Dozens Of Dogs Turn Up Dead In One Community

Jan 24, 2011 Full story: WSMV.com - News 16

Residents in the Smith County community of Pleasant Shade are on edge after 30 pet dogs were found dead by their owners over the past two months.

Full Story
Finally Found true love

Portland, TN

#1 Feb 3, 2011
I think this is just a terrible thing to do an innocent animal. I hope when the police catch the person or parties doing this they put them behind bars & throw away the key. I mean really who would want to do something so cruel? I've read articles that have done studies on things like this and they grow up yo be serial killers
dc

Tyler, TX

#2 Feb 4, 2011
Sick
currious

Lebanon, TN

#3 Feb 12, 2011
yes i have to i think what they should do is glive them the same kind of poision they kill the dogs with but only a little at time so they would die a sow death and let them see how it fells r if they got kids do them the same it may sound crule but these dogs r peoples babys to and and it hurts when they lose ther babys wo ever is doing this r sick s o b
tab

Scottsville, KY

#4 Jul 5, 2011
It doesnt surprise me. I dont expect the cops in smith co. do anything about it either. They are the sorriest police i have ever seen.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#5 Jul 6, 2011
Many serial killers started out with cruelty to animals.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#6 Mar 25, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
Many serial killers started out with cruelty to animals.
How many serial killers have you known? Do you hang around with these kind of people. I shoot a box of Kelloggs Corn Flakes you think that makes me a cereal killer.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#7 Mar 25, 2012
Joe Chit wrote:
<quoted text>How many serial killers have you known? Do you hang around with these kind of people. I shoot a box of Kelloggs Corn Flakes you think that makes me a cereal killer.
Hardly the point. Cruelty to animals does not mean one will be a mass murderer of course, but many mass murderers have a strong antipathy to the value of life to begin with and start with animals and graduate to bigger things. As far as a cereal killer is concerned, you can't kill something that is already dead (LOL).

Location hidden

#8 Mar 25, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Hardly the point. Cruelty to animals does not mean one will be a mass murderer of course, but many mass murderers have a strong antipathy to the value of life to begin with and start with animals and graduate to bigger things. As far as a cereal killer is concerned, you can't kill something that is already dead (LOL).
If a person shoots a vicious dog do you think it's cruelty? How about hunters or farmers that kill their beef, pigs or sheep for food? If my dog is old and it needs to be put down and I shoot it in the head do you think it's cruelty? Animal cruelty means different things to different people. If my dog is ran over and is suffering is it cruel to shoot him??

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#9 Mar 25, 2012
Joe Chit wrote:
<quoted text>If a person shoots a vicious dog do you think it's cruelty? How about hunters or farmers that kill their beef, pigs or sheep for food? If my dog is old and it needs to be put down and I shoot it in the head do you think it's cruelty? Animal cruelty means different things to different people. If my dog is ran over and is suffering is it cruel to shoot him??
You are starting to get very technical. There is a big difference between killing dangerous animals, suffering animals, killing for meat or clothing vs. killing an animal just for the fun of it.

“Hi there”

Since: Jun 08

Derby City

#10 Mar 25, 2012
Joe Chit wrote:
<quoted text>If a person shoots a vicious dog do you think it's cruelty? How about hunters or farmers that kill their beef, pigs or sheep for food? If my dog is old and it needs to be put down and I shoot it in the head do you think it's cruelty? Animal cruelty means different things to different people. If my dog is ran over and is suffering is it cruel to shoot him??
The poster means when a dog is cruelly abused for no good reason.Many times a man will kill a dog to get back at the wife/girlfriend.

http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/abuse_neg...

“Hi there”

Since: Jun 08

Derby City

#11 Mar 25, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>You are starting to get very technical. There is a big difference between killing dangerous animals, suffering animals, killing for meat or clothing vs. killing an animal just for the fun of it.
I agree.What you said has been proven and i posted a link proving what i said.I have read too many stories where they get abused or killed out of retaliation towards someone else and many times that person does go on to abuse human beings.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#12 Mar 25, 2012
sandy63 wrote:
<quoted text>I agree.What you said has been proven and i posted a link proving what i said.I have read too many stories where they get abused or killed out of retaliation towards someone else and many times that person does go on to abuse human beings.
Thank you.

Location hidden

#13 Mar 25, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>You are starting to get very technical. There is a big difference between killing dangerous animals, suffering animals, killing for meat or clothing vs. killing an animal just for the fun of it.
I don't kill them for the joy of killing them or for the fun of it. I kill them to protect my cattle, pigs, chickens, deer, my pet dogs and cats. Keep your dog under control just as I do mine. I do not allow my dogs to run loose. It's not my job to control other peoples dogs but I will if they look to be of the vicious breed and come on my farm.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#14 Mar 25, 2012
Joe Chit wrote:
<quoted text>I don't kill them for the joy of killing them or for the fun of it. I kill them to protect my cattle, pigs, chickens, deer, my pet dogs and cats. Keep your dog under control just as I do mine. I do not allow my dogs to run loose. It's not my job to control other peoples dogs but I will if they look to be of the vicious breed and come on my farm.
If the animal does provide a bona fide and not simply a paranoid imagined threat, you are withing your rights to use lethal force. I have a dog and three cats of my own, the cats are all 13 years old or older.
madaboutdogs

Bristol, TN

#15 Jul 21, 2012
tab wrote:
It doesnt surprise me. I dont expect the cops in smith co. do anything about it either. They are the sorriest police i have ever seen.

Someone took our 3 dogs and we could not get anything done. They say a dog is just another animal. I say they are family and should be treated as such. They have rights too.
Dog Lover

Lebanon, TN

#16 Dec 19, 2012
People that do this is too afraid to face someone that can handle them.They have to pick on some poor animal.Yeah,they need the same treatment,only worse.I wish I could be the judge on this one!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pets Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kesha and Taylor Swift spark concern as they ar... Tue emogirlpa 1
Syrian Man Cares for Abandoned Pet Cats Tue emogirlpa 1
Offer Lulu -- small female Terrier Mix Tue victor 1
Siberian Husky Puppies ( Blue Eyes ) for free a... (Apr '12) Sep 28 Pissed 226
2 corn snakes to be rehomed, 1ghost & 1red Sep 28 tonicronkrite 1
Wanted: Pitbull puppies! Cheap! Sep 23 sasu 4
Can I Litter Train my Pet Mice? (Oct '07) Sep 20 poooooooooooop 9

Pets People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE