For the love of animals

For the love of animals

There are 13 comments on the Villager Journal Online story from May 7, 2009, titled For the love of animals. In it, Villager Journal Online reports that:

A volunteer at the Spring River Animal Services playing with dogs to acclimate them to being around other dogs and to interact well with people so that they will be more likely to be adopted.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Villager Journal Online.

WARNING

Lake Charles, LA

#1 Jun 1, 2009
Heard CC Beard is back in the area! Please be sure he doesn't come anywhere near them.

Since: Oct 08

Hinesville, GA

#2 Jun 5, 2009
Everyone keep a Close Eye on your animals!!!

Since: Jun 09

United States

#3 Jun 6, 2009
who is cc beard ? does he harm animals ?????? im a dog owner who has our dogs outside when the weather is nice so ne info would be greatly appreciated

Since: Sep 08

Cave City, AR

#4 Jun 7, 2009
done wit lyfe wrote:
who is cc beard ? does he harm animals ?????? im a dog owner who has our dogs outside when the weather is nice so ne info would be greatly appreciated
C.C. Baird is the man notorious for the animal farm at Martin Creek that took in animals with no documentation for sale to research hospitals. He is an evil man, who obviously only cares about money and hid behind the guise of a being a trusted preacher. The doumentary about his mill at Martin Creek (between Hardy and Ravenden)aired on HBO and was absolutely the most stomach turning thing I have ever watched. It was filmed by an undercover PETA worker who managed to get hired at the Baird operation in an attempt to show the world what Baird really did behind his "humanely ran" mill. The man was able to video document the atrocities that happened at the dog mill over a period of time and was able to get a warrant for his arrest, something that Sharp County wouldn't do. I don't think Baird did any time, he simply lost his farm and land and had to pay huge fines. It is such a tragedy for him and his wife to not to have to undergo the pain and suffering these animals endured at his hands.

United States

#5 Jun 7, 2009
omg that is horrible , our dogs are like our family if someone hurt our animals it would be like hurting our children and we wouldnt stand for that .
animals are my world

Cordova, TN

#6 Jun 15, 2009
Please go to this website if you love animals
animals are my world

Cordova, TN

#7 Jun 15, 2009
Animal Lover

Montgomery, AL

#8 Jun 16, 2009
I love animals too, right next to the taters and gravy.

Lake Charles, LA

#9 Jun 17, 2009
Animal Lover wrote:
I love animals too, right next to the taters and gravy.
You, Sir, are an idiot.

Kinder, LA

#10 Jun 18, 2009
I remember that SOB !! I can't believe he is back in the area. If I had known what was going on at that time , he would'nt have been able to come back from anywhere ! We had several animals go missing from our yard. We just assumed that hunters were stealing them, but now i'm not so sure. I did hear after the fact that he was paying money to anyone who would bring him dogs. I will be watching !!
curious

United States

#11 Jan 11, 2013
Is he still here?
curious

United States

#12 Jan 11, 2013
Should add... Only been here for less then a yr only heard stories of what happened and the place is right down the road from me... May be stupid question
worried

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Jan 15, 2013
It seems alot of dogs are starting to come up missing where is this man?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pets Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fire Ants for sale (May '11) Sat Jason s 11
BEWARE !! English Bulldog Puppy SCAM !!! (Jun '09) Sat Plshelp 733
News Snakes Alive! Missing pythons on the loose in n... Sep 16 Knock off purse s... 12
News The Gift of Midas gives back to equine genetic ... Sep 13 Stephany McDowell 2
News Can You Tell a Wild Cat from a Pet Cat? Sep 6 Dan Felix 1
News Should you buy your Child a Pet Snake? (Jan '10) Sep 4 flbadcatowner 50
News 'Canadian Million' Races Set for Woodbine Aug 28 Goody 1
More from around the web