John Martinez, Alligator Wrestler on ...

John Martinez, Alligator Wrestler on Gator Boys, Dies at Age 30

There are 107 comments on the Broward-Palm Beach story from Sep 11, 2013, titled John Martinez, Alligator Wrestler on Gator Boys, Dies at Age 30. In it, Broward-Palm Beach reports that:

Alligator wrestler John Carlos Martinez, a lifelong animal lover and a character on the reality show Gator Boys , died on September 3, New Times has learned.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Broward-Palm Beach.

Abby

Boerne, TX

#62 Oct 7, 2013
Y'all wonder how he died and so do I,but the people who know him are sad and tired.They might want there peace.He had gotten to a car accident. No more to it people die everyday in car accidents and it's so sad.So pray for his family ,friends for peace ,and love. That we celebrate him going of into Heaven.That God has a place for him. He's wrestling Alligators in Heaven. Keeping those Alligator in line.
I never thought he would die. It just happened.So one lesson is stay safe while on the street while going 80 miles per hour.I know people say this all the time ,but He is in a better,wonderful place
Abby

Boerne, TX

#63 Oct 7, 2013
Melissa wrote:
It is extremely sad that John passed. But I disagree and am actually confused/ sickened by the people "demanding" to know what the details are and saying you guys have the right to know. Really? The only people that have those rights are his family and friends. Yes he was on a show, but that doesn't mean he, his family or the Gator Boys owe you people anything. He was a real person, not a character on a show. The details of his passing are his family's private business. Obviously you people are not real fans, but trolls. Show some respect.
I'm dissapointed that people would demand an answer this is someones life.Think if your Grandpa died would you want people to ask them why?then demand an answer when you really should keep it to friends and family
Kim Wendland Allen

Salt Lake City, UT

#64 Oct 7, 2013
Very sad! This brought tears to my eyes when I watched last nights episode. RIP J-Mart.
insight

Fayetteville, GA

#65 Oct 8, 2013
tony c wrote:
are you people freaking idiots ... just because you watch the show you believe that gives you some right into his personal life and cause of death. Maybe no one is saying anything out of respect for John and his family. Hope he has a bag of Cheetos wherever he is.
Tony C..... If everyone thought as you do, we would still be in the dark ages....
butylicous

Delray Beach, FL

#66 Oct 9, 2013
this is stupet.they act like they cant tell us this
Frank

Bellows Falls, VT

#67 Oct 9, 2013
Abby wrote:
Y'all wonder how he died and so do I,but the people who know him are sad and tired.They might want there peace.He had gotten to a car accident. No more to it people die everyday in car accidents and it's so sad.So pray for his family ,friends for peace ,and love. That we celebrate him going of into Heaven.That God has a place for him. He's wrestling Alligators in Heaven. Keeping those Alligator in line.
I never thought he would die. It just happened.So one lesson is stay safe while on the street while going 80 miles per hour.I know people say this all the time ,but He is in a better,wonderful place
if you knew it was a car accident then why are you still wondering how he died? If you don't know for sure don't post it. Thanks
Tiffany

Marietta, GA

#68 Oct 13, 2013
I actually ran across this show out of boredom today and realized i went on a date with this guy a few years back. So sad that he is dead. He seemed like a sweet guy. RIP
someone

Chatsworth, GA

#69 Oct 13, 2013
He died in a truck accedent
debbieschiess

Bronx, NY

#70 Oct 13, 2013
J-Mart was a very funny guy. One of the GREAT "GATOR BOYS". I hope he didn't die from a Gator. I wish he didn't die at all. Rest in peace in Cheeto Heaven.
Randy Matthews

Cedar Park, TX

#71 Oct 13, 2013
I just want to say sorry for ur loss to j Mart family and to the gator boys we will all miss j mart R.I.P
David Sharpe

Phenix City, AL

#72 Oct 16, 2013
John Martinez (J-mart) died from a truck accident, this is all I no so far.
Bill

