|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2008

Lancaster boys need stitches, ear reattachment after dog attack

Posted: March 3, 2008 02:58 PM PST

Updated: March 3, 2008 02:58 PM PST

Lancaster Co. boys attacked by pit bulls

LANCASTER COUNTY, SC (WIS)- Two 10-year-old cousins have been viciously bitten in Lancaster County - victims of a pit bull attack.

The attack happened while the boys were playing in their front yard. It was so bad, one boy had to have his ear reattached. The other needed stitches in his leg.

Now, two dogs are in quarantine, and there's a good chance both will have to be put down.

"The brown one was sitting there calm as can be, but the white one was bucking and growling trying to get up the fence at us," says next-door neighbor Brenda Harrison.

Harrison was worried about the pit bulls when she moved to the neighborhood with her four small dogs - Spot, Junior, Princess, and Cricket. But she had never seen the pit bulls act violent until Thursday when her fiance came running, "hollering that the dogs were attacking the little boys next door."

She says they, "Went over there and picked up the little boys and tried to get them over the fence away from the dogs."

Animal Control officers think the dogs were considered family pets, but they've seen pit bulls turn on their owners before. "Pit bulls have been bred for hundreds of years as catch dogs, and sometimes breeding will come back out on a dog."

"Retrievers are going to retrieve. It's not something you teach them; it's something that's been burnt into them," says the Animal Control spokesperson.

And that's why Animal Control says both dogs will most likely be put down after 10 days, even if the brown dog did not attack. They can't take a chance adopting the pit bull out to another family.

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp...

Since: Nov 07

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2008

Dog Mauled By Pit Bull, Neighbors In Fear
Call Pit A "Killer"

Monday, Mar 03, 2008 - 11:25 PM Updated: 10:14 AM
PhotoVideo

A pit bull named Chopper is causing a stir in the Lyman Village community.

Last week, a cocker spaniel nearby walked into the pit bull's territory, and was mauled to death, as stunned neighbors watched in horror.

Since then, a group of neighbors have been petitioning the town council to strengthen animal control laws to rid of what they feel is the pit bull's threat to the community.

Some fear for their animals, others for their young children, who may wander too.

Cindy Pace has a son. She watched the attack.

"Within seconds, that pit bull had that cocker spaniel and he never let him go until he was dead. He was out to kill that dog, and he killed that dog. And that very well could have been my son."

The owner of the pit bull says the dog was simply defending its space, and is harmless, and did what any dog would do when threatened.

Animal control doesn't remove an animal unless a person is attacked.

http://www.wspa.com/midatlantic/spa/news.apx....

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2008

SHREVEPORT, LA
Man Hospitalized After Bloody Pit Bull Attack

Shreveport Girl Claims To Have Found Needle In Her Cereal Box

Students On Caddo School Bus Injured After Wreck In Bossier City

Tip To Shreveport Police Leads To Drug Bust

Former President Stumps In East Texas

Bossier City Businessman Arrested On Insurance Fraud Charges

Roads, Ports Part Of Second Louisiana Special Session

Man Who Killed Himself During Gregg County Traffic Stop I.D.ed

Shreveport Police Look For Suspect In Kokopellli's Nightclub Assault

More Vehicle Recalls

Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast

A Shreveport man's early morning walk through a Cedar Grove neighborhood turned into a fight for his life when a Pit Bull dog attacked.
Shreveport police say Percy Nettter, 51, was walking across Linwood Avenue near W. 74th Street around 4 a. m. Thursday when the animal suddenly pounced on him.
They say Netter apparently sliced at the dog with a box cutter and then grabbed some large branches, all in an attempt to fight him off. But the animal bit him on the arms, legs, chest and head, creating an especially bloody scene.
A passerby saw the commotion and tried to help.
"(He) told our officers that, initially, he thought 2 guys were fighting," said Randy Patrick, spokesman for the Shreveport Police Dept. "He stopped, got out of the car, and hit the dog a few times with his cane and that scared the dog off."
Netter was rushed to LSU hospital. As of 6 a. m., he remained in the emergency room.
An animal control officer arrived on the scene shortly before 5 a. m. and found the Pit Bull in the front yard of a home--one police believe belongs to his owner.
"That's the culprit," said Roman Walker with Caddo Animal Control, pointing the dog whose snout was covered in blood. "You can see he's the culprit because the victim used a box cutter to slice his face."
Walker said the dog will be held under quarantine while he's checked for rabies. His fate will be decided at a later time, Walker said.
This is the second Pit Bull attack in Shreveport this week. On Tuesday, two of the dogs pounced on Brezele Coutee, 89, as he walked along Horn Place in Hollywood Heights, Coutee suffered bites to his leg. He was treated at LSU hospital and released.
Police have not found the dogs involved in that attack.

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp...

“Pit Bulls are good dogs too”

Since: Jul 07

Moncton, New Brunswick

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2008

Judged:

So everytime a person posts something, or asks you a question in your 'pit bull attacks' threads, you're just going to make a new post rather than actually address the people communicating with you?

This is absolutely pointless.

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

4-year-old Mauled by Pit Bull in Dothan

Posted: 8:02 AM Mar 13, 2008
Last Updated: 12:32 PM Mar 13, 2008

A DOTHAN, Ala.(AP)- Authorities say a 4 year old boy was critically injured after being mauled by a pit bull in a Dothan neighborhood.

The attack happened yesterday afternoon at a home on Ussery Street.

Dothan police said the canine attacked Caleb Hunter Woods' head, lacerating his face and neck.

The boy was taken to Southeast Alabama Medical Center - his condition was not immediately available.

Police are trying to determine what provoked the attack. Animal control officers seized the dog and place the animal in a local shelter.

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

Pit Bull Attacks Gas Technician
Posted: 4:48 PM Mar 12, 2008
Last Updated: 2:18 PM Mar 13, 2008

----------

Pit Bull Attacks Technician

----------

A | A | A Topeka Police responded to two vicious dog calls Wednesday morning.
The first one happened at 9:20 at 230 SW 35th Terr. A gas technician was attempting to deliver paperwork to the homeowner when he was attacked by pit bulls. The dogs latched onto the man's arm. He was able to fend them off until police arrived. The man was taken to the hospital with non life threatening injuries.

"If this pit bull would have attacked a small child walking to school the child wouldn't have had a chance. The only reason why this gentleman made it through was he was wearing heavy clothing and he was able to fend off the dog until we arrived," said Cpl. Louis Cortez of the Topeka Police Department.

"Anytime anyone gets bit by any dog it's going to hurt. But some are worse than others. If they can just get away from it. Get something between them and the dog," said Officer Linda Halford with Animal Control.

The city of Topeka requires that all pit bull owners have a permit. To read more about the pit bull ordinance see below.

DIVISION 4. PIT BULL DOGS*

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

Pit Bulls Attack in S. Wichita
Posted: 7:02 PM Mar 9, 2008
Last Updated: 7:02 PM Mar 9, 2008

A | A | A Wichita Police say they get calls daily, if not weekly, about a pit bull attack. Already in March alone, officers have been forced to use their weapon against an attacking pit bull twice. The latest incident just happened last week in South Wichita and the attack nearly cost a family their Chocolate Lab.

"Choco is my best friend. He's my guard dog," says Michelle Lane. "He's my walking buddy. He's my protector."

Choco has been Lane's buddy since she got him 15 years ago. He has always been a big part of her world, but Wednesday, she thought her world was crashing down. Choco had been attacked by the neighbors 3 pit bulls, leaving her loving lab bloody and clinging to life.

On the way to the vet, Lane says she was fearing the worst. "I thought he was so bad I would have to put him down, but the vet said this old biker has some years left."

After stitching up Choco's wounds and inserting tubes to help drain excess fluids, the vet sent Choco home to heal.

Lane says she has no hard feelings with her neighbors who willingly turned their dogs over to animal control. The neighbors say they never thought their dogs would do such a thing, and they feel horrible.

Lane says Choco is doing well. He has a follow up appointment Monday to check is progress and remove his tubes.

