John Martinez, Alligator Wrestler on Gator Boys, Dies at Age 30

Sep 11, 2013 Full story: Broward-Palm Beach 102

Alligator wrestler John Carlos Martinez, a lifelong animal lover and a character on the reality show Gator Boys , died on September 3, New Times has learned.

Full Story
Sheila

New Philadelphia, OH

#82 Dec 17, 2013
How did I miss this for so long?! God bless and be with his family and friends. I loved seeing him on the show. He truly had a good heart, made obvious (even to those of us who will never really know him) by his service to our country and his love for animals. RIP J-Mart. You will be greatly missed.
McGlamry

Marietta, GA

#83 Jan 5, 2014
Let the man rest. His family will tell you when they wish to. Until then have respect. Arguing about it on this blog is not the way to show respect.
i am no telling u

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#84 Jan 5, 2014
I am friends with Scott and not even he will tell me.
lucia2013

United States

#85 Jan 5, 2014
J Mart seemed to be fun to work with seeming to wanting to please others yet always make people smile. My heart and Prayers go out to his family. A parent should never outlive their child. He will be missed as will those blue eyes :-).

Since: Mar 13

United States

#86 Jan 5, 2014
Paul was ruff on JMart but by God If He was needed He was The kind of guy that would do anything to help out a friend and I hope he Rests in Peace and My prayers go out to his family .No parent should Have to bury there child .Its not about How at 30 yrs old but Why maybe They had some gators in heaven out of control.RIP JMart
Alice

Chesterfield, MO

#87 Jan 5, 2014
after reading these posting I just wanted make a comment
his family and friends do have a right to deal with his death as they choose but if they would have told us what happened as most people who are known by the public as he was then the family would have had more privacy than they do now
no matter how he died It wouldn't change the fact that I thought he was nice guy and liked to see him on the show
God's peace and comforter will help them through this
boogie

United States

#88 Jan 5, 2014
What happened to John Martinez?
I want the truth!
annon

Detroit, MI

#89 Jan 5, 2014
Im gonna be 100% honest if you couldn't tell he was a junk box then u arent a true and havent watched the show ur boy was on something... just like turtleman u just never know
ellie king

Chicago, IL

#90 Jan 5, 2014
I have no idea. I watched an episode last year and he was wrestling a gator. Then out of the blue he was bitten on the head. He probably died from that.

I can't believe he was only 30 yrs. old when he died. Why so young?!

R.I.P. John Martinez.*you were my favorite person in g.b.(Gator Boys)

NEVER EVER WRESTLE A GATOR OR EVEN ATTEMPT TO! Unless you wanna die.
Dimwitt Flathead

Warren, OH

#91 Jan 5, 2014
Non wrote:
He died from a truck accident but I really don't think it should matter. Even if you are so called "true fans", them not wanting to share what happened is what they're trying to do and "true fans" should have enough respect to just leave it be.
Those of you that actually WANT to know, why don't you look up the information in the broward county death certificates? Death certificates ARE public information and the certificate WILL have the cause of death on it. It may not be what you want to read because it'll be technical and only mean something to those that know how to read the certificates.

A truck accident may have "blunt force trauma to the head" as the cause of death and alligator bite may have "severed aorta" or whatever as the cause. What caused the cause of death the certificates may not show.
Dimwitt Flathead

Warren, OH

#92 Jan 5, 2014
boogie wrote:
What happened to John Martinez?
I want the truth!
the truth? he died. that's the truth. anything further, you don't have the rights to know. if you persist in finding out, check his death certificate in the broward county records. you will need his full name and his date of death.
Pacatam

Brentwood, CA

#93 Jan 5, 2014
Family of Johns wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason why we are/were trying to keep the reason of his death as hush hush as we can, is because so many children do watch the show. We are all hurting and some of the comments I've read are people being too curious for their own good. John left many loved ones and people who he cared for and that cared for him. Fans aside, yes he was a public figure, and to y'all he was J-Mart. To those of us whom truly knew him he was, just John. Silly, charming, smily, sweet, fun loving, honest, John.
All I ask for anybody reading this is to pray for all those personally and seriously affected. His mother and sister who grieve everyday until their last breaths.
So WHAT is the big deal to just state cause of death? You must know by staying mute you just fuel the speculation, kids watch the show is your reason? All this speculation isn't so great for kids either. They want closure just as all of us who watched him on the show. I'd ask you to stop the BS and just say it. We aren't going to Judge him, just want to put it to bed
Anonymous

Roswell, GA

#94 Jan 7, 2014
John was a great person w/ amazing talents. He loved animals and people. It doesn't matter how he passed- he is no longer here and everyone who knew him misses him so much. He was very caring and smart. He taught so many people about wild animals and the Everglades. A lot of people want to know what happened but it won't change a thing. Just remember the great person he was to keep his memory alive.

“Follow Me @trotlinedesigns”

Since: Jan 10

Lehigh Acres, FL

#95 Jan 7, 2014
Funny, I don't remember him.
mike moran

Indianapolis, IN

#96 Jan 26, 2014
All of us at my house would love to know how he died
Random

Miami, FL

#97 Feb 11, 2014
He hung himself from his SUV. That's what doing drugs will do to someone.
Friend123

Roswell, GA

#98 Feb 11, 2014
This is true. He took his own life. It's scary to think what drugs will do. If anyone who reads this is a drug addict - Please get help. It effects everyone around you! Suicide is never the answer! There are so many support groups.
Mr_Perfect

Redlands, CA

#100 Apr 8, 2014
Never saw other episodes with J Mart. Just the one where he clearly is a cocky Mr. Know it all. In his words, "I'm a fence expert". Yes, he is in "good humor" when he talks, but he does that, talks without listening. He has no respect for the owner of the the business he is volunteering for. The Boss/Owner asked him, more than once NOT do work on the fence. Not only did he disrespect the business and the bosses orders/request, he spoke to another employee as if he was an expert on construction of fences and talked the employee to do something he was not supposed to either. Maybe his role in the show is to be the "fool". I don't know. Is he is just being himself? is he learning impaired???? A generation of Americans have no respect for others, then they become parents and have raised another generation of people who are complete ignoramuses and don't realize they have no integrity, honor, empathy. I know the show is supposed to be entertaining and this guy is supposed to be funny, but living as a 30 year old child and believing you have it together is not good for anyone.
Hatchet

Tyler, TX

#102 May 6, 2014
Family of Johns wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell people to take their lives. Thank you for the passion, but still out of line.
I agree on both parts I'm sad to learn of johns death and never knew his family but I am sorry he passed away I have much love for those who care about the animals and there country simpa fi devil dogs
Savanna

Auburn, WA

#103 May 13, 2014
I know how

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pets Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Allergies: For love of pets, and their owners (Mar '14) 3 hr Jack 3
Siberian Husky Puppies ( Blue Eyes ) for free a... (Apr '12) Sep 13 jorgedelvillar 223
two free blue eyed siberian husky puppies (Jul '12) Sep 13 jflowers8651 40
Fire Ants for sale (May '11) Sep 13 tomleonard 7
China volunteers rescue 900 dogs in cramped truck (Mar '13) Sep 13 Go Blue Forever 3
wanted English bulldog puppies Sep 12 Reply 10
Acrobatic Capuchin Monkeys availble for free ad... (Oct '13) Sep 12 Ritz 4
•••

Pets People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••