Butcher’s Pet Care launches new TV ad...

Butcher’s Pet Care launches new TV ad featuring 10 talented dogs!

Posted in the Dogs Forum

Since: Oct 12

London, UK

#1 Mar 8, 2013
Butcher’s Pet Care is back on TV this month with a new advert for its meaty Lean & Tasty range of dog food which has less fat* and fewer calories, as well as added L-Carnitine to help dogs convert fat into energy.

The 30 and 20 second ads are a humorous take on dogs’ natural behaviour, and include 10 talented dogs doing all of the things fit and healthy dogs do, such as jumping, running, more jumping, digging and oh yes more jumping!

The shoot took four days and was filmed in two locations, Banbury in Oxfordshire and a London studio. The canine ‘actors’ included: Sykes, the Jack Russell who stars in the Midsummer Murders television series, Cully, the German Wire Haired Pointer, who is fantastic at jumping, jumping and more jumping and Dizzy, the Collie, who does a fabulous leap over a fence ( it took just 5 takes).

Clare Scallon, from Butcher’s Pet Care, comments:“This is the first commercial in a new TV campaign which celebrates a dog’s life. It is fun and fast-paced and reminds us why we love dogs so much. The dogs involved were complete stars and their quirky personalities really shine through. It won’t be hard for people to warm to the likes of George the peek-a-booing Pug, Tristan the great licking Beagle, and Storm the Weimaraner, who must be a contender for the 100m sprint!”

The dogs are the real stars of the ad but there are also important cameos of lean, mean and fit men as well as a butcher, who all help to deliver the ‘fit as a Butcher’s dog strapline’!
Clare adds:“Our new range of Lean & Tasty dog food which launched in the Autumn is crammed with all the meaty goodness dogs’ love but with 30% less fat to help them lead healthy, happy, active lives.”

The advert which was created by The Brooklyn Brothers will launch on the 18th March, 2013 and will be screened nationwide. The voiceover is delivered by Mark Benton, star of Waterloo Road and currently starring in Hairspray the musical, as Edna Turnblad.

-ENDS-

Notes to Editors:
Lean & Tasty press advertising will also appear in various animal titles and online to co-incide with the TV ad’.

About Lean & Tasty

Butcher’s Lean & Tasty is now available in supermarkets across the country in 6 x 400g packs & as Butcher’s Choice Lean & Tasty as 4 x 150g foil trays in a number of tasty white meat based recipes. Each pack has 30 per cent less fat than standard Butcher’s and Butcher’s Choice products and are widely available in supermarkets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dogs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a female boxer to breed my 2 male b... (Aug '11) Jul '16 John 64
My dog won't eat. I need advice. HELP!! (Jan '07) Jul '16 Anonymous 265
Can a spayed female dog produce milk ? (Jan '10) Jul '16 mememe 23
Make boxer to mate with my female boxer!! (Apr '15) Jun '16 Jayboogie2102 5
My dog had puppies a week ago and she is non-st... (Nov '07) Jun '16 Pitbull mom 13
Male and Female golden retriever for free adoption (Mar '12) Jun '16 Evie 38
News Woman 'Devastated' Her Dog Was Mistakenly Adopt... (Jan '16) May '16 Ldarrell 16
More from around the web