Feral Cat Coalition in Fluvanna Reduc...

Feral Cat Coalition in Fluvanna Reducing Number of Wild Cats

There are 13 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jun 28, 2013, titled Feral Cat Coalition in Fluvanna Reducing Number of Wild Cats. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

The Feral Cat Coalition has trapped hundreds of cats and gotten them treatment to reduce the numbers of wild cats.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Tiffany E

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jun 30, 2013
You can visit Earthegy's website (jewelry maker in Fluvanna) and purchase a gorgeous Pawprints bracelet and some of the proceeds will go to the FFCC. http://www.earthegy.com/Pawprints#.UdDAARG9KK...
Hadrian

UK

#2 Jun 30, 2013
"She'd had a lot of litters and the kittens were born with their heads and their legs on backwards." I think on the account of the novelty value these could have re-homed quite quickly.
wise crack

United States

#3 Jun 30, 2013
Three letters SSS shoot shovel and shutup. Feral cats that are released still kill birds, rabbits and other crtitters hence they still are a problem. Unless they are brought undr the direct care of someone they will still kill other wild life.
Frankenrube

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Jul 1, 2013
Go idea. Look at what inbreeding has done to Greene.
Just sayin

United States

#6 Jul 1, 2013
Hadrian wrote:
"She'd had a lot of litters and the kittens were born with their heads and their legs on backwards." I think on the account of the novelty value these could have re-homed quite quickly.
No Novelty in deformed sick kittens that incur alot of vet bills. They were better off, sad to say..
jus wonderin

Faber, VA

#11 Jul 1, 2013
"She'd had a lot of litters and the kittens were born with their heads and their legs on backwards. And we had to euthanize them upon arrival and I'm tearing up now, it was awful," Mackenzie said."

She's probably one of the many "women's choice/rights" gals who could watch a late term abortion, where they suck out the human baby's brain, while not blinking an eye, much less shedding a tear, but feral cats???
jus wonderin

Faber, VA

#12 Jul 1, 2013
Well, they just removed a perfectly acceptable word. One more time using words which will confuse them:

She's probably one of the many "women's choice/rights" gals who could watch a late term, partial-birth abortion, where they evacuate out the human baby's brain by aspiration, or disarticulate the neck, while not blinking an eye, much less shedding a tear, but feral cats???
Chuck

Ruckersville, VA

#13 Jul 1, 2013
They should just sell hunting licenses for feral cats. These cats do so much irreparable damage to the local wildlife.
My2Cents

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Jul 2, 2013
jus wonderin wrote:
Well, they just removed a perfectly acceptable word. One more time using words which will confuse them:
She's probably one of the many "women's choice/rights" gals who could watch a late term, partial-birth abortion, where they evacuate out the human baby's brain by aspiration, or disarticulate the neck, while not blinking an eye, much less shedding a tear, but feral cats???
Wow. You are really gonna judge someone like that? Do you even know that lady? You should be ashamed of yourself. What have you done to better the world lately? People like you make me sick. Just stay of the internet and keep your hurtful comments to yourself.
Party Pooper

Waynesboro, VA

#16 Jul 3, 2013
The only good cat is a dead cat,
Felix the Cat

Taylor, TX

#17 Jul 3, 2013
Party Pooper wrote:
The only good cat is a dead cat,
The only good cat hater is an incarcerated cat hater.

There, fixed it for you.
Immaculate Catception

Taylor, TX

#18 Jul 4, 2013
Lizz Palmer Mackenzie (Feral Cat Coalition President) said, "One feral cat can easily become 25 or 30 feral cats in a year..."

Erm, how do you reckon that one out? Always thought it took TWO to tango.
The CLC Movement

United States

#19 Jul 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
They should just sell hunting licenses for feral cats. These cats do so much irreparable damage to the local wildlife.
You have that a bit backward. You don't need any license to hunt cats. The ONLY rule is don't shoot them on someone else's land without permission.(And of course, obeying all humane hunting policies and practices. You can't just let it run off to suffer. Make it a clean kill. I use a .22lr with a good scope and a laser-sight (invaluable during dusk to dawn when cats are most active). I've not wasted even ONE bullet yet on the hundreds and hundreds of them that I've had to shoot and bury.)

Laws about shooting animals only define which species you CANNOT shoot-to-kill legally or seasonally (regulated game-animals) on your own lands. You don't need permission to shoot-to-death ANY animal that is NOT under legal protection. This is why so many states don't pass laws to make it open-season on cats. It's ALWAYS been open-season on them. Cats are even listed as "vermin" in the USA since the early 1900's, this means poisons can even be used legally. You've been lied-to by cat-lickers (is that any surprise).

The only animals exempt from taking immediate action, legally, are those listed as endangered or threatened species, regulated game-animals (hunting season only, except for designated "small game" on your own lands which is year-'round no-license in most states), and any bird species under protection of MBTA (Migratory Bird Treaty Act). Even then variances can be given should there be sufficient problem but this requires further study by authorities. Cats are listed in the TOP 100 WORST invasive species of the world in the "Global Invasive Species Database" ( issg.org/database/species/ecology.asp... ), this means they have no protection whatsoever from being shot on sight, they are not a protected species anywhere in the world. Quite the opposite as a matter of fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pets Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman 'Devastated' Her Dog Was Mistakenly Adopt... May 2 Ldarrell 16
News Sale Of Animals On Side Of Roads Now Illegal - ... (Feb '10) Apr 30 Spay and Neuter 50
BEWARE !! English Bulldog Puppy SCAM !!! (Jun '09) Apr 28 CaitlinSimon1 726
ISO Chocolate Lab Puppies Apr 25 Anonymous 1
LOOKING for FREE or $20 YORKIE / POODLE PUPPIES (Mar '10) Apr 25 Velda 6
News Should you buy your Child a Pet Snake? (Jan '10) Apr 22 Awesome dude54 48
News Secret Service: Man planned to kidnap first dog Apr 22 Jaimie 6
More from around the web