With this latest pit bull incident, many wonder if the city's stated dangerous dog law will stand. The City Council decided not to single out the pit bull breed last year when it changed the law. The law states all dogs will face the same consequences if they exhibit dangerous or aggressive behavior. City Council has plans to re-visit the ordinance later this year. If pit bulls are still a problem, they will then consider a breed specific law.

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

No one came forward today to claim the pit bull that tangled with Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer over the weekend.

Orange County Animal Services is holding the 60-pound red-nosed pit bull at its animal shelter, where it is isolated from other dogs.

The pit bull didn't have a collar or identification chip. Because of its aggressiveness, it's not eligible for adoption, animal services spokeswoman Kat Kennedy said Tuesday.

Related links
Pit bull in isolation at animal shelter Video
Elaine Judy with her injured Jack Russell terrier Photo
The pit bull Photo
Mike Thomas: How other local notables would have handled the crazed pit bull
Visit the Animal Crazy blog
Central Florida Political Pulse Blog
If the owner does not come forward by Sunday, the dog will eventually be euthanized.

Dyer interceded when the pit bull attacked a Jack Russell Terrier on his street, holding and struggling with the pit bull for several minutes after it clamped onto the smaller dog's neck and refused to let go. The terrier was treated for its injuries and returned home Monday.

Finding the owner does not guarantee the dog's release, however. Animal Services would launch an investigation to determine whether the pit bull meets the legal definition of a "dangerous dog." Before such an investigation is started, a dog must first either bite or injure someone, injure or kill another domestic animal, or chase a person unprovoked and as if it were about to attack.

Once a dog is labeled dangerous, it becomes subject to strict handling guidelines. Owners must have the animal spayed or neutered, keep it in a home kennel or leashed and muzzled when walking, and pay an annual registration fee to the county.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orl...

“"In dog years, I'm dead."”

Since: Feb 08

Novato

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

HeatherW wrote:
So everytime a person posts something, or asks you a question in your 'pit bull attacks' threads, you're just going to make a new post rather than actually address the people communicating with you?
This is absolutely pointless.
someone who seems to have had a lobotomy is not likely capable of communication.
Your better off posting the attacks from other breeds that so greatly outnumber pit bulls.

No worries though. He is not really having much of an effect. Have you read the CDCs response to the idea of breed bans?

Moncton, New Brunswick

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Cal native wrote:
<quoted text>
someone who seems to have had a lobotomy is not likely capable of communication.
Your better off posting the attacks from other breeds that so greatly outnumber pit bulls.
No worries though. He is not really having much of an effect. Have you read the CDCs response to the idea of breed bans?
Yep... apparently Eric isn't capabale of a two way conversation with people, but at least he's good at copying and pasting...

I usually just try and post at least twice as many attack stories as he does (mine being from other breeds), but it's pointless because he doesn't even respond... it's a waste of time, sort of like him posting these attack stories.

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Goose Creek Boy Recovers From Pit Bull Attack
Nicole Johnson, Live 5 News
An 11-year-old from Goose Creek is recovering after a pit bull rips open his arm. Austin Ramsey says he almost lost that arm to the dog, but his parents say it could have ended much worse.

The family says they're worried such a vicious attack happened in their neighborhood.

Today he's playing ball with friends, but just a few weeks ago Austin Ramsey says he got the scare for of his life after a dangerous dog encounter in the Goose Creek neighborhood, Greenview.

"There was a blood trail from where I was attacked, all the way down to my house," said Austin Ramsey.

Austin says he and friend Travis chased Travis' dog into a neighbor's yard when they saw the pit bull.

"It didn't really growl or anything. It just came toward him and bit his knee,” said Travis Sheheane.

Austin says he was shocked, frightened, terrified.

Austin says the pit bull was coming toward him until he was backed up against a wall. He says the dog then bit him on the knee, lunged toward his neck, but quickly he threw up his arm to protect himself.

"I put my arm up. I was thinking, what's this dog going to do next," said Austin.

"I didn't know how bad it was. I didn't want to look. I just saw a piece of his arm, and it was too much for me," said Austin’s mother Kim Ramsey.

