Save Onion the Dog From Euthanasia?

May 10, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Suburban Journals

Oak Parker Les Golden at Center of Nationwide Effort of Dog Lovers Onion the dog of Henderson, Nevada, became an international focal point for animal welfare advocates in their struggle against municipalities and their animal control departments after the death of the family child who was injured by the dog.

Comments
41 - 54 of 54 Comments Last updated Jul 9, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
puppy love

Pontiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

just like a child animals have to be watched, if you dont have time to care for your child, you sure dont have time to care for an animal! Animals cant talk and Need more attention!
dean

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Poor Family....Poor Parents, poor Grandmother...Poorest ...Child and Pup.....Who,s fault..no ones ....Just mistakes made that day and Child and dog paid...what a MESS.....Sure all wishes they could redo that day

Since: Jun 12

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

So what's the update on Onion?
earnest t boondoggle

Kansas City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

save onion the dog from dumb people who would name a dog "onion"
dean

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Seems like all has forgotten about this poor dog caged INDEFINITELY??????
This is inhumane but not surprised..everything goes on back burner..sick of watching all the politics about scamming city officials....don,t know the truth but we know the truth and all that happened that day....so COURT DO SOMETHING once and for all......just let him go to Colorado and live out the rest of his life....he does,t even know what he did wrong and what a horrific accident that whole day was,,,,but "was" is the word..lets move on and let him out of his misery once and for all
Jeff Smith

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Here some great info on Euthanasia

http://www.dogblogpedia.com/dog-blog-when-is-...
dean

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

almost 4 months to my last post and still nothing..everyone forget...
Whats the holdup..let him go to Co....PLEASEEEEE.do something good for a change
lasers

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

cece is right. They left the child with one of the worlds most fierce dogs. I also read they thaught the child the grab the dogs fur to get up! that would have startled the dog! Also, many humans have killed a bunch of kids for no reason , but are allow to live, but this dog killed the child because he thought something bad was happenning, but he must die,because he is a dog someone please explain the logic?
Ken

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

DicetheOnion wrote:
The dog should not have had any chance of getting a reprieve, it should have been exterminated ASAP! Kill the dog, and cut the tongues out of the mouths of the people who say the parents are to blame.
People do more harm to people than dogs. This dog is not vicious and only reacted to being startled just like you would have if you were startled. Dogs do not understand like humans should. I love all animals and it is an injustice what is happening to this dog.
Ken

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Dog needs to be put down wrote:
This group trying to save this dog disgusts me, a 1 year old child had his neck broke by this dog and all they care about is the animal not this child; shame on you. I had a Rot that never showed agression but out of the blue she lunged at my daughter and the Rot was never provoked in any way, I immediately loaded the dog into my vehicle, took her to the vet and had the dog put down. All the animal lovers are missing one point once an animal shows aggression it needs to be put down and if you think that sending the dog to a sanctuary is the answer, who says the dog won't turn on the new owner.
This group of dog haters disgust me beyond anything else. This poor dog was only doing what any animal would do if startled and felt threatened because of the kid messing with it. People kill humans everyday and so many do gooders do not want them put of of their misery yet you want to rant on a dog that did not mean to do what it did. Dogs have no voice of their own.
dean

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

I totally agree with you Ken......
It,s so sad for that family and that poor innocent baby......baby didn,t know what was happening ..had no idea...dog didn,t as well...and I must say family made a mistake and are paying the ultimate price..but killing Onion won,t bring it all okay again..won,t ever be okay..
So one injustice does,t warrant another..
I,m hoping peace will come to all when Onion hopefully is let go to the Lexus group and sent to his new forever home in Colorado..he,s been punished enough....can,t imagine whats going on in his head..hes been abandoned and not knowing why and wheres his family?
Courts , you let killers go all the time ..it happens and we all know it because of something that was done AGAINST THEM that you, the court does,nt except and on a misdemeanor they are set free..Onion won,t be FREE, not the way he would like to be but can at least live out his life with other dogs , protected this time against humans mistakes..we all make them..for once ..do the right thing and let the Lexus Group take him where he won,t be able to make another mistake again...WE ALL MAKE THEM...right a wrong please
SAVE ONION

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP SAVE THIS POOR DOG!!!! THIS WAS NOT THE DOG'S FAULT. PUNISH THE PARENTS!!! THEY SHOULD BE STERILIZED & NOT BE ALLOWED TO HAVE MORE CHILDREN BECAUSE THEY SUCK AS PARENTS!!! ANIMALS ARE BETTER & HAVE MORE TO OFFER THIS WORLD THAN ANY HUMAN OR BUTT UGLY KID!!!!
SAVE ONION

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Dog needs to be put down wrote:
This group trying to save this dog disgusts me, a 1 year old child had his neck broke by this dog and all they care about is the animal not this child; shame on you. I had a Rot that never showed agression but out of the blue she lunged at my daughter and the Rot was never provoked in any way, I immediately loaded the dog into my vehicle, took her to the vet and had the dog put down. All the animal lovers are missing one point once an animal shows aggression it needs to be put down and if you think that sending the dog to a sanctuary is the answer, who says the dog won't turn on the new owner.
The dog is better than any human,they kid was ugly anyway
dean

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

SAVE ONION wrote:
<quoted text> The dog is better than any human,they kid was ugly anyway
That,s a Horrible thing to say...are you righting this so the courts see your blog and think all of us think the sick thoughts you do....
Shame on you..the child was ONE YRS. OLD and didn,t know any better as poor Onion didn,t know any better...stop judging and saying cruel things..glad your not at this court case..Onion would lose and that would be a shame because of sick people like yourself....
If you have nothing decent to say..then say NOTHING...
I believe and hope ..in my heart that Onion should go to this new home in Colorado and live out whats left of his life..hes already been in Prison so to speak for almost 2 yrs. now...
Let all heal......
Family ...dog and child is in a better place....
I,m for you Onion, your owners asa well..I believe that this will all go away when decided..once and for all

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••