New London, CT

#73 Oct 18, 2013
Condolences to his family and friends and appreciation for the entertainment he contributed to the show, his contributions to animal welfare, his service to our country, and the seemingly pleasant and amusing personality he shared.
When I and most others I know hear that someone has died unexpectedly, the usual, normal, concerned and still respectful reaction is "how, what happened?" That reaction shouldn't be criticized. However, when theanswer comes back "I'd rather not say" then that needs to be respected, too.
Hope Mitchell

Arlington, VA

#74 Oct 18, 2013
I loved J Mart and he will be missed I'm so sorry
frank

Worcester, MA

#75 Oct 20, 2013
Iwant to know how he die because he is aa good guy
Linda

Crystal Lake, IL

#76 Oct 20, 2013
I'm a little behind on the news of J-Mart's death. Very sad to find out. My prayers are with his family. I did like him on Gator Boys then was tickled one day when watching some of my Jack Hanna shows on DVR. Guess who was showing Jungle Jack a gator nest?! J-Mart (aka John)...he was teaching Jack how to imitate a baby alligator calling his mama. Definitely, a talented man. Rest in peace.
kswads

Madison, WI

#77 Oct 31, 2013
For all you morons who think your intitled to know how it happened. Get a clue and and let the man and family have thier privacy in thier time of grief. Also for those of you assuming drugs, dui, or any other stupid thing. Y'all make me sick.
Carl Steckler

Malone, NY

#78 Nov 5, 2013
tony c wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no reason to apologize ... you said nothing wrong ... my comment was directed towards the idiotic comments above your post.
RIP Marine, Semper Fi
You done good
Anon

Auckland, New Zealand

#79 Nov 11, 2013
tony c wrote:
are you people freaking idiots ... just because you watch the show you believe that gives you some right into his personal life and cause of death. Maybe no one is saying anything out of respect for John and his family. Hope he has a bag of Cheetos wherever he is.
Amen!!!!!!
Family of Johns

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#80 Dec 8, 2013
TommyA wrote:
It's understandable that if you are going to put yourself in the public eye, in all fairness, the public wants to know what happened to someone they cared about.
The reason why we are/were trying to keep the reason of his death as hush hush as we can, is because so many children do watch the show. We are all hurting and some of the comments I've read are people being too curious for their own good. John left many loved ones and people who he cared for and that cared for him. Fans aside, yes he was a public figure, and to y'all he was J-Mart. To those of us whom truly knew him he was, just John. Silly, charming, smily, sweet, fun loving, honest, John.
All I ask for anybody reading this is to pray for all those personally and seriously affected. His mother and sister who grieve everyday until their last breaths.
Family of Johns

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#81 Dec 8, 2013
Tony o wrote:
I am a great fan of the show as well, I feel as fans we all have the right to know one thing... We need to know that John and everyone else that passes away should be respected. If anyone finds the importance of his death being so great and really wants to know, kill yourself and go ask him personally. Even through some hard times and sorrow we have idiots placing comments with curiosity of his death instead of sympathy for him and family. John... Thank you for serving our country DEVILDOG FOREVER !!!
Don't tell people to take their lives. Thank you for the passion, but still out of line.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pets Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Baby Egyptian Fruit Bats for sale (Apr '12) Jan 17 Emily champagne 60
News Obesity in dogs sparks epidemic of canine arthr... Jan 17 LIFELONG IMMUNITY 1
Free Siamese Kittens (Aug '13) Jan 17 Kalia 28
News NIB Nib the fastest hamster (Oct '12) Jan 16 viet phap 9
News How to Get Rid of a Dog's Cold (Apr '11) Jan 16 Boronofsky 60
two free blue eyed siberian husky puppies (Jul '12) Jan 16 Cele 49
Turner & Hooch puppies for sale!!! (Sep '11) Dec '16 Jon Lloyd 3
More from around the web