Austin's mom rushed him to the ER, where he got ten stitches and a bandage on his wound.

"It was very scary. I might not have my child today," said Kim.

Austin's parents say the pit bull was in a yard with an electric fence. They say they haven't heard from the dog's owner.

"That's what is so upsetting. The owner hasn't even attempted to check on my son," said Kim.

A son hoping for things to get back to normal soon. A neighborhood with kids, where a pit bull attacked.

The health department says they put the dog in quarantine for ten days for observation, but it has since been released to back to the owners.

The Ramseys say they aren't sure if they'll sue the dog's owner.
http://www.radioparadise.com/content.php...

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Pit Bull Attacks Woman Walking To Her Car
Reported by: Eric Collins
Last Update: 3/14 12:47 am

Pit Bull Attack

San Diego County animal control officers are looking for a pit bull that mauled a woman walking to her car.
The attack happened Tuesday afternoon in North Park on the 42-hundred block of Boundary Street. That's south of El Cajon Boulevard.

Joyce Mulfinger was checking on some rental property when the leashless dog suddenly appeared.

"He started jumping on me, biting my arms and all I could do was scream for help," said Mulfinger.

The pit bull bit Joyce several times on both arms until a man grabbed the dog and disappeared.

Animal control officers scoured the neighborhood but they can't find the pit bull in order to test it for rabies.

"There's always the possibility its going to be in that same area again so we want people to be watchful and alert for it so they don't get injured as well," said Harold Holmes.

Holmes is a lieutenant with the San Diego County Department of Animal Services.

Joyce says paramedics told her that a pit bull attacked a child about two weeks ago in that same area, but animal control has no record of that incident.

Officers are looking for a tan and white, large chested pit bull that weighs about 100 pounds.

http://www.fox6.com/news/local/story.aspx...

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Article published Sunday, March 9, 2008
Pit bulls maul woman, dog warden says
Woman in serious condition

A woman was mauled by pit bulls yesterday inside a South Toledo house where seven of those dogs - three adults and four puppies - apparently were being kept, the county dog warden said.

Natalie M. Rosas, age and address unknown, was listed in serious condition in St. Vincent Mercy Medical Center.

It was not immediately known if she was the owner of the dogs.

The sequence of events leading up to her mauling was unclear last night.

Tim Campbell, the Toledo police detective assigned to the case, could not be reached for comment.

Lucas County Dog Warden Tom Skeldon, who said he was sent to the scene to confiscate the dogs, said the woman had just been transported to St. Vincent when he arrived on the scene with loaded tranquilizer guns.

The attack occurred inside 661 Lorain St. sometime before Mr. Skeldon was notified at 5:40 p.m., he said.

The three adult dogs - two males and one female - were believed to have been fighting both inside that house and outdoors, in Lorain Street itself, he said.

Ms. Rosas may have been trying to separate the three adult dogs, each of which had fresh wounds.

The puppies, each about a month old, were not believed to have been involved in the attack, Mr. Skeldon said.

He said he sedated the three adult pit bulls with tranquilizers fired from his gun.

All seven dogs were taken to the county's animal shelter.

If their owner does not claim them, they will be euthanized after the close of business Wednesday, Mr. Skeldon said.

Toledo has an ordinance that limits dwellings within the city limits to one pit bull.

None of the confiscated dogs was licensed. Their owner is subject to fines, Mr. Skeldon said.

Mr. Skeldon said he would like a city ordinance requiring all pit bulls over the age of 6 months to be spayed or neutered.

Mr. Skeldon's proposal, which would need approval from Toledo City Council, calls for law-abiding residents whose pit bulls get confiscated to pay for such surgery for their dog before they could get it back.

Cincinnati, Youngstown, and the Cleveland suburb of Garfield Heights have banned pit bulls outright from their jurisdictions. Denver is another major city to have enacted a ban, according to Mr. Skeldon.

In December, former Toledoan Paul Tellings asked the U.S. Supreme Court to hear his challenge against the city's pit bull ordinance, on the grounds it is unconstitutional because some people view it as a "breed-specific" law.

“"In dog years, I'm dead."”

Since: Feb 08

Novato

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

HeatherW wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep... apparently Eric isn't capabale of a two way conversation with people, but at least he's good at copying and pasting...
I usually just try and post at least twice as many attack stories as he does (mine being from other breeds), but it's pointless because he doesn't even respond... it's a waste of time, sort of like him posting these attack stories.
you might try posting domestic violence which is much more prevalent then dog attacks.

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

Published: March 18, 2008 03:05 pm

Girl in stable condition following pit bull attack

By PAUL STONE
The Palestine Herald

PALESTINE, TX — A 7-year-old Palestine girl injured late Sunday afternoon in a pit bull attack underwent surgery for her injuries Monday at a Dallas hospital.

At 4:50 p.m. Sunday, the girl was attacked by a pit bull at the Hickory Ridge Trailer Park on FM 320, northwest of the Palestine city limits, after she had walked across the street to pet the animal, according to Anderson County Sheriff Greg Taylor.

The girl was eventually able to break free from the animal, but sustained bite injuries to the back of her head, legs, and one of her cheeks, the sheriff stated.

The dog was tied up at the time of the attack, Taylor said.

The girl underwent surgery late Monday morning at Children’s Medical Center in Dallas, according to Taylor. He was uncertain as to the nature of the operation, but added that the girl was in “stable condition.”

Following the attack, the male pit bull was taken to the Anderson County Humane Society where it will remain quarantined for up to 10 days, according to the sheriff. The dog was current on its vaccinations, he added.

A judge could ultimately order the dog to be euthanized, Taylor stated.

http://www.palestineherald.com/local/local_st...

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

Micco woman treated at hospital after reported pit bull attack
Originally published 04:28 p.m., March 18, 2008
Updated 04:28 p.m., March 18, 2008

MICCO — Two pit bulls are in custody after a Micco woman said one of them attacked her while they ran loose Tuesday morning.

The unidentified woman was treated and released from Sebastian River Medical Center on Tuesday, according to the Brevard County Sheriff's Office. The incident happened somewhere on Fleming Grant Road, the Sheriff's Office said.

Deputies and officers from the county's Animal Services and Enforcement Department searched for the dogs before they came across the owner. The pit bulls were taken into custody and Animal Services cited the owner, whose name was not available, the Sheriff's Office said.

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/mar/18/micco-...

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

Woman Hospitalized From Pit Bull Attacks
Written by KGMB9 News - news@kgmb9.com
March 17, 2008 10:34 PM

On Kauai, a Lihue woman was hospitalized after she was attacked by four pit bills Sunday night.

Police say the 37-year old woman was playing in her front yard with her boyfriend's five pit bulls, when four of them became agitated and attacked her.

Her boyfriend tried to help, but the dogs then turned on him.

Finally, a neighbor distracted the pack by shooting them with a water hose.

The couple had bites and lacerations from the attack. The dogs were turned over to the Humane Society.

Last Updated ( March 17, 2008 11:55 PM )

http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/4861/40/

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

Pit bull attacks elderly Interlachen widow
By Ron Bartlett

INTERLACHEN — A 75-year-old Interlachen woman is recovering in a Gainesville hospital after she was attacked by her neighbor’s pit bulldog.

Barbara Pritt suffered multiple bites, extensive bleeding and tissue loss to her lower leg, authorities said.

As she recovers, the owners of the dog, named Diesel, have expressed an interest to the sheriff’s office to get it back.

The attack occurred March 8 in the 400 block of South Third Avenue. Pritt told a 911 dispatcher she was “bleeding badly” after being attacked by a neighbor’s dog. Emergency medical crews took Pritt to the Shands at UF trauma center in Gainesville with extensive injuries to her lower right leg, including the loss of a large amount of calf tissue. She also had bites on both thighs and both hands, severing fingers, according to a sheriff’s report. Pritt was believed to have been walking to her mailbox when the attack occurred.

An Interlachen woman who described Pritt as a “dear friend” said she was worried and upset by the attack.

“It’s just awful,” Annis Martin said Monday.“You feel so bad about something like this.”

