Unfair laws on dogs

Jan 16, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Online

I ALWAYS presumed that one's own home was one's castle. Obviously, I was wrong. Now I read that to own a pet dog, I need my neighbour's permission 'Dog owners in Nilai must now get neighbour's permission' . I ...

Comments
21 - 27 of 27 Comments Last updated Nov 29, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Get The Balance Right”

Since: May 08

Burnaby, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2009

cindy wrote:
<quoted text>That's funny.:) A friend of mine has a similar issue with his German Shepard. He is retired and lives in the country. The dog has a 600 acre farm that she has all to herself. When he leaves, she will follow his truck out of the "holler" so he puts her in a large outdoor kennel. I must say that I have never known a dog who could chew through a chain link kennel until I met "Heidi". LOL
lol i can believe it! i use wildlife fencing, and mine would snip through it with her teeth no problems until one day i hooked up a car battery and charged the fence. she hasn't done that since, but digging underneath it is her pet escape method now. my fence boundary looks like a rock garden in arizona. my saving grace is i never taught her to jump.
cindy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2009

LOL! Oh the things we do for our pets!
angel Dust

Kennewick, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2009

sad i feel for you my naibors are bitches making me almost pay a fine of 1,ooo jeez! hell no they jus hating!...

“oh i think he likes me”

Since: May 08

Sierra Vista, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2009

i find this story a bit odd. even for a dog to be taken away from its owners for "roaming", if its proved to be non-aggressive, the dog will usually be adopted out to another family unless the breed its self is banned in that area. but if every dog that was found running around was put down, there would be no place for a lot of us to adopt our dogs from.

while i am sorry for your loss, as the death of a pet is always troublesome, i do think the story is missing something that if included i'm sure would at least make sense. whether fair, i dunno, but at least make sense.

judging from others responses i have read, i am not the only one who finds this story a bit fishy.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

As long as their are people who are willing to use their prima donna status to get back at people through corruption in the local legal systems, it is very possible that people's pets will become innocent pawns in people's vendettas against one another.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

hell2the_nah wrote:
i find this story a bit odd. even for a dog to be taken away from its owners for "roaming", if its proved to be non-aggressive, the dog will usually be adopted out to another family unless the breed its self is banned in that area. but if every dog that was found running around was put down, there would be no place for a lot of us to adopt our dogs from.
while i am sorry for your loss, as the death of a pet is always troublesome, i do think the story is missing something that if included i'm sure would at least make sense. whether fair, i dunno, but at least make sense.
judging from others responses i have read, i am not the only one who finds this story a bit fishy.
I would suspect that there may have been a problem involving the dog either annoying the neighbors with its barking , or having shown aggression toward the neighbor when it observed the other neighbor's hostility to its owner. It is also possible that the dog was an innocent victim of a neighbor's vindictiveness. I do not doubt for a minute that the charges were trumped up. You will be surprised at what miscarriges of justice can happen at the local and county governments in the more rural counties of Florida.
Simply anonymous

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

While it is true that dogs are labeled as cruel for attacking an individual, there also needs to be more rights for animals defending themselves. I own a dog that attacked an individual who forced their hand down the throat of my dog to remove a piece of food. First off the dog could have felt that it was being choked or that it was defending what was his. The reason why a dog attacked an individual should be addressed not just that the dog attacked an individual. The dog can be defending itself, reacting towards neglect and abuse, and if it defends itself on just one occasion can be labeled as cruel.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pets Discussions

Search the Pets Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
two free blue eyed siberian husky puppies (Jul '12) 15 hr Jasmine 36
Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty: Exotic Bengal Cat Los... 22 hr Free Kwame 5
cute and adorable capuchin monkey for adoption ... (Mar '13) Tue jen 24
Teacup yorkie puppies for free adoption (Jun '13) Jul 21 nelly 142
Feral and free-roaming cats create community he... (Aug '13) Jul 21 Pandora 9
BEWARE !! English Bulldog Puppy SCAM !!! (Jun '09) Jul 19 lost my money 662
Siberian Husky Puppies ( Blue Eyes ) for free a... (Apr '12) Jul 19 Bob 214
•••
•••