Announcing the Opening of Aberdeen Acres Pet Resort & Spa

May 5, 2014 Full story: I-Newswire.com 7

For Melissa and Tom Stubblefield, one business owners' retirement created a new career path for the couple.

Full Story
buldog1

Orange Park, FL

#1 May 6, 2014
Umm....NO! PREVIOUS OWNER DID NOT "CONSIDER" RETIREMENT! HE (RUSS EBERSOLE) IS IN JAIL FOR ANIMAL ABUSE!! The facility can NOT be sold because the federal government has a lien on the property due to Mr Ebersole's past felony conviction! And the Stubblefields???? They are close friends and allies of Ebersole! They came to court to support him and even after viewing the videos of clear abuse, made statements to the newspapers that Russ used acceptable and standard training methods and should never have been charged. Apparently the judge disagreed. Ebersole was sentenced to TWO YEARS in jail and not allowed to gave contact with companion animals for SIX ADDITIONAL years! Nope. He didn't consider retirement. He was forced out by a judge. In addition Mr Stubblefield chased several of us down after Ebersole's conviction, swearing and threatening us for supporting the conviction! I believe his words were "we will get you for this"! There are some pieces of this puzzle missing. Why did Stubblefields defend Ebersole so violently? Why was Mr Stubblefield so angry after the conviction that he chased several women down a Winchester street in the pouring rain to verbally attack us? I for one would never put my pet in their care! They have not purchased the facility either as there is still a $700K lien on it by the feds.
buldog1

Orange Park, FL

#2 May 6, 2014
And if Mr Ebersole is no longer involved in the facility why is his personal truck still there? Since the facility can't be sold with the federal lien who are the Stubblefields paying rent to? Mr Ebersole would be my guess. Nice he can continue to make $ on the facility where he abused dogs!
buldog1

Orange Park, FL

#3 May 6, 2014
Hey! What happened to the "new" Aberdeen Acres web site? The one showing the new "owners"? And the letter of endorsement from the convicted animal abuser?
fyi

Winchester, VA

#4 May 8, 2014
The Stubblefields and Ebersole's CLOSE friends. Tom actually chased women into the street when Ebersole lost, threatening and cursing at them. They see no problem and have no problem with Ebersole's abusive training methods. So have at that, it's going to be JUST like before.
fyi

Winchester, VA

#5 May 8, 2014
Also, the website is still there like it always was. you just have to find the backwards way into it.
Animal Lover

Winchester, VA

#6 Jul 9, 2014
*Note: Melissa & Tom Stubblefield are acquintances of Russell Ebersole. They were in attendance at his sentencing and defended the abusive and torturous "training" techniques he inflicted on animals. Melissa Stubblefield is quoted as follows: "Mr. Ebersole has never abused a dog, ever in his life," said Melissa Stubblefiled, a previous neighbor of Ebersole’s. When asked about her reaction to his sentencing, Stubblefield said she thought it was,“absolutely ridiculous. He does not deserve this. He has not abused dogs. He’s using standard training methods."

You can read her quote in this news article from Dec. 6, 2013: Virginia Man Sentenced to Four Counts of Animal Cruelty.
Pete Merriott

Stephens City, VA

#7 Jul 17, 2014
I, too, had my doubts about Aberdeen Acres being under new ownership when I saw the sign so I went to www.fcva.us (Frederick County's website) and using the County's tax map found that Russell Ebersole is still the owner of Aberdeen Acres. I know I'll continue to use in home pet sitters for my pets care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pets Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Budweiser Clydesdales coming to Columbus Dec.10... 12 hr Will Dockery 2
Tips on handling wildcats Tue mexicanbeaner 1
Healthy and gorgeous tiger cubs for sale to exp... (Feb '12) Dec 13 injectionfairylily 60
free puppies to good home (Jan '09) Dec 13 liz 579
Houston Veterinarian Hires New Veterinarian, Pr... Dec 12 Gerald Vonberger 1
two free blue eyed siberian husky puppies (Jul '12) Dec 5 Julie anne 43
The 9 best animal shows on TV Dec 2 Sneaky Pete 2