Martin said Pritt was a widow who lived alone and who worked at a local elementary school.

Gail Heyser, another friend, described Pritt as always being helpful and pleasant. She said she is upset and in disbelief that this happened. She added that there needs to be stronger ordinances to deal with vicious dogs.

“There are three-plus pit or pit-cross dogs in my neighborhood and we have to walk past them every day,” she said in an e-mail to the Daily News.“One charged at us yesterday and that in turn caused a confrontation between the resident and neighbors.”

The day of the attack, the dog’s owner, Reba Hamilton, told deputies she heard screaming at about 10 a.m. and saw Pritt fending off Diesel. Originally thinking the dog was being playful, Hamilton told deputies she realized an attack was taking place when she saw blood. She then moved to gain control of the dog.

Hamilton was issued a citation for allowing the dog to roam free and another for failure to produce documentation for rabies vaccination.

She was ordered to quarantine the animal for a mandated period of 10 days. Two days later, however, the sheriff’s office deemed that the dog was not being properly quarantined and seized it.

According to Sheriff’s Maj. Dwight Parker, chief of special services which oversees animal control, Hamilton and her husband are “adamant” about getting the dog back. If they make a written request, he said, a hearing will be held to deem if the dog is dangerous.

“If it’s determined that it is dangerous, the cost will be $500 a year, plus boarding cost since we’ve had it, an enclosure that we approve of and a chip or tattoo in it,” he said.“(They) say they still want it back.”

Hamilton told deputies that the animal, which is less than a year old, normally stays in her yard but will sometimes leave the property when her other dog is loose, which it was.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2008...

Moncton, New Brunswick

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

Erik266 wrote:
Dog Mauled By Pit Bull, Neighbors In Fear
Call Pit A "Killer"
Monday, Mar 03, 2008 - 11:25 PM Updated: 10:14 AM
PhotoVideo
A pit bull named Chopper is causing a stir in the Lyman Village community.
Last week, a cocker spaniel nearby walked into the pit bull's territory, and was mauled to death, as stunned neighbors watched in horror.
Since then, a group of neighbors have been petitioning the town council to strengthen animal control laws to rid of what they feel is the pit bull's threat to the community.
Some fear for their animals, others for their young children, who may wander too.
Cindy Pace has a son. She watched the attack.
"Within seconds, that pit bull had that cocker spaniel and he never let him go until he was dead. He was out to kill that dog, and he killed that dog. And that very well could have been my son."
The owner of the pit bull says the dog was simply defending its space, and is harmless, and did what any dog would do when threatened.
Animal control doesn't remove an animal unless a person is attacked.
http://www.wspa.com/midatlantic/spa/news.apx....
So a loose dog wandered into the yard of another dog and the pit bull gets blamed for defending his yard... but no one seems to blame the spaniels owner for not being able to keep their dog under control or on a leash.

Moncton, New Brunswick

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

GOLDEN RETEIVER ATTACK:

http://www.action3news.com/Global/story.asp...

Dog Kills Puppy and Attacks Owner
FEATURED VIDEO

Puppy Killed, Owner Injured at Omaha Dog Park

Omaha, NE - A weekend attack at Hefflinger Park in West Omaha leaves a woman with scars on her body and a dead puppy. The owner of a small pomeranian puppy took her dog to the side of the park where all dogs can play. Humane Society Officer Mark Langan tells Action 3 News that is when the pup ran into a big dog. "A Golden Retriever / German Shepherd mix thought it was a toy and grabbed the dog in it's mouth, shook it violently... and killed the small Pomeranian," says Langan. When the owner of the puppy tried to save her dog, the large dog bit her.

The owner of the big dog was cited for damaging property, and the dog is being quarantined for ten days. Langan urges all dog owners to pay attention to the signs posted at the dog park. He says if you have a small dog keep it on the side that says "small dogs," and don't take it to the side that says "all dogs." Langan says rules at the park are there for you and your dog's safety. If you can follow the rules, but your dog doesn't follow you, the Nebraska Humane Society will gladly teach your dog discipline at obedience school.

Reported by Devon Patton, devon@action3news.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••