Sarabeth

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

My dog is just shy of 3 years old, she's a mini-daschund. She had puppies about a week ago and for about 3 days now she's been acting funny she whines constantly and paces around the house. She seems unsure of what she wants to do. She is still eating well and using the bathroom normally I keep petting her and giving her lots of attention but nothing seems to make her happy. She still takes care of her puppies but she will whine while being with them and while being without them I don't know what to do. Is it possible for her to be depressed? Both she and her puppies have been checked out and given a clean bill of health but this started after she saw the vet. Anybody ever have this happen to them?

“He's 3 1/2 lbs. of fury!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Hampton Roads, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Her whining is totally behavioral and she is doing it for attention only. You "babying" her is only making it worse. If everything has checked out like you said you have to ignore it and let her know it's unacceptable. Don't yell or tell her no when she does it...just give her a light "shush" and ignore it. It might take a week or so to stop but it will. Hope this helps!!! And congrats on the new pups.
brigee

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

My dog also has the same problems with her new litter. And I especially worried because hours after she had about 9 of them of which 3 unfortunately passed away, she whelped 2 more. So every time she whines I worry that maybe she might still be in labour. But its been too long now. And will my six babies make it.
Aimee

Clayton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Hi everyone. My chocolate lab just had 13, yes, 13 pups 3 days ago. It is her first liter and now she has been constantly whining. I feel better reading these seeing that it doesn't seem abnormal. I don't understand it . She whined with the pups and w/o them. Hiding under my bed and pacing. I'm assuming that maybe 13 pups is overwhelming to her. I know I would be overwhelmed. Any suggestions? I am sitting with her several times a day as I always have, and now reassuring her that everything is ok. Not sure what else to do.
Tonya

Lilburn, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Hello... My Pit Bull just had 10 puppies 3 days ago...unfortunately 1 didn't make it. Now, she's constantly pacing, whining when she's with the puppies or w/o them, hiding under my bed and digging while she's under my bed. I've been giving her attention but nothing helps. Today she's been under my bed most of the day. She fed the pups once today. Is something wrong? Please Help... I don't know what to do
Beady is a Rock Spider

Reservoir, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2014

Beady probably did something to it

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••