John Martinez, Alligator Wrestler on Gator Boys, Dies at Age 30

Sep 11, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Broward-Palm Beach

Alligator wrestler John Carlos Martinez, a lifelong animal lover and a character on the reality show Gator Boys , died on September 3, New Times has learned.

Comments
21 - 40 of 100 Comments Last updated May 13, 2014
Juliet

Rock Springs, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

We are all saddened by his death. May God be with his family and friends.
Krissy

Winchester, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Everything I read says that John died on September 3rd. Weird that there is a post by Everglades Holiday Park on Facebook that reads "Rest in peace, John. You will be greatly missed." which was posted on July 31, 2013 at 5:59am. Check it out for yourself, https://www.facebook.com/EvergladesHolidayPar...

I'm just sayin'....... weird
Jon YT

Kearny, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Rest in Peace
Gator Girl

Osgood, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

It doesn't matter how J-Mart died...only that he is gone. Morbid curiosity will not bring him back and may only cause further pain to his family and friends. We will miss you, J-Mart. Rest in peace, brother.
Alberto Cutuli

San Justo, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Which is the discussion here?
Jennifer

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Krissy wrote:
Everything I read says that John died on September 3rd. Weird that there is a post by Everglades Holiday Park on Facebook that reads "Rest in peace, John. You will be greatly missed." which was posted on July 31, 2013 at 5:59am. Check it out for yourself, https://www.facebook.com/EvergladesHolidayPar...
I'm just sayin'....... weird
I think what happened is someone went back to the photo that was posted July 31 and wrote the quote after he died Sep. 3. I looked at all the comments and the only condolences under the photo were on or after Sep. 3. The comments written July 31 and throughout August were speaking as if he were still alive. It's so sad and I am praying for his family.
noel ellema

Murrells Inlet, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

RIP u will be miss.thanks for making people laugh.
Vickie

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

J Mart rest in peace. Thank you for serving in the USA Marines and entering us on the Gator Boyes. Your lead back ways and big heart will be missed. God be with the family, friends and fans in this time of lose.
scott m new Jersey

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

God bless jmart RIP
Torin

Sylvania, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Jamie Laughman wrote:
<quoted text> I agree!!! It's bull crap
. Since when does viewing a show repeatedly or being the "biggest fan" give us rights to know everything? Idiots...
Leslie J

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

I'm 60..And I've never missed a"Gator Boys"show yet.I too,have seen "J Mart" and Grew to have a warm affection for such a"Different" Kind of Soul.I believe that when someone inquires about his passing.It's not about or because it's " None, of our Business..We should have more respect for the Family" Or "Wanting to Hear Some Gruesome,Kill Story"......I truly believe that the shock of Loseing a young vibrant man.. Is a true loss,One the viewers liked, and some loved...Most people, only hope that he passed Quickly and did not die a slow death or painful one.As would happen at the Jaws of a Gator.We all hope he passed free of pain and did not suffer.My Respect is for Him and his family.To all of whom I give my Deepest Respects.
Seldom Seen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

We have to realize that these shows are taped months before they actually air. The last episode of the Gator Boys they dedicated the show to him at the end, but didn't mention it on the show because it had not happened yet. I'm sure once next season starts they will mention it on the show and will probably explain how he died.
Karoline

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Leslie J wrote:
I'm 60..And I've never missed a"Gator Boys"show yet.I too,have seen "J Mart" and Grew to have a warm affection for such a"Different" Kind of Soul.I believe that when someone inquires about his passing.It's not about or because it's " None, of our Business..We should have more respect for the Family" Or "Wanting to Hear Some Gruesome,Kill Story"......I truly believe that the shock of Loseing a young vibrant man.. Is a true loss,One the viewers liked, and some loved...Most people, only hope that he passed Quickly and did not die a slow death or painful one.As would happen at the Jaws of a Gator.We all hope he passed free of pain and did not suffer.My Respect is for Him and his family.To all of whom I give my Deepest Respects.
A very wise and noteable outlook, Leslie, of which I agree. It seems if we just knew what happened then it would somehow ease our mind, it's how our curious and caring minds work. Being 30 yrs old I've only experienced a handful of deaths but in those handfuls I've experienced I realize the people who were taken far too soon are the cases of which I want to know every last detail as if it would make it easier. As you said, its because I'm selfish or have no respect for family it's just death is something that is hard to comprehend, especially when you know Johns had a kind and probably fragile spirit, yet he could wrestle an alligator lol
Thanks for sharing your wisdom, it shed some light in my life.
Lica

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

God bless J-Marts family. They must be in such pain! Rest in peace John you will be missed!!!
Christine

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

J-Mart R.I.P. You were taken too soon. You will be missed. God Bless.
Cordell

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

It just shows nobody's invincible. All the hard work and dangerous things they do on a daily basis. All of the alligator wrestling they do daily for the publics enjoyment and to raise money to save those gorgeous creatures! May god give you an afterlife made of cheetoh heaven!
June

Westport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

since its such a secret it could only be 3 things suicide or drug overdose and finally car crash dui.
Mike

Exeter, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Why is it so important to know how he died? It's called "privacy" please respect that, RIP J-MART
Melissa

Meadville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

R.I.P J-Mart
Corinne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

His memoir was after the episode with the crocodile, wonder if that beast got him... either way it sucks he was a funny guy, always giving those gators cheetos!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Pets Forum right now

Search the Pets Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
puppy in The Carpet Man ad on tv. 23 hr Mardee 1
Teacup yorkie puppies for free adoption (Jun '13) Sun Lovely Kia 144
Wanted:free pitbull puppy (Jan '10) Sun Livewire 37
BEWARE !! English Bulldog Puppy SCAM !!! (Jun '09) Sat Ashley 663
Adoption Sat Rose 1
two free blue eyed siberian husky puppies (Jul '12) Sat Bob 37
How to Get Rid of a Dog's Cold (Apr '11) Jul 24 MADDY 45
•••
•••