30/2012 we had to take him to an emergency vet. He was arching his back and screaming in pain. The vet said he may come out of it. Its been 2 days since he has ate anything. I also noticed recently 3 or more drops of blood on the floor where ever he lays. He is getting so thin. His back is starting to arch again. I can't get him to take the meds because of the refusal to eat. I dont know what to do!
Shoot the SOB! It's better then having him in pain.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#207 Jun 17, 2012
Just take it to another vet for a second opinion.
heather

Norcross, GA

#208 Jun 26, 2012
My lol puppy is six months old yest he was not in the mood to do anything and want eat either he ain't himself what could be wrong

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#209 Jun 26, 2012
heather wrote:
My lol puppy is six months old yest he was not in the mood to do anything and want eat either he ain't himself what could be wrong
I am in no position and certainly not qualified to make a diagnosis. If the condition still hasn't improved, get the dog to a competent vet.
joel

Corona, CA

#210 Jul 20, 2012
My dog is in heat and has not eaten in 5 days is this normal?
harmonee

Phoenix, AZ

#211 Aug 2, 2012
My. Dog. Won't. Wit. I. Don't no yiy
Vivana Garcia

Santa Rosa, CA

#212 Aug 4, 2012
I rescued two 1 1/2 year old pitts from the pound. One had kennel cough and the other still does. My problem is the one who still has the cough won't eat and has become quite a bit less active. Do you have any suggestions? I really appreciate any information you can give me.

Thank you,
Viviana Garcia
Peppers Owner

Glendale, CA

#213 Aug 11, 2012
My dog didn't eat for 6-7 days after I took him home from the pound. He didn't touch a chew toy, and kind of just sat around like a zombie. He didn't even react to other dogs. He did drink water every day, though. It took him about a week, and then like magic, he started eating, chewing and bolting off to play with other dogs in the neighborhood : )
Peppers Owner

Glendale, CA

#214 Aug 11, 2012
Oh I forgot to mention, my rescue also had Kennel cough and was lethargic. The pound said Kennel cough is just like a human cold, and to just let it run it's course (as long as the dog doesn't have sign of infection). That's what I did, and now he's fine.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#215 Aug 12, 2012
Peppers Owner wrote:
Oh I forgot to mention, my rescue also had Kennel cough and was lethargic. The pound said Kennel cough is just like a human cold, and to just let it run it's course (as long as the dog doesn't have sign of infection). That's what I did, and now he's fine.
Finally, a post on Topix today that really made me happy. I am very glad to hear it.
mariana

Margaretville, NY

#216 Aug 25, 2012
I have a yorkie that is 1 1/2 she wont eat play or poop, whe wont even bark anymore. When I went for my morning run she didnt follow me out i'm so afraid that I have started to give her peptobismal (the town vet told me to) but still no play eat or poop. what do i do?????
mariana

Margaretville, NY

#217 Aug 25, 2012
skye wrote:
my dog is like afraid of his food he backs away every time we try to feed him HELP
I think maybe something happened the first time he ate it, he could be afraid to throw it up or something, when we changed my dogs food she threw up and then did the same thing so we switched back.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#218 Aug 25, 2012
mariana wrote:
I have a yorkie that is 1 1/2 she wont eat play or poop, whe wont even bark anymore. When I went for my morning run she didnt follow me out i'm so afraid that I have started to give her peptobismal (the town vet told me to) but still no play eat or poop. what do i do?????
Take the god to a vet for an X-ray and whatever other tests your vet may recommend as absolutely essential. It could be something easily correctable, or it could be something as serious as cancer. Don't fiddle if you smell smoke in Rome. Get the dog to a vet ASAP.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#219 Aug 25, 2012
I meant take the dog.
Mike

Lake Oswego, OR

#221 Aug 30, 2012
Help I have a 9 month Old male Yorkie puppy.
He's recently haven't been eating as much as he used to eat or to be more accurate doesn't eat I give him his food and he sniffs it and he leave...
He looks normal to me he plays hes and hes still energetic But he doesn't eat does anyone know why? If your wondering what I feed him is Blue buffalo puppy food

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#222 Aug 30, 2012
Mike wrote:
Help I have a 9 month Old male Yorkie puppy.
He's recently haven't been eating as much as he used to eat or to be more accurate doesn't eat I give him his food and he sniffs it and he leave...
He looks normal to me he plays hes and hes still energetic But he doesn't eat does anyone know why? If your wondering what I feed him is Blue buffalo puppy food
Maybe he needs a change of menu. If he starts losing weight, call a vet immediately and have him checked.
Elizabett

Brampton, Canada

#223 Sep 11, 2012
I have a chihahua and hes 1 , and he won't eat or play. He will walk away from his treats and he will only drink water.
What do I do.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#224 Sep 11, 2012
Elizabett wrote:
I have a chihahua and hes 1 , and he won't eat or play. He will walk away from his treats and he will only drink water.
What do I do.
If this persists, have a vet check the dog.
tim d

Tucson, AZ

#225 Sep 28, 2012
ic litter wrote:
<quoted text> Sounds like Your pup is a victim of the contaminated pet food syndrome. I hope Your vet can reverse the renal problem. Go with 'Boutique' food. The very best is 'INNOVA',but its hard to find and it is pricey. Another that You can find at Petco's usually is 'Solid Gold'. At the grocery store I buy round steak, have them trim the fat and grind it. I cook the meat and mix it in with potatoes, rice and the dry food. Until they get a handle on this pet food crisis, i reccomend You to stay away from all grocery store available foods. Innova must have a website, they offer both dry and wet. The wet smells exactly like real food because it is. Good luck!
you should not feed your dog potatoes the skin is not good for them and can kill them even if you peal them the posin can still be inside the potatoe
newfie

Norwalk, CA

#226 Sep 29, 2012
I have an almost 9yr old Newfoundland (male) and we already spent $2000 on all kinds of tests and IV's and took him home after two days and he still not eating. My female Newfie is in heat but he has lost so much weight. He is weighing 86lbs. now from 120lbs. We don't know what else to do for him. Vet can't even figure out what's wrong. Pls. help. Is it maybe that he is too old and needs to be put down. Pls. someone give me some advice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dogs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a female boxer to breed my 2 male b... (Aug '11) Jan 10 tazgurl78 46
How to Get Rid of a Dog's Cold (Apr '11) Jan 5 maggie 48
Can a spayed female dog produce milk ? (Jan '10) Jan 4 Patty 21
Are English Bulldogs dangerous? (Nov '08) Jan 3 Anonymous 52
Pugs-is it the breed or just mine? (Sep '07) Jan 3 FilmMaker15 30
Police constables thanked for rescuing pet dog ... Dec '14 seems a story mis... 1
My dog had puppies a week ago and she is non-st... (Nov '07) Dec '14 Jada fowler 7
More from around the web