John Martinez, Alligator Wrestler on Gator Boys, Dies at Age 30

Sep 11, 2013 Full story: Broward-Palm Beach 102

Alligator wrestler John Carlos Martinez, a lifelong animal lover and a character on the reality show Gator Boys , died on September 3, New Times has learned.

Full Story
jennifer sonier

Owasso, OK

#42 Oct 6, 2013
Krissy wrote:
Everything I read says that John died on September 3rd. Weird that there is a post by Everglades Holiday Park on Facebook that reads "Rest in peace, John. You will be greatly missed." which was posted on July 31, 2013 at 5:59am. Check it out for yourself, https://www.facebook.com/EvergladesHolidayPar...
I'm just sayin'....... weird

krissy the reason it says thaqt is cuz its an old pic and they went and edited the caption that is why it says that cuz the pic is from july 31st but he did die september 3rd
Debi

Gaylord, MI

#43 Oct 6, 2013
tony c wrote:
are you people freaking idiots ... just because you watch the show you believe that gives you some right into his personal life and cause of death. Maybe no one is saying anything out of respect for John and his family. Hope he has a bag of Cheetos wherever he is.
I agree with a softer tone it is not our business, I am saddened and will miss his silliness.
Wendy

Richfield, OH

#44 Oct 6, 2013
RIP J-MAR!!! LOVE AND WILL ALWAYS MISS YOU! GOD BLESS YoU AND YOUR FAMILY!!! REST IN HEAVEN BUDDY!
♥
MattJM

Chico, CA

#45 Oct 6, 2013
Most of the time when a persons death is kept quite Like Johns, It is usually a suicide. God Bless you and R.I.P. John.
TommyA

Souderton, PA

#46 Oct 6, 2013
It's understandable that if you are going to put yourself in the public eye, in all fairness, the public wants to know what happened to someone they cared about.
Cnb

Orange Park, FL

#47 Oct 6, 2013
tony c wrote:
are you people freaking idiots ... just because you watch the show you believe that gives you some right into his personal life and cause of death. Maybe no one is saying anything out of respect for John and his family. Hope he has a bag of Cheetos wherever he is.
Agreed!!!!!
April

Kingston, PA

#48 Oct 6, 2013
Don't care much how he died, he was an awesome part of that team. I loved watching him on the show, he reminds me of how important our friends we make along way really are. We all have that friend who is a bit strange, has a unique perspective and often causes trouble with good intentions at heart. We don't want them to change a bit because we care about them for who they are. J-Mart was the guy you love to have around because you never know what is going to happen all you know for sure is your gonna end the day with a smile. He brought smiles to me and my family. I am truly saddened by this news and my condolences to J-Marts immediate family and to the Gator Boys Family. He is truly going to be missed. I made a point to call on my friends when I heard the news to just tell them how important and valuable my friends are to me. I politely and calmly just said, hey bro, on your way over, pick up a bag of Cheetos. PS They should put that big wooden Gator up as a memorial to J-Mart so long as it is done in a clever way. What would J-Mart have done?. We will all miss J-Mart.
moon dog

United States

#49 Oct 6, 2013
RIP J-mart my daughter was and still is your biggest fan.
amanda

Lakeland, FL

#50 Oct 6, 2013
I understand that everyone wants to know what happen but at the same time you must have respect for him as well as the family and friends. No one knows what happen and thoes who do are not commenting. RIP john you will be missed by many and remembered always...
Melissa

Erie, PA

#51 Oct 6, 2013
It is extremely sad that John passed. But I disagree and am actually confused/ sickened by the people "demanding" to know what the details are and saying you guys have the right to know. Really? The only people that have those rights are his family and friends. Yes he was on a show, but that doesn't mean he, his family or the Gator Boys owe you people anything. He was a real person, not a character on a show. The details of his passing are his family's private business. Obviously you people are not real fans, but trolls. Show some respect.
sharon

East New Market, MD

#52 Oct 6, 2013
well the only thing gator boys will say is that it did not happen at holiday park. makes me think he could have been out on a gator call, and got bit. He was a bit of a crazy out of control guy. Otherwise it is very odd that no one will say how he died. Something is up here. And they do not want any one to know what happened. If he did die on a gator call, its not gator boys fault. It was an accident.
big bob

Pico Rivera, CA

#53 Oct 6, 2013
May god give the Martinez family peace and comfort during this time of sadness...We all know he is in a better place...You will b solely missed "J-Mart"....this bag of cheetos is for u!!!!
lola

United States

#54 Oct 6, 2013
i just wanted is family to know that he will be missed. He always made me laugh,He will be missed.
Jorge ramirez

Brentwood, CA

#55 Oct 6, 2013
RIP John Martinez. My condolences to his family and gator boys.
cycomike

United States

#56 Oct 6, 2013
may he rest in piece
cycomike

United States

#57 Oct 6, 2013
*peace
Tony o

Queen Creek, AZ

#58 Oct 7, 2013
I am a great fan of the show as well, I feel as fans we all have the right to know one thing... We need to know that John and everyone else that passes away should be respected. If anyone finds the importance of his death being so great and really wants to know, kill yourself and go ask him personally. Even through some hard times and sorrow we have idiots placing comments with curiosity of his death instead of sympathy for him and family. John... Thank you for serving our country DEVILDOG FOREVER !!!
Jon Brase

Muscatine, IA

#59 Oct 7, 2013
He died from a crocodile he was trying to save in africa when he took a trip there go to gatorboys.com/deleted-scenes
Chris

United States

#60 Oct 7, 2013
All of you who feel you have a right just because you are a fan needs to get a life, it's none of yours nor my business how John passed. If the family wants to let everyone know how John passed then they will say so, until then get a life of your own and quit worrying about everyone else. RESPECT....RESPECT......RESPEC T, i can't say it enough.
Kevin

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#61 Oct 7, 2013
sorry for hearing about j mart i used to see him on the show. god bless you all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pets Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can I Litter Train my Pet Mice? (Oct '07) 12 hr poooooooooooop 9
Allergies: For love of pets, and their owners (Mar '14) 19 hr Jack 3
Siberian Husky Puppies ( Blue Eyes ) for free a... (Apr '12) Sep 13 jorgedelvillar 223
two free blue eyed siberian husky puppies (Jul '12) Sep 13 jflowers8651 40
Fire Ants for sale (May '11) Sep 13 tomleonard 7
China volunteers rescue 900 dogs in cramped truck (Mar '13) Sep 13 Go Blue Forever 3
wanted English bulldog puppies Sep 12 Reply 10
•••

Pets People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••