Student Wins $40,000 Settlement over ...

Student Wins $40,000 Settlement over Guinea Pig

There are 8 comments on the NBC Miami story from Mar 11, 2013, titled Student Wins $40,000 Settlement over Guinea Pig. In it, NBC Miami reports that:

A university in Michigan has agreed to pay $40,000 to settle a lawsuit with a student who was banned from taking a guinea pig to class.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Miami.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#1 Mar 11, 2013
Some pig.
Parden pard

Nazareth, PA

#2 Mar 11, 2013
It was a biology class and it wasn't the day to dissect guinea pigs.....duhhhhh
SESCOMM

Whitehall, PA

#3 Mar 11, 2013
So when the cost of tuition rises and pets become a menace or bite someone, we can refer back to this case.$40,000.? Is this the student's cost of education, now free for whining?
Parden pard

Nazareth, PA

#4 Mar 11, 2013
SESCOMM wrote:
So when the cost of tuition rises and pets become a menace or bite someone, we can refer back to this case.$40,000.? Is this the student's cost of education, now free for whining?
Hey dude,,? your from Catty too,,?(these frigin bridge closings got me pissed),,,,(anyway,,she had a dam good lawyer to pull this off),,say,,?

“So, what's the speed of dark??”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#5 Mar 12, 2013
This needs to go into the WTF category of why things cost so much in the country... He should have been tossed on his a$$ right out of the courthouse when he first filed for this.. And his little piggy....
DonkeyEstonkey

Hampton, VA

#6 Mar 12, 2013
Gotta be that it was cheaper just to pay her off than take it to trial, win or lose.
Coulda been worse, I reckon; she could've had a donkey, or a poop hurling chimp!
The Paisan

Huntington, NY

#7 Mar 12, 2013
She needs this pet to help her depression (medical reasons).

WTF is going to happen to her when this pet dies?

I hope people (her medical staff and family) have a plan of action in place........

How long do guinea pigs live till anyway? Just curious.

“Know thyself.”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#8 Mar 12, 2013
Oh, wow! Such freedom! How much went to his legal counsel?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pets Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News After 2 years, family realizes the pet dog they... May 19 Jackie 9
News Chinese men stole pet cats to make - dragon and... May 3 Cat Lover 3
News Cat named Page Turner now roams Bristol Public ... Apr 25 Marie Lavanture 1
Arctic Fox For Sale (May '12) Apr '18 -Isabella- 6
Pet clothes Apr '18 mellabella 1
News SPCA Florida charging fee to surrender animals Mar '18 Melissamichelle 1
News Should you buy your Child a Pet Snake? (Jan '10) Mar '18 Mikayla_o3o 64